I noticed that last month PS2 developer danielb updated OPL Manager to v18, This PC Utility is a great tool for maximizing your Game Library for OPL (Open Ps2 Loader). Various features will allow you to manage things such as fixing / changing ISO file names, Downloading Game Covers, Disc Covers & ScreenShots (in batch or individual), Edit Cheat files and various other functions In v18 the dev has done alot since the previous update of v17, OPL Simulator is a new feature that is now accessible in the "Tools Menu" and its purpose is to emulate OPL on the PC, Splines of game covers now have support alot of other additions and improvements can be seen listed in the v18 Release Notes
OPL Manager w/ CFG Editor: v18
What's new in v18:
- Fixed file in use when using new iso file name format.
- Art Reports now are required to have a explanation.
- Fixed multiple issues when using screen scaling.
- Fixed a bug in ART Manager, where the art returned by the server didn't match the current selected game.
- Added a feature that tries to emulate OPL on PC.
- Requires compatible themes. One theme by Jay-Jay included.
- OPL Themes can be ported easily. Uses XML for theme CFG.
- Added support to recognize POPS elf in POPS folder.
- Added support to edit CFG for POPS games.
- Added tool to install any elf to the APPS folder.
- Added support to drag cover & disc images out of OPLM.
- Added support to change between old/new iso naming format.
- Added support for game cover spine (LAB).
- Added character limit in multiple input boxes in CFG Editor.
- Added game title (from OPLM DB) to ART report window.
- Increased Game CFG version to 4.
- Added Modes setting to CFG Editor and CFG Update.
- Added Sports Genre to CFG Editor.
- Added some Cheat Devices to CFG Editor.
- Added feature to remember the main window splitter position.
- Added link to facebook and official website.
v17 - 2015-11-07
- Added support for iso files with only game name
- Fixed incorrect game size order
- Changed system to cache hdl games
- Fixed failing to create VMC
- Updated Translations
- +Added support for locally connected PS2 HDD
- +Added support to export game list to CSV file.
- +Added a button to get game name from DB on bad iso's tab
- +Added a ART Report function
- +Added DMA Mode to CFG Editor
- +Added GSM settings to CFG Editor
- +Added Color background behind the Disc image
- +Added more game Genres to CFG Editor
- +Added more V-Mode options to CFG Editor
- *Fixed Batch download failing with MANY games >500
- *Fixed Batch download always downloading the backgrounds
- *Fixed Batch download not remembering settings.
- *Fixed Batch share start button not enabling.
- *Fixed titles with >32 characters not getting detected as bad
- *Fixed crash if the ISO file was invalid/corrupt
- *Changed CFG Editor Region to V-Mode
- *Joined USB and Normal mode
- *Fixed ELPSA rating
- *Fixed infinite loop if wrong OPL folder selected
- *Fixed sorting reseting when closing any of the sub window
- *Fixed re-focus game list after closing a sub window
- *Changed from 7Zip to .NET DiscUtils to get gameID from the ISO
- *Fixed wrong title for "Share ART" screen
- *Changed Batch Art Download to download all type of ART
- *Fixed again, getting the games with HDL Dump
- *New server communication protocol
- +New FTP file sync to PS2
- +Tool to create ISOs from CD/DVD and other image files
- +New Game ART Manager! Old one kept just in case.
- +Support for USB Extreme/Advance (ul.cfg) games!
- *Fixed crash when renaming a game in bad iso tab...
- *Fixed network mode not deleting games
- *Fixed game listing performance with many games
- Added Italian and Russian translations
- *Fixed crash when using some functions without any games
- *Fixed some confusion with some ratings systems
- *Cleaned a lot of unused code
- *Fixed a lot of bad programming
- *Fixed checking invalid ART size before upload
- +Added ELSPA rating
- +Added support to manage games with hdl server and ftp (WIP)
- +Added Chinese and French translations
- +Now multilanguage
- +New Language: Portuguese (pt)
- +New Language: Spanish (es)
- +Cheat Editor
- *Added new genres to CFG Editor
- *Fix error when game title had invalid characters
- *Rearranged CFG Editor GUI
- +Anonymous app usage data. (can opt-out)
- +ART and SCR count on status bar.
- *Option to disable auto update check on startup
- *Fixed CFG Editor players text size
- *Fixed file-browser default file name
- *Quick fix for v10 not saving the folder.
- *Fixed Screenshot browser crash
- +Game Hasher MD5
- *Fixed VMC wrong filename (.bin.bin)
- +Auto update checker
- +Game List Order
- *Batch screenshot recode for better efficiency
- *Fixed crashes ps2linux is offline
- *Removed lost button in cfg upgrade window
- *Fixed asking to create vmc when it already exists
- *Fixed having to wait a moment between screenshot upload, otherwise a error would show up
- +Added batch screenshot sharing!
- +CFG Editor!!
- +VMC creator (inside cfg editor)
- +Support for screenshots!
- +Filter game list
- +Ability to double click a game and launch some app
- +Added a handy button to open the OPL folder in windows explorer!
- +Added support for my own art database (@ ps2linux.no-ip.info)
- +Batch Cover and Disc downloading!
- +Cleaner for ART folder!
- +Now checks if theres ART CD DVD folders on startup!
- +Cover and disk icon downloading!
- +Now checks if ALL iso's file extension is .iso lowercase
- +ISO renaming!
- +Now detects bad named iso's on startup!
- *Fixed crash selecting OPL folder in XP
- *Fixed File=>Exit button not working
- *Fixed Settings=>Set OPL folder not working
- +Added global stats
- +Added "Type" column to game list
IMPORTANT NOTES (PLEASE READ!)
For those that used older CFG files for 2nd Info Page:
- The CFG files need to be upgraded to a new version, please backup all of your original CFG before starting upgrading.
- You can upgrade them all by going to "Batch Actions > Upgrade old CFGs".
- Make sure to use compatible themes, NEW Themes released since December 30, 2016 are compatible for OPL Manager v18 features.
- check out the OPL ART guide found here: Click Here
Download via: http://oplmanager.no-ip.info
PS2 OPL Manager v18: New OPL Simulator, Game Cover Spine (LAB) Support & Alot from danielb
By STLcardsWS on Feb 17, 2017 at 10:03 PM
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
[Update x2] RetroArch (PS2) Preview (includes 2 cores) - Introducing New Nigthly PS2 ReleasesUpdate (2x): Reports are coming in this PS2 Homebrew is also working on PS3 HAN & PS4 (5.05).
With progress making headway on the upcoming PS4 port of RetroArch from a group of developer's, Another developer (fjtrujy) started progress on a PlayStation 2 (PS2) port several months back (view previous progress) and now has a port that progressed enough for a public soft release, Now available in the new RetroArch PS2 Nighties for anyone interested in downloading and trying out the multi-system emulator on your homebrew capable PS2 hardware. @fjtrujy warns that many things need implemented yet and many pending issue remain and only these early release contains two cores currently 2048 and QuickNES. Which is likely to grow and a good gauge to base what is expected for the PS2 port, Would be to view the PSP as that should be a good baseline of what to expect and the PS2 may be able to handy more then the PSP likely.Continue reading
2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.
But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Pedro Gabriel
Beats Of Rage OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett