Pinky's PS4 Tutorials

Discussion in 'PS4 Tutorials & Guides' started by pinky, Oct 7, 2016.

1. 9,711
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

Pinky’s PS4 Tutorials

★ How To Block Automatic Download/Install Of Updates ★

• Tutorial:
      • How to block automatic download/install of updates
      Author:
      Description:
      • One of the problems with the PS4 is that the disabling of downloads and even installs of system software doesn't work correctly. This is especially troublesome since both 3.55 and 4.01 are hackable apparently. Here's how to block those updates. This is a WIP, so use something like the proxy I use (CC Proxy) to record the download link. Let me know if you encounter a different one.
      sony-ps4-logo.png

• Let me preface this tutorial by saying that the ps4, for some reason, still downloads updates even if the option is checked off.
      And, I've heard reports of some people's ps4's, not only downloading, but installing updates.
      If you want to make sure you stay on 3.55, for possible henkaku support, follow this tutorial.
      Also, you can block updates with some routers, but this tutorial is assuming you don't have a router that can block updates or can't block all update servers.

Download ccproxy from its official website.

• Open ccproxy and click on options to check the http port being used. You may change the port if you wish, but I left it at 808 to prevent any conflicts.

• Close the options menu, and click on account.

• In the permit category section, make sure it says permit only. For auth type, select mac address.

• Now, click on web filter.

• Select new. Now, name the web filter. Make sure site filter and forbidden sites is selected. In the box below, copy and paste this:

Code:
      post.net.playstation.net;*get.net.playstation.net;*fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net;*themis.dl.playstation.net;*sf.api.np.km.playstation.net;*asm.np.community.playstation.net;*artcdnsecure.ribob01.net;*api-p014.ribob01.net;*apicdn-p014.ribob01.net;*tprof.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net;*dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.np.community.playstation.net;*http://djp01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*fjp01.ps4.update.playstation.net
      These are the sony update servers. Select save and close web filter..

• Now, you should still be in the account tab. Select new.

• Name your new account. Type in the mac address of your ps4 (mac sure mac address/host name is enabled). Check web filter. Select the web filter that you created. Now, click save and ok to close the new account.

• On your ps4, select custom for your internet connection. Select the default options until you get to proxy. In the proxy section, select use. Now, type in the ip address of your computer. You can find this by going into command prompt and typing

Code:
      ipconfig /all
      Next, select the port that you created in the options section.

• Now, test if it worked by selection system update in the settings section. You should receive an error. You should still be able to access the internet as well. Enjoy!

• Download ccproxy from its official website.

Open ccproxy and click on options to check the http port being used. You may change the port if you wish, but I left it at 808 to prevent any conflicts.

Close the options menu, and click on account.

In the permit category section, make sure it says permit only. For auth type, select mac address.

Now, click on web filter.

Select new. Now, name the web filter. Make sure site filter and forbidden sites is selected. In the box below, copy and paste this:

Code:
      post.net.playstation.net;*get.net.playstation.net;*fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net;*themis.dl.playstation.net;*sf.api.np.km.playstation.net;*asm.np.community.playstation.net;*artcdnsecure.ribob01.net;*api-p014.ribob01.net;*apicdn-p014.ribob01.net;*tprof.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net;*dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.np.community.playstation.net;*http://djp01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*fjp01.ps4.update.playstation.net
      These are the sony update servers. Select save and close web filter..

Now, you should still be in the account tab. Select new.

Name your new account. Type in the mac address of your ps4 (mac sure mac address/host name is enabled). Check web filter. Select the web filter that you created. Now, click save and ok to close the new account.

On your ps4, select custom for your internet connection. Select the default options until you get to proxy. In the proxy section, select use. Now, type in the ip address of your computer. You can find this by going into command prompt and typing

Code:
      ipconfig /all
      Next, select the port that you created in the options section.

