OK HEN INSTALLED - NOW WHAT?

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Daren, Nov 23, 2019.

1. 20
    Daren

Daren Forum Noob

As per first thread yesterday - I am new to the PS3 scene and I am learning the mods:

My PS3 details are below

The model number of my PS3 is CECH - 4003A
    The firmware it is running is now 4.85
    As of last night I am now running HEN

Now I have HEN running - What now?

Are there any tuts that explain the different things that HEN can do?

2. 766
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Didn't see this new post and posted in your other thread.
    Check my signature for All in One HEN guide

3. 20
    Daren

Daren Forum Noob

Thanks for the heads up Fin9ersMcgee - I am now running 4.85 firmware and I have already installed HEN & MultiMAN following this tutorial -

Should I go ahead and install WebMAN MOD, ManaGunz and IrisMAN as well, as per your AIO Guide? does it cause any conflicts if I have too many applications installed?

Ps: Loving the sacred geometric avatar

4. 766
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Sacred geometry is everything :)

No conflicts will happen. I explain in the guide about a few minor qwirks, such as correct ripping procedures etc (you will need irisman for best disc rip support)

I also go over converting backups into psn content. Such as ps2 classics etc etc.
    Just have a little read, you will pick it up in no time

Daren likes this.
  5. 20
    Daren

Daren Forum Noob

Thanks for the information, and for taking time out and writing those tutorials. I now have a 1tb HDD and currently running HEN and MultiMAN application.

I am just experimenting now with ripping my first game to the HDD using MultiMAN. Once I have successfully achieved this. I will move on to installing the other applications. I am assuming (I have not looked yet) that I download the installers from the heading on your tut and then run them through Package installer like MultiMAN?

Once I have done this do I start a new thread with a new question or leave this one open?

6. 766
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    It's been a while since I checked the links in my guide.... But if they are not the current version, then Google them. You will more than likely find a github page with the most up to date version.

Yes, you use package manager to install the Pkg files.

If you have anymore trouble, don't hesitate to ask in this thread. No need to open a new one. And remember we have a search function here, top right of the site. If you can't find your answer there then open a new thread. I'm sure what you seek has more than likely already been asked.

7. 20
    Daren

Daren Forum Noob

Search function doesn't work for me I type in keywords for what I am trying to do and nothing shows up? for example, I type in .pkg files and I just get PSXPLACE ERROR.

Ok so I now have MultiMAN, IrisMAN,WebMAN (I do not know their capabilities though, will look in to that)

Can you let me know what 'PS3 FIX 3.55' means? in the folder I have downloaded is a .bin file and a .sfo file. I am assuming this is to get it to work with certain firmware? is this relevant to the 4.85 HWFW

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019