Everyone likes a bit of emulation to relive those classic's, and thanks to developer rsn8887 we have some new additions to PFBA for PS Vita in this modded release of Cpasjuste's original (PFAB-Vita) . The FBA (FinalBurnAlpha) emulates classic arcade systems like NEO GEO, Capcom CPS (1,2,3) just to name a few of the many classic arcade systems emulated, but in recent years fba developer have added support to emulate now only arcades but also classic consoles as well. Some of those system's consist of PC Engine (TurboGrafX) & Genesis (MegaDrive) to name a few ((note rsn8887 has fixed support for these consoles in this update). Developer Cpasjuste already had a great port but rsn8887 has made some great additions as well. View all the changes & details about this modded version below along with the details from the original release.
PFBA Vita_mod: Modded version of Portable Final Burn Alpha for the Vita
Quick release with additions/changes to Cpasjuste's awesome PFBA emulator for Vita.
NOTE: This version appears as a new bubble even when updating. I am not quite sure why. But it is safe to delete the old bubble.
Big thanks to Cpasjuste for a great codebase. This release page might be ahead or behind Cpasjuste's repository depending when pull requests are merged etc.
Changelog of this modded version
- PFBA: attempt to reduce input lag
- PFBA: match uppercase rom filenames, useful for FAT filesystems
- PFBA: fix console rom loading (Thanks @SoftechSoftware)
- PFBA: fix PC Engine emulation (Thanks @SoftechSoftware)
- PFBA: fix MegaDrive/Genesis emulation (Thanks @SoftechSoftware)
- based on latest git repository code from @Cpasjuste, including update to FBA version 0.2.97.42
Previous Updates (v1.14 - 1.0)
Contents below from Original readme.md:
PFBA: Portable Final Burn Alpha
The main goals of this final burn alpha port are/were :
- have a basic but user friendly user interface on non windows devices
- use a recent rendering interface for speed and effects support
- cross-platform and code portability
- easy updates of fba core (no modifications to the original sources)
- use arm asm m68k (cyclone) core on arm devices
- data is located at "ux0:/data/pfba"
- default rom path is "ux0:/data/pfba/roms/"
- rom path can be changed in "ux0:/data/pfba/pfba.cfg"
- preview images can be put in "ux0:/data/pfba/previews/rom-name.png"
- in the ui: START = gui options + default rom configuration
- in the ui: SELECT = selected rom configuration
- in game: SELECT+START = menu
- in game: SELECT+L = saves states
- in game: SELECT+SQUARE = service switch
- in game: SELECT+TRIANGLE = 1P+2P switch
- in game: SELECT+LEFT/RIGHT = change shader
- in game: SELECT+UP/DOWN = change scaling
- Xavier for the support (http://www.consolex-bordeaux.fr/)
- ScHlAuChi for all the advices and testing
- fba/mame authors (http://www.fbalpha.com/, http://mamedev.org/)
- xerpi for vita2d (https://github.com/xerpi/libvita2d)
- frangarcj for vita2d shader support (https://github.com/frangarcj/vita2dlib)
- people behind the vitasdk (https://github.com/vitasdk)
Download & Source Code @: github.com/rsn8887
PS VITA / PS TV PFBA v1.15 (MOD Version) by rsn8887
By STLcardsWS on Jan 22, 2018 at 9:20 PM
[Released - PS3 StoreHaxx 4.83] A PSID / IDPS Dumping Method for 4.83 by PS3Xploit TeamUPDATE - PS3 StoreHaxx now been released (See included link)
PlayStation Store App with ALL functionality removed! It has been modified to only display the Unique Console ID (IDPS & PSID) and nothing else.
Coming Soon (original Article): As the PS3Xploit team continues the journey in an effort to bring PS3Xploit Tools and Hacks from 4.82 firmware to 4.83, a mission that is in development currently from @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w. During the research the team has stumbled upon a trick they decided to share very soon with everyone that entails the dumping of IDPS / PSID on 4.83 and lower and also is compatible with both Official Firmware & Custom Firmware along with any model PS3 Console. There is no exploit within this "release", this is only a funny poc to show that the Store app has untapped potential BUT this release DOES NOT bring us any closer to CFW installations from OFW 4.83 or the ability to use etHANol (aka HAN) hacks whatsoever. The team is currently still working on those other tasks and while there has been progress in their research for 4.83, it's a long journey and there are No Guarantees or Estimated Time of Arrivals.Continue reading
[10x Update Jan. 20] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe10x UPDATE (January 20) - Now the 10th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
ref00d (plugin) Released - Run Games / Apps that require a higher FW from your ownFollowing the big news from Team Molecule several weeks ago and effectively opening the system wide open, it was only a matter of time before we would start to see other developer's start putting the finding to use and we have seen the FAPS Team (team members listed below) have recently released a new (taiHEN) plugin called ref00d, this plugin is a big deal, as it will allows users/devs to use content that would otherwise require a higher firmware to be played/executed on a lower firmware for your exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. Typically not an easy task to reach but thanks to Team Molecule's research and the FAPS Team we now have a ready to use simple plugin solution to remove those firmware restrictions, see additional details about this plugin release in the release notes provided below by the development team.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett