OtherOS++ on OFW 3.55?

Discussion in 'Other OS (Linux)' started by TheMadPolarBear, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 31
    TheMadPolarBear

TheMadPolarBear Forum Noob

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to try and dump my EID2 + EID4, which the devwiki documents and says can be done with OtherOS++. Most of the guides are outdated or the links appear to be dead so I'm at a loss where to start.

I am currently on OFW 3.55. I'm looking to install Red Ribbon Linux and to my knowledge, I need to get OtherOS++ CFW installed to allow me to do the above.

Does anyone have a modern guide on how to do this, as well as, and I apologise if this isn't allowed (please remove if it isn't), links to OtherOS++? I'm aware you can do this as well on REBUG 4.84.2 but I'm looking to go the OFW 3.55 route.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. 9
    linuxKernelLife

linuxKernelLife Forum Noob

Once you have a CFW and QA flags, I 'think' you can downgrade all the way to OFW 3.55, and install normally. I do not know that for sure. Can you report back if it works for you? I was thinking about trying to do that to get the old drive partitioning tool.

3. 31
    TheMadPolarBear

It was a bit cumbersome but I was able to get to petitboot on Rebug 4.81.(something). I had a slight issue with the HDD partitions so I did not proceed further as I wanted to find a solution from a member here before messing with anything.

If you're looking to try it, you should be ok to follow a guide here on Rebug 4.81.(something) though I got stuck with the HDD partitions apparently not being set up correctly.

4. 9
    linuxKernelLife

linuxKernelLife Forum Noob

Oh, I have it setup the 4.81 way. I was thinking about trying to go back and get the original sony partition tool. What issues did you have setting the partitions with 4.81? Are you following DazzaXx's guide?

5. 31
    TheMadPolarBear

Yeah I was trying to do it DazzaXx's way. Basically it got to the part where you have a GUI and it should install Linux but it says there's a partition issue. I haven't tried messing with it for a month so I can't remember the wording exactly. I'm not sure why it was saying there was a partition issue but at that point I thought it best to stop until I had some answers.

As for the 3.55, I didn't have any issues downgrading to it but MOST of the tools regarding the 3.55 OtherOS++ method I could not find, most links were unfortunately dead but the community here has been very helpful providing tools that I was unable to locate.