Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PC to PS3 FTP file transfer doesn't work, please help! Fat PS3 mmCM 4.82 with Cobra 7.55

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Miki248, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 3
    Miki248

Miki248 Forum Noob

Hi guys.

I have a really serious problem. I finally grabbed some time to make backups of my private PS2 games collection.
    I was able to play them on my USB flash drive.
    However, FAT32 doesn't allow file size over 4 gigs so I wanted to try the FTP file transfer with my laptop.
    However, no matter what FTP clients I try for some reason I cannot connect it with my PS3. I checked and tried almost all possible tutorials on the net and still nothing.

For example, if I try with FileZilla there is a flashing FTP icon on the mmCM screen on the top right, which means that it recognizes the FTP connection. But when I enter my console IP address on the client and try to connect only this appears:

"Connection established, waiting for welcome message..."
    "Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS."
    "Server does not support non-ASCII characters."
    "Logged in"
    "Retrieving directory listing..."
    "Command: PWD"
    "Response: 257 "/" is the current directory"
    "Command: TYPE I"
    "Response: 200 TYPE command successful"
    "Command: PORT 169,254,151,37,248,236"
    "Response: 451 Data Connection failed"
    "Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing"
    "Status: Sending keep-alive command"

And then the sending keep-alive command shows up on the client numerous times but nothing happens.

Also, I don't know why but now my console doesn't want to recognize any USB flash memory now and I cannot play it that way as well.

How can I fix this problem? Thank you.

2. 1,381
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Try temporarily turning off your firewall on your computer, if this works, turn it back on and allow port 21, and i don't remember the passive ports for FTP off hand, but easy google search. :)
    Just looking, it may be listing that you need to open ports 169,254,etc...so if turning off firewall works, then opening those ports and turning firewall back on would be fine.

Beyond that, it gets complicated narrowing down the issue and isolating. Software conflicts can be possible. I've seen routers the issue. I've seen simple things like disabled UDP cause issues. Also check for a setting in filezilla that disables FTP over TLS, that might be the cause.. 99% of the time I had my head scratching over a connection issue, it was either a missed setting, or the firewall was being a pain in my butt. Hope that helps :)

As far as the USB ports, it could be the ports have died (worst case). My flash drive has a light on it that lights up when connected, so I know the connection to power is fine. yours isn't reading, but mine pulses when its being read or written to, so i know the data lines are ok. Usually I check with a fat32 formatted flash drive with a "system update" on it to see if it will read that data first, or put photos on there to see if ps3 recognizes it to isolate system software vs web/multi/iris/s-man/managunz.
    If it doesn't light up, i'd think hardware electrical first (to eliminate an unplugged cable or short or something) and open the console and visually inspect. Kind of like the "which one of these doesn't look like the others..." situation. If everything seems fine, i'd have to pull out my multimeter and find someone like sandugas with all that information to point you to the values you need to see if its a resister or cap, etc. Also of note, there are utilties online to format in fat32, because i remember an issue with windows formatting them fat32 with recent editions...

Miki248 and Algol like this.
  3. 3
    Miki248

Miki248 Forum Noob

Wow, thank you for the detailed answer!
    For some reason, I got it to work on my other console (flat model) with mmCM 3.55 and CuteFTP. Transfer speed is very slow though...

As for the USB, it is very strange. NTFS USB HDDs with PS3 backups are working just fine. I tried my USB flash drives on both FAT32 and NTFS but PS3 stopped detecting them even though the lights are flickering when plugged in. I even bought a new USB memory today but still nothing..

4. 1,381
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

If it was formatted wtih GPT instead of MBR it would have this issue. GPT is the newer standard. That might have been the issue that I was talking about that we use. I know cluster size was 32k also. Please remember formatting a flash drive is a destructive process to any information stored on it, so if you have anything important, please copy to desktop.

Some people also have issues with where things need to be located:
    updates in X:/PS3/UPDATE/
    packages on root of drive (X:/)
    Folder Games in X:/PS3/GAMES (there are other locations too)

Since they worked before, that last one may not be the issue, but just covering bases.

5. 3
    Miki248

Miki248 Forum Noob

I have checked with MiniTool Partition Wizard free. I've set it to FAT32, MBR and 32K as you said but nothing...
    I even tried few combinations, by putting the iso file in the root of USB, or PS2/GAMES folder and PS2ISO folder but no results, it doesn't registrate it at all even though the lights indicate that its been recognized by the console.