Here is a neat trick from psx-place's own @pink1 (one of newly added mods) and @DeViL303 as the ps3 developer's have polished off PKG Linker v1.0. This XMB Mod that works on CFW and also PS3Xploit HAN , this mod adds a feature to your XMB that serves pkgs from your PC directly to your PS3, no need to transfer them to a Storage media device and connect via USB with this trick. This project is just the start of some to some of the work the duo has been tinkering with, they have also been working on a HAN Toolbox (also an XMB MOD), right now that homebrew is still considered a PoC, but you can test it out here, a polished released the devs have told me should be in store soon when v0.3 drops and that will be considered the first stable version that graduates the PoC-Beta Stages.-STLcardsWS
PKG Linker v1.0
Yet another up and coming @DeViL303 and @pink1 project
Here is our PKG Linker app to serve packages from PC to your PS3.
Not only the start of our companion app(s) for HAN Toolbox it also works on CFW without HAN Toolbox.
Please read the troubleshooting before asking questions.
What does it do?
- Scans the program folder for pkg's, extracts the icons & creates a package_link.xml.
- Creates a pkg with a package_link.xml to remove the need for putting a new xml on the usb.
- Patches category_game.xml to look for package_link.xml & add pkg folders in package manager.
- Comes with a portable Apache HTTPD server and sets it up to host your pkg's.
- One click mode to scan, create the files & start the server.
- Manual mode scans the folder, lets you select the pkg's you want, export the files, patch category_game.xml & start/stop the server.
Windows 10 users!via @DeViL303: If you are on Windows 10 then you might need to do this as it has a service that uses port 80:
Thanks @kozarovv for the tip.
- Go to Start, type in services.msc
- Scroll down in the Services window to find the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Right click on it and select Stop.
Troubleshooting and info by @DeViL303
As its the first version there may be bugs so use at your own risk, we need feedback from the community.
While what it does is complicated, Usage is simple, watch the video and if you have any questions ask away
If you are having issues, please check your server is working by entering a pkg link from package_link.xml into your PS3 web browser.
Some things to note:
If you have a wifi adaptor AND lan enabled at the same time the app or the apache/xampp could pick up the wrong IP.
If you want to use another server like XAMPP:
- 404 error means a server is running on correct IP, but maybe link is bad, file not exist, or win 10 users have to stop a service using port 80, try change port using below instructions.
- 400 error means server is running, can be a port issue, port used by other app etc. try change port
- 80029567 Means HAN Enabler not ran, debug installer ran by mistake, or pkg not signed or corrupt.
- 80710092 Server error, If I shut down my server I get this error. See http://www.psx-place.com/threads/pk...c-cfw-ps3xploit-han.16733/page-24#post-109009
- 8071053D Unknown, possibly port problem, connection refused etc
Connection / Download Speeds / Errors during download after it has started
- Install xampp, run it, click the top start button for apache, (make sure no other webservers are running on same port first)
- Put packages and pkg linker exe into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder
- Run pkg linker, say no to using built in webserver.
- Go to PS3 and run HAN Enabler and then try refresh list
- If it downloads the new Package_list.pkg then Reboot , run HAN Enabler again and try install a pkg
- Best if you do this with pkgs that you 100% know work via USB, for testing.
You are better off connecting cable directly or at least running wired through router. Wifi will not work great, if connecting directly you will have no DHCP for giving out IPs, so you will need to do this:
Then run webserver on the pc, and you should get almost 1GB per minute download speeds, and no errors during download.
- enter manual IPs on both devices, can be anything but must be in same range
- so for example fake gateway ip for both = 192.168.0.1, PS3 = 192.168.0.2 and PC = 192.168.0.3
- make subnet mask the same for both = 255.255.255.0
- Rescan with app and then Install Package_List.pkg again manually via USB after any port or IP change on the server.
Changing Port in App
- From the app folder go to bin\ApacheHTTPD_PHP_Portable\Data\conf then open httpd.conf with notepad++.
- Now go to line 52 it should read "Listen 80"
- change it to "Listen 8080" or some other unused port and save.
- next open open PKG Linker and in the ip box after your ip put :8080 (should look something like this 192.168.1.12:8080 ).
- Now under file click "save list pkg and xml" and start the server.
- You will need to rescan with the app and then manually install the Package_List.pkg via USB the first time after you make changes like this, port, IP, path etc.
PS3 PKG Linker v1.0: Scan & Serve PKGs to PS3 from PC (CFW & PS3Xploit HAN)
By pink1 on Mar 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM
Meet "PSVshell" - a very beautiful and useful Overclocking Plugin by ElectryThe PlayStation Vita was a "powerful" Handheld Console back when it was released by the end of 2011 - wow, already 8 years old btw . But claiming by Sony that it can bring you the same power and good Gaming Experience like a Home Console, soon many people found out that this isn't the case for all Games released. But luckily, thanks to the great Homebrew Community behind the PSVita, we already saw in the past many "Overclocking Plugins", which can bring you the full potential to your PSVita, even more powerful than Sony would allowed. But sometimes, even those weren't perfect . Either they slowed down your Games when in use, they crashed the whole System or it was just some simple things like that the whole Screen was "crowded" with the Details of each of your setting everytime when you needed to change them. But the cool thing is, this Homebrew Community hears your complaints. So Developer Electry worked on that and introduced his very own Overclocking Plugin - it's "yet another overclocking plugin" to quote him - by fixing all those problems mentioned before. And the coolest thing is, it looks pretty damn good and it's very useful as well, if you ask me!Continue reading
PS-Phwoar! (for 5.05): A new Exploit Host Menu (with PS4 Home inspired theme) by LeefulWe re-tweeted this when it was released a week or so ago but wanted to get something up on the news page about this project, Developer leeful has recently released a new Exploit Host menu for serving up the essential payloads for exploited PS4 (5.05) Consoles's. This host menu theme is based on the PS4's main home screen bringing a seamless look. The host menu contains descriptions of various payloads it provides (which is about all) that will provide alot of features when executed such as Fan Controls, Linux Loader, Mod Menu's, firmware spoof, Update blocks ect.. You can see many of the payloads included in the sceenshots attached. Various methods to using this exploit host menu are available , see additional details in the installation tab below about using this new host menu:.
The host menu also adds the convenience of replacing the User Manual (first option in Settings>>User Manual/Helpful info) for easy and quick launching for when you power on your Console and have to activate HEN.Continue reading
Mednafen v0.3 (PS4 Homebrew) - Multi-System Emulator adds support for new emulationThere has been a PS4 developer's known as Znullptr who has ported several emulators to the PS4 (jailbroken) already with systems like the Sega Saturn, Dreamcast & PS1 to name a few of the ps4 homebrew ports present on the GameOS side of the console (ps4). We know already that emulation via PS4 Linux is capable of running many more emulators like RetroArch (Linux) for example, but lets be honest ps4linux can be a bit of process to get up and running when you power on your console for some quick convient play. So when we see new things on the PS4's main menu that is exciting to see, when its in regards to emulation especially.
This time around the dev decided to port a popular multi-system emulator, no not RetroArch but Mednafen, originally the port was released some weeks ago by port developer Znullptr and presented to us by Markus95 and since @Markus95 has seen presented some improvements with regards to the cfg file that has fixed several broken platforms (Virtual Boy, WonderSwan & WonderSwan Color) due to the control scheme that was not compatible with the DualShock 4 layout, with a re-configured "mednafen.cfg" file those issue are eliminated. There has been 4 player support added also and a few new tweaks Markus95 plans on addressing via future tweaks of the cfg file.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: