PS3 Options... What PS3 to add to the Collection....?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Cypher_CG89, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 2,847
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    So I have an opertunity to buy 1 of 3 PS3 Phat Models ( If I could buy all 3 at once I would lol ).

And this is a rare sight that these PS3's are... they are all more or less brand new, come with everything that was in the box DS3 Controllers etc.... and they are Boxed with the boixes in good condition, warrenty sticker intact etc.

And they are.... ( all Jap Models )

CECHA00 60GB - Boxed

CECHB00 20GB - Boxed

CECHH00 MGS4 HAGANE Limited Edition 40GB - Boxed (@Naked_Snake1995 would love to have this one)

The only thing is which one to go for..... to me its like this both the CECHA and B are Full HW BC PS3 but the CECHB00 lacks WiFi, MC Reader but looks better without the chrome trim and being all black...... BUT... as people will know I am a MASSIVE MGS Fan and would love the HAGANE PS3, it looks good too but is not PS2 BC and I would like to get back a BC PS3.....

Can you see why am confused.com... what would you go for and why...?

2. 7,267
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

IMO it has to be the CECHA because it's the proper original and because has the most features. Cosmetic stuff can't make up for missing hardware so for me that rules the other 2 out.

It would be harder to choose between the CECHB and CECHH..

3. 278
    Casavult

Casavult Member

I'd have to agree with Devil. I'm a big MGS fan so I see where you are coming from but I'd still go for the CECHA.

4. 87
    DoublesAdvocate

DoublesAdvocate Member

I've seen broken hanage ones that I'm betting would probably be cheaper than that one in box (if you just want it as a shelf ornament), I'd say CECHA.

5. 1,790
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Tough choice here lad....

Although the CECHG00 Hanage METAL GEAR SOLID 4 Limited Edition, looks gorgeous, can't deny its only for collection purposes, more to use it as a display item for Showcase, that Gun Grey Metal its outstanding.

Now regarding the CECHA00 and CECHB00, personally i would go with the B00 just because of the plain matte black finish, at night its a gorgeous machine to look at, ive done something similar with one of my C04s, painted the Chrome Trim, in Matte Black, even though the B00 its a Gloss Finish, but hoo boy, gorgeous system to look at, gives it a total different meaning.

I wouldn't go with the A00 only because of the rarity and uniqueness of the B00, besides as we have the C03/04s with the same look as the A00s, we don't need to worry about it, you can live without WIFI on a PS3 on this day and age.

Now its all in your hands lad, for looks i would go to the G00 Hanage MGS4, for functionality I would go to the B00.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

ElGris likes this.
  6. 21
    Ryccardo

Ryccardo Forum Noob

For looks (as well as having an unique in its own way model) my favorite would be the CECH-B, from a pragmatical point of view I wouldn't value "full" PS2 hardware highly (I have a C but from what I've read even A/B have inferior compatibility compared to a real PS2 and of course they use 3x the power) but the first NOR models have the infamous random corruptions...

Without having seen your H model, I would go for that if the limited edition is an actual printed design (instead of just being a solid color) :)

7. 34
    ElGris

ElGris Member

That fatty with the black thong, uhm uhm uhhmmm, if you know what I mean ;)

LOL. But seriously, that 20Gb looks badass, every PS console looks badass on full black. I'd like to obtain a red super slim in my case (I like this model in particular because is the most safer for use). I would highly recommend you to test it well before buying it, and obviously make the pertinent mainteince after. I'm a fan of MGS too, but I don't like too much that edition.

Good luck with your purchase.

8. 1,415
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

No question it would be the a00. Nothing else needs to be said and if you have never owned one well then.....

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 3,244
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

CECHA00 period.

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 5,904
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    The A00 is ugly AF with the chrome. The murdered out look of the B00 is just the best looking console ever. Aside from the stupid card reader and the Wifi module they are the same. You can add the wifi module I did it to mine and honestly don't use it as it's piss poor slow.

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/my-cechb-01-teensy-stealth.9534/

DeViL303 likes this.
  11. 2,847
    Cypher_CG89

All good advise, thanks guys.

Now just need to see if I can haggle the price down a bit and see if I can get the HAGANE and CECHB00.

The HAGANE because I have found a brand new one, litterally is in the box and the box seal is intact that sold for £1,400, so a nearly brand new in as good a condition as the one I have found would be worth something> this is purely from a collectors stand point as this is why I wanted it in the first place, not to be used.

And the B00 because I am not bothered about the memory card reader or WiFi, LAN is good enough for me as it won't ever be going online, I mainly wanted a BC PS3 for all my PS2 games as, so that would be the only time it would be used really. And I agree with @atreyu187 and @Naked_Snake1995 that the CECHB00 looks alot better that the A00, I really cannot stand the chrome trim. I might get an A00 in the future to add to the collection for collection reasons and not being something that gets used.

Now I also have my eye on a DECR1000 and 1400.

That will cost a bit, I have seen these go for about £180 Boxed used, and £250 brand new. Your best bet is to look at getting them from japan like I have. Some of the consoles are in way better condition and are worth the money if you can get the price down a bit, especially if were you live has high import taxes or shipping costs etc.

12. 1,790
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Since when did you start collecting them PS3s lad?

Already having an afair with the DECRs, you madlad, it seems thoes pockets are deep mate

Hope you made the right decision, i would be disappointed if it isn't the B00

13. 2,847
    Cypher_CG89

Been collecting consoles in general for ages mate, already have 4 PS3's 2x CECH2003A, 1x CECH4003A, 1x DECH4000.

Non of your Bee's Wax how deep my pockets are mate ... they are not as deep as they used to be after being off work for over a year with a [email protected] back sick pay is sh!t lol, I really thought they would of layed me off by now considering how long I have been off lol .... but condisering I was on £12.50 (Standard time) - £15.50 (Overtime) an hour and working 60 -70 hour weeks.

Working bank holiday's , Sundays and though the yearly 2 week shut down, doing extra things for the restart etc is double time so is £25 - £31 per hour, plus 2 weeks off with full pay a year ... you do the math.....o_O :-p

And that's just being a Forlift Operator in the Automative industry.... I worked my arse (Back, small pun to my back injury) off to get where I am.

I would like to get the price down by about £20 - £30 each on the B00 and the HAGANE and I will get both.... at the min it works out at £350 ish for both PS3's

14. 36
    gMemo92

gMemo92 Forum Noob

I have one of those black outed PS3s except it isn't a B00. It's a B01 and it has 4 usb ports. I think it is back wards compatible. Haven't delided yet. But it does boot up.

The other 3 are A01. I think i like the A01s better imo. I don't know. Something about the gloss and chrome look. You get some bright lights and there some good reflections. Looks pretty

15. 87
    DoublesAdvocate

DoublesAdvocate Member

B00 and 01 are physically and electrically identical, only difference is the internal region code. It is backwards compatible and has essentially the same mobo as the CECHA01.

16. 1,790
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Same COK-001 across the A and B Model, the only catch is the B Model COK-001 removes the Card Reader Connector, the soldering trace is still present and Syscon is missing the WIFI Module, easily bypassed with tweaking the system, numeral 00 and 01 are only region differences,no internal changes present.

E01s are a different story, as everyone knows....

DoublesAdvocate likes this.