Phalaris Suite

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by Berion, Feb 19, 2017.

1. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

What is this?
    Phalaris Suite is bunch of themes, icons etc. for several PlayStation Vita apps.
    Goal of this project is making as much as possible consistent environment.

License
    All graphics are my intellectual property, so please, don't use it in your projects without permission.
    Exception from this rule are of course fonts (Roboto) and two wallpapers from which I made Phalaris Nebula background (authors unknown). Also I have used services icons from published promotional materials.

Installation
    Be careful and don't mislead "ux0:/" with "ur0:/" and "exampledir/" is not the same as "exampledir". ;)

1. Copy "/VitaShell/Phalaris Shell" to "ux0:/VitaShell/theme/".
    2. Change theme param in "ux0:/VitaShell/theme/theme.txt": from THEME_NAME = "DEFAULT" to THEME_NAME = "Phalaris Shell".
    3. Copy "/LiveArea/Phalaris Nebula" to "ux0:/customthemes/".
    4. Write chosen theme to Vita database using i.e Custom Theme Manager.
    5. Go to Settings app and choose Nebula Phalaris from the list.
    6. Make backup of "ur0:/appmeta" folder.
    7. Copy "/LiveArea/appmeta/" to "ur0:/appmeta/".
    8. Restart console to take effect.

Special Thanks
    • For Szczuru which takes screenshots from Vita (I have only PSTV) and some tests.
    • For all hackers who worked hard restoring user control over bought device!

Thank you for your attention and enjoy. ^^
    >> Download <<

preview Live Area (system apps).jpg preview Live Area (homebrew).jpg preview (MLCL00001).jpg preview (VITASHELL).jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview1.jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview2.jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview3.jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview4.jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview6.jpg phalaris_vitashell_preview7.jpg

STLcardsWS, T.A.U, DeViL303 and 5 others like this.
  2. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

that's a nice theme, my friend. I'll probably install it on my pstv. my vita is still using the metal slime dragon quest theme (w/ custom backgrounds). the theme on my pstv is just a blue theme with no custom backgrounds.

Berion likes this.
  3. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

I cannot edited first post, so I bump a thread. ;]

Phalaris Suite R2:
    • Added alternative theme.txt for Nebula (with no semi-transparent background and always wave no.16).
    • Added appmeta for RetroArch, Vitaident and few fixes in other graphics.
    preview_MLCL00002.jpg preview_RETR00010.jpg preview_VID000162.jpg

Joel16 likes this.
  4. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

okay, I installed r2 as well as the vita shell theme and the appmeta:

[​IMG]

a couple things - when I turned off the pstv, then turned it back on, there was no music unless I switched to the default theme back to ur theme. also, something is up with background (I think) 2. I had to switch all pages to background 1, because there was an ugly, mustard-colored hue to background 2. it through off the entire theme. otherwise, good work.

Berion likes this.
  5. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

PlayStation Vita support background only in 8bit but it can be semi-transparent. When theme is setup, waves in background are still active. When user switching between screens in Live Area, waves start moving only when they are different. So I used this effect to add some dynamic feel to the theme (the same was in Rebugification). :)

However, Sony choose strange colours so only greens are no.16 and 25. Number 16 is sea-green and 25 is grass green. The second one is a little contrast comparing to first, so I'm not very happy of this choice - but also I have no choice at all.

And there is more. Light rays for bubbles objects are the same as dominate colour in wave scheme. So maybe all those effect making You feel it's ugly mustard coloured hue. ^^ But if You don't like it, You can setup theme.xml to use always wavetype no.16 and non-transparent background (You don't need install it again, just make changes and choose different theme in Settings app, and again back to Phalaris - then the console will read theme.xml again):

current:
    Code:
      <BackgroundParam>
      <m_imageFilePath>background_2.png</m_imageFilePath>
      <m_thumbnailFilePath>background_2.png</m_thumbnailFilePath>
      <m_waveType>25</m_waveType>
      <m_fontColor>ffd7fff1</m_fontColor>
      <m_fontShadow>1</m_fontShadow>
      </BackgroundParam>

alternative:
    Code:
      <BackgroundParam>
      <m_imageFilePath>background.png</m_imageFilePath>
      <m_thumbnailFilePath>background.png</m_thumbnailFilePath>
      <m_waveType>16</m_waveType>
      <m_fontColor>ffd7fff1</m_fontColor>
      <m_fontShadow>1</m_fontShadow>
      </BackgroundParam>

And multiplicate this changes across all 10 entries (imageFilePath and waveType). In next version I will attach "theme_alt.xml" to make life easier for those peoples who don't like "dynamic" themes. And don't worry, of course no offence taken. I'm glad that You checked this theme. ^^

About background music: theme seeking "audio.at9" which non exist. It's strange that was given from cached previous theme. So in next version if I don't find anything which good enough fit to Phalaris, I will just remove this line (BTW: I hate discovering bugs in firmware, ;] Vita shouldn't read any audio file if cannot find the one provided in script). I completely forgot about this issue as I always turn off the console instead of put her into sleep (PSTV).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    pinky likes this.
  6. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

@Berion , I managed to correct both issues. I had examined a theme xml before, but not in detail. this time, I noticed how each page was outlined for the wave, and I saw that u had background 2 with wave type 25. I hadn't noticed, though, that u had an alternate theme.xml 'til I took a look at ur theme xml. the alternate version didn't have that change in it, so I went ahead and used that. I also changed the music portion to:

Code:
    <!--<m_bgmFilePath>systemusic.at9</m_bgmFilePath>-->
    I then restarted the system. the music played as it was supposed to, and the backgrounds didn't contain that weird, mustard-colored hue. lol actually, the music, possibly the backgrounds as well, worked without me having to change the theme back to default, then to ur theme again, but I did that anyway. now, everything is perfect. great job! I think I'm going to keep this theme on my pstv. ;)

Berion likes this.
  7. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

Thanks. :)

BTW: Mustard colour is in my nomenclature: yellow. There is definitely no yellow colour in bubble luminance on waveType no.25. So maybe You have not properly set colours on Your TV? LCD are horrible technology, and in most cases bought TV needs calibration, turning off some "features" etc. Just FYI. ;p

8. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yw. I think it's the glare from the wave causing the off-color. here's what the wave looks like on my tv:

[​IMG]

I believe the glare is shinning through the light colors in the center and at the bottom right of the background causing a weird effect. it's no big deal really. the backgrounds r now opaque.

btw, y rn't u a dev? u definitely know what ur way around the vita and the ps2. ;)

9. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

btw, @Berion , u made a mistake in the instructions which I'm sure most would figure out anyway. it's "customtheme," not "customthemes." I saw that mistake on hackinformer as well. it won't make a difference with the theme manager, by red squirrel, that u use on the pc since u can select the theme location for ur app.db, but it makes a difference with custom theme manager on the vita...unless there's a way to change the scanning location. ;)

10. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

You have right. I'm always trying everything perfect but always there's something which at the end I not noticing. :|
    Thanks. I will correct this in next release (currently I'm working on big set for ThemeEx, Rebugification for PS3 and still waiting for me final AIO PS2).

No, there is not. Unfortunately.

PSV is for me still a new blood but PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox and NES are my second name. ;)

11. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

:) I wasn't sure if I was missing something or not 'cause I had never used that custom theme app. I had always added themes with the windows app by red squirrel. however, I used ur suggestion when applying ur theme.

I've become interested in the wii u as of late, but I do like to keep on top of things with the vita if I can.

12. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

I have updated to v1.20 both: Phalaris Nebula and Rebugification theme:
    http://psv.altervista.org/index.php?s=Berion (download currently in waiting room)

Changes:
    - fixed all errors reported by Custom Theme Validator (101 tests passed)
    - removed all unnecessary files
    - moved readme to commented section inside theme.xml
    - added the same audio bg to Phalaris Nebula as was in Rebugification
    - removed alternate background and theme colour from Phalaris Nebula (@pinky "Yours mustard aura" ;p)
    - all icons not supported by official theming system will return in near future as "Extended Theme".

STLcardsWS and pinky like this.
  13. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I'll update the theme once I do adrenaline on my pstv. I didn't realize this until today, but the custom font and graphics I used for ark and vhbl were lost when the system rebuilt the database (sd2vita got dislodged somehow), so I used the old app.db (considering the new one had adrenaline in it), and created a csv of the three frames for each ark and vhbl along with injecting the appmeta livearea folders. everything is back in business on my vita now. :)

14. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

alright, I just installed adrenaline v6 along with ur theme. the new music sounds "stellar." :-p

15. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

Phalaris Atavus, a theme for PSP/Adrenaline. Sorry for the low quality screenshots but I have only PSTV.
    Code:
    for PSP: "ms0:/PSP/THEME/*.ptf"
    for PSV: "ux0:/pspemu/PSP/THEME/*.ptf" (or uma0 or whatever mnt point is setting up in Adrenaline options)

phalaris_atavus_1.png phalaris_atavus_2.png

Attached Files:

pinky likes this.
  16. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

installed on adrenaline on my pstv. working great! I found a THEMES folder in pspemu that belonged to an old vita livearea theme back when we couldn't get out of the pspemu section of the vita. I deleted it. :)

17. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

Press longer PS Button, then Settings in Adrenaline bubble, and then exit PSPEmu. ;p

18. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

u can quickly exit by tapping the ps button twice. that's what I usually do.

kozarovv likes this.
  19. 2,444
    Berion

Berion Developer

lol I didn't know about it.

kozarovv likes this.
  20. 12,391
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

yeah, it's been a part of adrenaline since like version 3 or 4. I wasn't sure y u mentioned how to exit adrenaline though, so I posted that. I think something was lost in translation. lol I deleted a folder I had named THEMES since my themes r now done by custom theme manager is what I meant to say. I have ur adrenaline theme installed on my pstv on top of the livearea theme. I'm loving the music played on the livearea. it does sound outer spacey. :-p