PS2 OPL - HUGE advancements!

Discussion in 'Open PS2 Loader (OPL)' started by TnA, Jul 19, 2018.

1. 1,388
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

I just compiled it (sorry had a lot to do). It does not do anything for me, if I press L3?!

The sound mod works, but has various issues...
    For example: It ever gets called, when the button is pressed, instead of when a new icon is marked (thus it even clicks when no items/entries/games/apps are shown). ;)
    I think it would be better to call it from the same function, which defines that the next item has been 'marked'.

Krah likes this.
  2. 272
    Tupakaveli

Tupakaveli VIP PSX-Place Supporter

I used it earlier and L3 for info page was working fine?

3. 1,388
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Hm... I will update my stuff and then recompile it.

Does it only open the info-page, if an info-file is present for the game/app?

I only tried it with 1 game over SMB/LAN... (and had no Info-file)

Is the button supposed to be shown in the GUI (I guess not yet.)?

Changing the related function/option in the settings, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Would you mind attaching your build, if mine still doesn't work after updating the PS2SDK and gskit (+ re-cloning your repo/fork)?

Edit: Updated... Recompiled... ELF is 3KB bigger and still nothing... (I press the left Stick and no Info-Menu appears...) :-/

...and why is the Digi-pad on top so big? ^^

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  4. 215
    Krah

Krah Developer

L3 icon and transition will only show up/work if info screen is enabled and there is a game cfg, Ifcaro repo doesn't work for apps ATM. Intention was to include default info page and have info page always in use regardless of settings or theme and mapped to a different button than confirm.
    I got distracted by sound and haven't bothered looking at it since.

As for gfx they are 64x64 which looks good in hires but stupid in SD as you see it's too big, could downscale in source or just change gfx to 32x32.

5. 1,388
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

So, since the Fade-transition got merged, I ought to ask...
    Does someone have a video, where it shows an intersection or street at night, where a (maybe cloudy) sky can be seen?

I need one clean picture and some fast-motion frames (7-8?).

I would try to combine the previous ideas into one.

• The Loading-Animation would be the fast-motion-frames of cars driving along.
    • The sky shouldn't be too much transparent, but affected by the plasma.
    • Not sure if rain would still be possible, because the plasma-color would need to be brighter. I think that's possible via dots/short lines which are much more transparent than the clouds and therefore using some more contrasting plasma-colors than i.e. dark blue and black-Grey..
    Anyway... If rain is not possible, plasma-clouds and the blurred cars driving along still should be.

I am bumping this thread, due to the newest merge to OPL! ;)

6. 1,388
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

The UHD-Theme-Tests might be interesting again, since @Tupakaveli and @Krah implemented 4&8Bit-Support for PNGs! I am not entirely sure, but AFAIR they were 8Bit-PNG, but the setup within the VRAM was still handled as if it were a 32Bit-PNG (including reserved space) and I think the transfer from the EE to the GS's VRAM was also affected, so IT MIGHT NOT EVEN FLICKER ANYMORE!!!

IF it doesn't flicker anymore that means that we can use create themes with FullHD without problems + we would not need to calculate at 4MB VRAM, but could use the speed of the channel (GIF, AFAIR) to use kinda "virtual" 5MB... That technically uses WAAAAY more recources on the channel/GIF for the transfers, but technically it would be possible (then) and if it works, we could even use:

• 1920x1080 Background consisting of 6 960x360 "tiles"
    • A game-BG at 1024x1024
    • HiRes-Buttons
    • ...and so on...

I go and download the newest OPL-build and redownload my own test-files and try it! ^^