Now, test if it worked by selection system update in the settings section. You should receive an error. You should still be able to access the internet as well. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your PS4. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. 9,711
    pinky

I forgot to mention that u can also save a new account as group. its settings will be applied to any account u select as belongs to group (select group that was created). this is good for people with 2 ps4's (1.76 and 3.55). :-p also, ur system won't be able to connect to the internet unless cc proxy is open on ur computer. I suggest pinning it to the task bar for easy access. :)

bitsbubba likes this.
  3. 9,711
    pinky

btw, if anyone finds anymore update servers, let me know. u can determine the update server ur connecting to by clicking on the green area of the main menu of ccproxy. it will tell u which url ur connected to. right click and copy the url into the web filter box. if the ps4 can't connect to one of the update servers, it will try to connect to another which I'm assuming is in case the site is down. I think I have all of them, but u never know. if it tries to download the update when u click on system update in system settings, do the above and let me know of the url. it should be a url followed by a port. erase the port when placing the url in the web filter.

bitsbubba likes this.
  4. 9,711
    pinky

I've added two more update servers. I just checked on my system. I get an error when trying to update via system update. I can still access the internet. I think I may have all of the update servers. I used cc proxy to grab the update servers that I was missing. ;)

nCadeRegal and bitsbubba like this.
  5. 9,711
    pinky

this tutorial will stop the automatic download of system software and cause an error if u try to update system software from system settings. u can still connect to the internet though. however, u'll get an update system software message if u try to connect to psn, but obviously, u can't connect anyway without updating. :-p blocking the psn update servers might block the downloading of app updates as well. I was able to grab the download servers on the vita, but I haven't tried on the ps4. ;)

edit: I forgot to mention that the psn update servers might be blocked if u actually click on update now. it might error, but I'm not sure as I'm not going to risk it. I managed to grab the last update servers through cc proxy. they were missing from the list. I think the psv and the ps4 use an xml to grab the update, so that sony can change the update location. I've blocked the xml with one of the servers.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  6. 9,711
    pinky

added some art. it would take too much time to make all art the same size. u can with dashes and a white color palette, but u'd have to test possibly hundreds of times. I think it's good as is. I'll add artwork to my wii-u tutorials tomorrow. I may add the virtual wii tutorial to that since it's fresh in my memory. I wanted to add the xuid tutorial to my 360 tutorials, but it's been a long time. the xuid is what allows u to use avatar items. games and dlc use the header of yaris, the only free game on xbox live which kinda screwed them. u need to resign avatar items with the xuid or they won't work. my avatar is wearing a bowler hate, shades, and wielding two light sabres due to this. ;)

7. 9,711
    pinky

check it out. it works!
    [​IMG]

8. 124
    francesco2013

francesco2013 Developer

Senior Linux System Administrator
    Home Page:
    Hi Pinky,

Is this updated ? Can I do it on my PS4 5.05 jailbroken ?

Thanks in advance.

Francesco

9. 9,711
    pinky

I think it's now irrelevant. the update blocker should be able to do the same thing. if the system tries to download an update, it will fail instantly.

the list in this tutorial should still work. it will error if an update tries to download. to get from being online, in order to use a website/self host, or use the offline cache, I suggest using the esp or sandisk connect. I'm using the latter. I didn't know about the offline cache at the time, so it;s only use is to update it. that way, I'm completely offline. the offline cache will allow you to use the payloads you want without being online. the sandisk connect I bought it was one of the smaller, if not smallest, ones (8GBs for $16 or so). it's by far large enough for the exploit files. it's well worth it.

if you want to dump games, I suggest getting a separate 128GB flash drive (the sandisk connect can't be plugged in and isn't large enough anyway). the largest game with patch is around 90-100GBs. by default, the system will shut down after it's finished dumping a game. this can be changed, but it's better to leave it as default to make sure the game has been dumped completely. with that being said, you can only dump one game at a time. I suggest this way to avoid confusion. dump, transfer game to computer, create gp4 of the content, use gp4 to create fake pkg, and install. this entire process can take a couple hours depending on size of game, number of files, and number of self files.

10. 124
    francesco2013

francesco2013 Developer

Senior Linux System Administrator
    Home Page:
    Thank you again man :)

11. 5
    theskid

theskid Member

hi pinky i currently have a ps4 on 5.55 firmware and i want to prevent any future update downloads
    where can i get the url's to block any future updates/downloads from sony
    i'm based in the UK(england)
    thanks for any help

12. 9,711
    pinky

yes, the eu url's have eu in them. there's a list of servers on psdevwiki. it includes the eu url's. I didn't know about it until recently. I think all of the url's are in my list. in fact, I might have some unnecessary ones. also, it won't matter which system is being used (i.e. I own a Japanese system, and I'm in the US). it will block the url's all the same. you can check by going to system update in settings. if it errors, that means it's working.