Here is a neat trick from psx-place's own @pink1 (one of newly added mods) and @DeViL303 as the ps3 developer's have polished off PKG Linker v1.0. This XMB Mod that works on CFW and also PS3Xploit HAN , this mod adds a feature to your XMB that serves pkgs from your PC directly to your PS3, no need to transfer them to a Storage media device and connect via USB with this trick. This project is just the start of some to some of the work the duo has been tinkering with, they have also been working on a HAN Toolbox (also an XMB MOD), right now that homebrew is still considered a PoC, but you can test it out here, a polished released the devs have told me should be in store soon when v0.3 drops and that will be considered the first stable version that graduates the PoC-Beta Stages.-STLcardsWS
PKG Linker v1.0
Yet another up and coming @DeViL303 and @pink1 project
Here is our PKG Linker app to serve packages from PC to your PS3.
Not only the start of our companion app(s) for HAN Toolbox it also works on CFW without HAN Toolbox.
Please read the troubleshooting before asking questions.
What does it do?
- Scans the program folder for pkg's, extracts the icons & creates a package_link.xml.
- Creates a pkg with a package_link.xml to remove the need for putting a new xml on the usb.
- Patches category_game.xml to look for package_link.xml & add pkg folders in package manager.
- Comes with a portable Apache HTTPD server and sets it up to host your pkg's.
- One click mode to scan, create the files & start the server.
- Manual mode scans the folder, lets you select the pkg's you want, export the files, patch category_game.xml & start/stop the server.
Windows 10 users!via @DeViL303: If you are on Windows 10 then you might need to do this as it has a service that uses port 80:
Thanks @kozarovv for the tip.
- Go to Start, type in services.msc
- Scroll down in the Services window to find the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Right click on it and select Stop.
Troubleshooting and info by @DeViL303
As its the first version there may be bugs so use at your own risk, we need feedback from the community.
While what it does is complicated, Usage is simple, watch the video and if you have any questions ask away
If you are having issues, please check your server is working by entering a pkg link from package_link.xml into your PS3 web browser.
Some things to note:
If you have a wifi adaptor AND lan enabled at the same time the app or the apache/xampp could pick up the wrong IP.
If you want to use another server like XAMPP:
- 404 error means a server is running on correct IP, but maybe link is bad, file not exist, or win 10 users have to stop a service using port 80, try change port using below instructions.
- 400 error means server is running, can be a port issue, port used by other app etc. try change port
- 80029567 Means HAN Enabler not ran, debug installer ran by mistake, or pkg not signed or corrupt.
- 80710092 Server error, If I shut down my server I get this error. See http://www.psx-place.com/threads/pk...c-cfw-ps3xploit-han.16733/page-24#post-109009
- 8071053D Unknown, possibly port problem, connection refused etc
Connection / Download Speeds / Errors during download after it has started
- Install xampp, run it, click the top start button for apache, (make sure no other webservers are running on same port first)
- Put packages and pkg linker exe into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder
- Run pkg linker, say no to using built in webserver.
- Go to PS3 and run HAN Enabler and then try refresh list
- If it downloads the new Package_list.pkg then Reboot , run HAN Enabler again and try install a pkg
- Best if you do this with pkgs that you 100% know work via USB, for testing.
You are better off connecting cable directly or at least running wired through router. Wifi will not work great, if connecting directly you will have no DHCP for giving out IPs, so you will need to do this:
Then run webserver on the pc, and you should get almost 1GB per minute download speeds, and no errors during download.
- enter manual IPs on both devices, can be anything but must be in same range
- so for example fake gateway ip for both = 192.168.0.1, PS3 = 192.168.0.2 and PC = 192.168.0.3
- make subnet mask the same for both = 255.255.255.0
- Rescan with app and then Install Package_List.pkg again manually via USB after any port or IP change on the server.
Changing Port in App
- From the app folder go to bin\ApacheHTTPD_PHP_Portable\Data\conf then open httpd.conf with notepad++.
- Now go to line 52 it should read "Listen 80"
- change it to "Listen 8080" or some other unused port and save.
- next open open PKG Linker and in the ip box after your ip put :8080 (should look something like this 192.168.1.12:8080 ).
- Now under file click "save list pkg and xml" and start the server.
- You will need to rescan with the app and then manually install the Package_List.pkg via USB the first time after you make changes like this, port, IP, path etc.
PS3 PKG Linker v1.0: Scan & Serve PKGs to PS3 from PC (CFW & PS3Xploit HAN)
By pink1 on Mar 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM
The PS2 Fortuna Project (Homebrew Launcher) & N64 Emulation highlights a big week in PS2 development
The PlayStation 2 Scene is still going strong as we head into 2020 and as the great grandchild of the PS5 is on the horizon in the near future, the ps2 continues to prove it's has been a still a powerhouse in the homebrew/development community. This week alone we have seen several developments in the community that are quite spectacular to see released. First we seen a glimpse of potential N64 emulation on the PS2 and then yet another new exploit for the PS2 (not to be confused with this recent method involving a demo disc) that will enable homebrew on your PS2.Continue reading
Code Execution on Blu-ray Drives from both PS3 & PS4 --- #36C3 Talk to be presented by @oct0xorThe Stages from CCC are always a very good entrypoint to present the newest and latest in Hacking and Security, especially for Video Game Consoles as seen in the past. In fact, last year in 2018, you can probably remember how much Talks we saw for both the PS4 and the PSVita (just in Case you missed it [I dare you if you actually did ] or you want to watch all Important Streams in Re-Live again - click here). So of course, as it's for this year, many Developers are welcome to join the Stages for this years #36C3 Event to present their newest Achievements such as in Security, Hardware & Making, Ethics, Society & Politics, CCC [internal], Entertainment, Science, Art & Culture and Resilience & Sustainability - as you are always used to it. So while the Preparations from both the Event Organizers and all Developers at full blast, today known Developer @oct0xor announced that he will be also participate on the Stage with a PlayStation-related Talk, where he will "shed a light on internals and security of Sony PlayStation Blu-ray disc drives" together with Topics of "Firmware Dumping", "Reverse Engineering" and getting "Code Execution" for their respective Blu-ray Drives on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! This is definitely worth to follow, especially since this Topic always kinda lacked in the Community, due to showing less Interest to the Blu-ray Drives.
Picture from the Internals of an PS4 BD Drive (first Generation). It is (probably) just an coincidence that the mechanics looks like two people kissing each other...Continue reading
Super Mario War v1.8_r4 - New Enchantments + Ps3HEN (signed) by blckbearSuper Mario War was ported to PlayStation 3 (PS3) Custom Firmware originally by lahrymose, the installation back then required a pkg install and then data files to be placed on root of the PS3 HDD. Recently psx-place user @blckbear_ had released two revisions (r3 / r4) which has negated the need for the data files and only the pkg needs installed now. Also this pkg is signed and works with not only CFW but also PS3HEN. Plus blkbear_ also has added several other subtle enchantments for your viewing pleasure..
What is Super Mario War? It's a fan created homebrew game that is a tribute to Nintendo and some of its iconic characters. its a grueling multiplayer (up to 4) stomp fest while navigating various obstacles to squish your opponent(s) , The hunter becomes the prey very quickly in this addicting party game, Below we have attached a video demonstration of Super Mario War gameplay in action on a PS3 Console (note: video is v1.8_r2 )Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: