PKG install error

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Pizzadog, Nov 7, 2019.

1. 2
    Pizzadog

Pizzadog Forum Noob

I have a ps3 with rebug lite cfw, when trying to install games via pkg files with package manager I receive an error (80010038)

Smaller pkgs like homebrew apps or small games like tokyo jungle install and work fine.
    I have tried restoring the file system and database, but it still doesn't work

2. 7
    doragonfighter

doragonfighter Forum Noob

On Sony website they said it could be a scratched disc (will not suit to your problem but I mentioned XD) or defective data.
    Try to reinstall, before start, restart console. That is just my idea to that.

If that does not work, please tell what games exactly do not work. Maybe the pros over here can help you better with detailed information.

3. 2
    Pizzadog

Pizzadog Forum Noob

I am trying to install persona 5. Game backups in folder format work fine(aside from p5) but i cant seem to install any game pkgs aside from tokyo jungle. The pkgs are being installed from the internal hdd

4. 1,748
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    PKG Format PlayStation3 Titles come with a RIF File (License File), which its remotely activated with the original purchaser of the PSN Content, if you are not the original content owner, then you won't have the license file, DEMOs don't require a Activation RAF File.

I don't know how RAF Files can be backed up from the PSN, alongside with the Original PSN Contents, as i own my titles on both Physical and Digitaly, although i never link my PSN account to any Exploited machine, so i mainly backup my BDs into the HDD for presentation.

RAF Files can be activated with reACTPSN on CFW, for HEN reACTPSN isn't compatible, but if i recall correctly you'll need a RIF File and activate it through PS3Xploit RIF Activator Page.

PS: I did test Persona 5 the PSN Version and Physical Backup, somewhere 5 months ago, and it works flawlessly on CFW Machines, same for HEN, but only Physical was tested,so i don't see the problem,mind that i do own it for the PlayStation3 and PlayStation4, big Shin Megami Tensei fan here, but this was mainly for testing purposes.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 4:58 AM