Pinky's PS Vita Tutorials

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by pinky, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 11,920
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

although not much of a trick, I learned that you can use psp content manager 1.8 on the vita to sort psp content such as alphabetizing games and even saves. you just have to plug the micro sd or usb stick into your computer, open up the manager, and open a directory (pspemu). it can only scan listings that have a similar structure to the psp, so just scanning the ISO or savedata folders doesn't work. also, the device cannot be plugged into the computer while psp content manager is open or it will not save the sorting you chose. btw, this will screw up the sorting in qcma (if you still use it).

2. 11,920
    pinky

I've been tidying up all of my systems for the past few days. on the vita, I've uninstalled all unnecessary apps. of the remaining apps, I noticed that some of the apps were missing backgrounds. I had deleted all of appmeta to replace with a backup I had made, so some files may have gotten corrupted or not transferred. some folders in there seem to be protected via ftp, so I erased the rest through vita shell. speaking of which, I found a possible bug with vita shell's usb connection. the pspemu folder shows up as blank, so you can't use psp content manager to sort content.

anyway, the system gets the background image from ur0:appmeta/title id/livearea/contents folder. it's recorded in the appinfo table of the app.db in ur0:shell/db. I backed that up too just in case I needed to rebuild the database. I was forced to rebuild the database. when I got back to the livearea, all apps, but molecular shell and vita shell were gone. I kept a copy of those apps on internal memory just in case I needed them. what I found is that the config.txt is recreated, but if you replace the one in ur0, it won't fix it. the config.txt is actually recreated on ux0 too, which overrides the one on ur0, so you have to delete it. I think there's another config.txt in vs0 which would probably get removed if you reinstalled the firmware. I saw a thread somewhere regarding this issue. I think the person restored the system or formatted the memory card instead of just deleting the config.txt on ux0 to fix the problem.

3. 11,920
    pinky

I may have found a bug with ensou 3.65. within the tai config.txt on ur0/ux0, the henkaku.suprx (henkaku settings) will be recorded as being in ur0 even without henkaku.suprx being present. I think it's now loaded automatically like henkaku.skprx, so it doesn't to be present in ur0. copying it there has no effect, but if you delete it from ur0 after having copied it, all plugins will be disabled (the config.txt on ur0 will no longer be read). plus, qcma will no longer read the internal ux0. to fix this, you need to place the plugins and config.txt back on ux0. this will override the one in ur0 in case something goes wrong. then, simply copy all of those files back over to ur0/tai. interestingly, if you copy over henkaku.suprx again, it actually disappears from the folder. I believe both henkaku plugins are automatically loaded from vs0. this configuration may have been left over from ensou 3.60.

4. 11,920
    pinky

I figured out the problem with vitashell showing a blank pspemu folder. the problem was that it wasn't set to scan sd2vita. however, this option was not available for me until I deleted the vitashell folder on the root of the sd card. I've narrowed down the problem to settings.txt. if you open vitashell after deleting that folder, it will take a few moments to open (while it recreates that folder and its contents), except it doesn't recreate settings.txt. settings.txt will be recreated after change it to scan sd2vita.

5. 11,920
    pinky

I think I found a bug with the pstv at least. if you block system updates, you have to restart the system. actually, it will restart it automatically. it will error if updates are already blocked. however, if updates are already blocked and it errors, you still need to restart the system, because content manager will immediately crash when you open it. normal game update blocking is okay without a restart.

6. 1,650
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Great post mate,by the way,its there any way to extract some of the prototype/beta icons with some sort of tool or firmware explorable, from Debug Firmwares, to be implemented into themes, i came up with an idea for the creating of a Debug/Beta PS VITA LiveArea theme using the previous 0.990 Firmware as a refenence.

I believe this pre-production firmware its either 0.990 or 0.995 from the PDEL-1001, but like the icon design, although a little bit detailed,but it would be neat to create a theme based on it :)

Silica actually has the 0.990 Pre-Production Home Screen Music (home.at9),which its different from the final version,but not by much, but still creating a pre-production theme would be great.

dims.jpg

7. 11,920
    pinky

I'm not sure. I've never read anything about that. the default apps stuff is in the vs0 partition. the app.db will point to it.

8. 11,920
    pinky

alright, robocopy command: robocopy "original source" "source destination" /COPY:DAT will retain time stamps, so everything will remain alphabetized. it might be a hassle though considering you'd have to redo it once you've added something new. another problem is that psp content manager can't see into non official folders (i.e. category_lite).

btw, robocopy can copy folders faster than just using copy and paste, so it won't take that long.

9. 11,920
    pinky

might've learned something new. email information is stored on ux0, and it appears to be in the app folder (at least some of it). I think this might be how mai dump tool worked, 'cause the icon in there is one from mai dump tool even after having uninstalled the app. I found that it was email from the appinfo table. strange... the title id is: NPXS18888