The new PKG Linker is here, we both put a lot of time and effort into this project, so we hope you get many hours of happy use out of it. Within a few days of the release @DeViL303 and I (pink1) started working on an update for PKG Linker v1. After seeing all of the server problems in v1 we built v2 around a Modular copy of Uniform Server. The project has been completely rebuilt, with new features including:
- Complete GUI overhaul
- Better error handling for corrupt pkgs
- Saveable settings
- Server control and better server error handling
- Better IP/adaptor detection
- Better port control, now settings controls app and server
- Minimise to tray
- Tray notifications for important actions
- Tray controls while app is minimized
- PS3 side server controls via new server setup item on the XMB.
- Now detects package signing type and lists it in the app and on the XMB
- Ping Tool for checking PS3 is reachable in direct connection situations
- PS3Xploit Resigner Tool - all packages in unsigned folder can be signed with one click
- Warnings when packages in folder have changed but pkg list not updated.
- Warning when port has been changed but server not restarted.
- Auto list generation when its required, like after saving new settings.
- Theme settings, colors, Light/Dark.
- Help section with trouble shooting for connection problems
What is PKG Linker?PKG Linker is a PC application that is used to serve packages to CFW/HAN enabled PS3s, it utilizes a webserver to fool the PS3 into thinking it is downloading the package from Sony servers.
Using this method to install a package, gets around the 4GB maximum filesize limitations of fat32, normally faced when using external storage devices.
With PKG Linker there is no limit. With a wired network its quick too, I have transferred a 15GB package in under 20 minutes. It should work over wifi, but that same 15GB package could take 10 hours or more.
If you have a multiple network adaptors enabled at the same time this app could pick up the wrong IP. This can happen with VPNs or virtual adaptors too.
Please check that the app is showing your PCs correct IP address. If its not showing your IP address then type it in or select it from the dropdown menu, rescan or save settings, then reinstall the Package_List.pkg via USB. To find out your current IP address open a Command prompt window and type "ipconfig", if multiple IPs are listed try them all one by one if you are not sure which IP is correct.
Note: Every time the port or IP address is changed in this app you must install a freshly made Package_List.pkg via USB and then reboot the PS3. This is important, if you dont do this the PS3 is still looking to the old IP address or port for both the Package_List.pkg, and all the other packages.
If you are having problems, after any network changes you can try the Ping tool in PKG Linker settings to see if the PS3 is reachable, just enter your PS3s IP which can be got from: PS3 Network settings > Settings and Connection Staus List > IP Address .
Related PS3 Errors
Any errors not on this list are most likely not related to this app and are a problem with your pkgs.
- 404 Error means a server is running on correct IP but the file can not be found, bad link. File moved
- 400 Error means server is running, can be a port issue, port conflict maybe. Try change port.
- 80029567 Signing check failed, HAN Enabler not ran or debug installer ran by mistake or pkg not resigned.
- 80029564 Signing check failed, On CFW trying to install a pkg signed for HAN.
- 80023324 Wifi connection issues, or just bad connection, use a cable, see bottom.
- 8071053D Blocked, check port settings, check firewalls etc.
- 80710092 Host not reachable is a common error and can be anything so its a hard error to trace.
Possible reason for 80710092
- IPs configured wrong.
- Windows firewall.
- Other firewall or AntiVirus.
- Cable problem.
- Port blocked on server.
- Port conflict on server.
- Missing dll on system.
- Package_List.pkg not installed by usb since server settings changed.
- PS3 not rebooted since new Package_List.pkg installed.
Things to try:
- Disable firewalls, inc windows firewall, defender, avast shield etc.
- Make sure the pkg linker app says your PCs current IP, it may have picked up wrong IP.
- See if you can access server via ps3 web browser.
- Install fresh package list via usb everytime you change settings.
- Always reboot ps3 to see changes on XMB after loading a new list.
- Try changing ports.
- Try run other servers, see below for xampp instructions.
- Read the entire pkg linker 2.0 thread and try other peoples solutions.
- Google how to set up a web server and try learn about it.
Instruction for using another server like xampp
- Make sure no other webservers are running first.
- Install XAMPP, run it, click the top start button for apache.
- Put packages and the PKG Linker exe into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder.
- Run PKG Linker, dont start the built in server.
- Go to PS3 and run HAN Enabler and then try refresh list.
- If it downloads the new Package_List.pkg then Reboot.
- Run HAN Enabler again and try install a pkg.
- While testing its best if you do this with pkgs that you 100% know work via USB.
Connection speed issues and error 80023324
You are better off running a wired connection for the best transfer speeds. The PS3's Wifi is very slow and is known for dropouts during large transfers. With a wired setup you can get almost 1GB per minute transfer speeds. You can connect via a router or directly with one cable going from PS3 to PC.
Note that if connecting directly without a router you will have no DHCP for giving out IP addresses.
So you will need to do this to achieve a connection:
- Enter manual IP addresses on both devices, see below for an example if you don't know how.
- Set the PC to 192.168.0.2
- Set the PS3 to 192.168.0.3
- Set the gateway on both PC and PS3 to 192.168.0.1
- Set the subnet mask the same for both to 255.255.255.0
- Set the DNS on both to be 126.96.36.199
- Do not bother testing the connection on PS3, it will fail, skip the test.
- Then make sure this app says 192.168.0.2 for the IP.(or whatever your PCs IP is set to)
- Rescan with this app and then Install Package_List.pkg again manually via USB, then reboot.
- Then run the webserver and you should have no 80023324 errors and fast speeds
The PS3Xploit Team: W, @esc0rtd3w , @bguerville & @habib for HAN, PS3xploit-resigner an extra thanks to habib for the help with the signing type.
@Berion for the icons.
@Rudi Rastelli for PS3 PKG Ripper.
All of the other developers and members from over the years who have helped in any way.
Download @: psx-place.com
PS3 PKG Linker 2.0 - Serve Packages to your PS3 (HAN/CFW)
By pink1 on Apr 1, 2018 at 4:50 PM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- oscar ramos
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett