PS3 One Box To Rule Them All

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Charliewag78, Oct 11, 2019.

1. 3
    Charliewag78

Charliewag78 Forum Noob

Hi

I'm interested in buying and jailbreaking a PS4 to turn it into an all in one multimedia machine with emulators and mods but I want to be able to use it to watch TV specifcally:

Sky Go (UK)
    Netflix UK
    Amazon Prime UK
    Sling TV (US)
    Fox Soccer (USA)
    DAZN (Canada)
    Kodi (to watch programmes and movies on an external HDD)

Obviously I'll need a VPN (I have ExpressVPN). Can it be done?

Thanks

2. 1,692
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    For that you are just better of with the PlayStation3, almost all models can be Exploited regardless at being in the latest firmware, which is 4.85 as we speak, the scene on the PS3 its also more active than on the PS4.

Exploiting the PS4 isn't a bad choice, but you'll encounter limitations, much more than the PlayStation3, first off only PS4s with Firmware 5.05/5 07 can be Exploited via PS4HEN Webkit Exploit, the latest firmware as we speak its 7.00,plus you cannot find any PS4 on 5.05 nowadays, even if you do get ready to fork some extra cash for a Old Firmware, on a console which probably you won't see so much use, we are talking about 400 Quid upwards, maybe less if you are lucky, there are not too many Homebrew applications as on the PlayStation3, plus the HEN its only a Homebrew Enabler, which doesn't have many privileges, as there isn't any form of Custom Firmware as on the PlayStation3, of course not all PS3 Models can support Custom Firmware, but they can be exploited as well, not to mention the PS3 supports much higher Media Applications than the PS4, and even if you are an Audio-Aficionado, the earlier 2006 models support Super Audio-CD Format and DSD, and if you are into retro gaming it supports PlayStation and PlayStation2 Playback as well, the PS2 Playback was later removed in the preceeding models, although you can use it via Software Emulation on the models that doesn't have any form of PlayStation2 Hardware, PS1 its supported all across models,not to mention a PS3 you can find at bargain prices, so think well this through, if a PlayStation4 on 5.05 its really worth it.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Kier_1234657 and DoublesAdvocate like this.
  3. 3
    Charliewag78

Charliewag78 Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply. To be honest I'm looking at using the PS4 as a games machine first followed by a iptv receiver for the likes of sky etc.