Here is a neat trick from psx-place's own @pink1 (one of newly added mods) and @DeViL303 as the ps3 developer's have polished off PKG Linker v1.0. This XMB Mod that works on CFW and also PS3Xploit HAN , this mod adds a feature to your XMB that serves pkgs from your PC directly to your PS3, no need to transfer them to a Storage media device and connect via USB with this trick. This project is just the start of some to some of the work the duo has been tinkering with, they have also been working on a HAN Toolbox (also an XMB MOD), right now that homebrew is still considered a PoC, but you can test it out here, a polished released the devs have told me should be in store soon when v0.3 drops and that will be considered the first stable version that graduates the PoC-Beta Stages.-STLcardsWS
PKG Linker v1.0
Yet another up and coming @DeViL303 and @pink1 project
Here is our PKG Linker app to serve packages from PC to your PS3.
Not only the start of our companion app(s) for HAN Toolbox it also works on CFW without HAN Toolbox.
Please read the troubleshooting before asking questions.
What does it do?
- Scans the program folder for pkg's, extracts the icons & creates a package_link.xml.
- Creates a pkg with a package_link.xml to remove the need for putting a new xml on the usb.
- Patches category_game.xml to look for package_link.xml & add pkg folders in package manager.
- Comes with a portable Apache HTTPD server and sets it up to host your pkg's.
- One click mode to scan, create the files & start the server.
- Manual mode scans the folder, lets you select the pkg's you want, export the files, patch category_game.xml & start/stop the server.
Windows 10 users!via @DeViL303: If you are on Windows 10 then you might need to do this as it has a service that uses port 80:
Thanks @kozarovv for the tip.
- Go to Start, type in services.msc
- Scroll down in the Services window to find the World Wide Web Publishing Service.
- Right click on it and select Stop.
Troubleshooting and info by @DeViL303
As its the first version there may be bugs so use at your own risk, we need feedback from the community.
While what it does is complicated, Usage is simple, watch the video and if you have any questions ask away
If you are having issues, please check your server is working by entering a pkg link from package_link.xml into your PS3 web browser.
Some things to note:
If you have a wifi adaptor AND lan enabled at the same time the app or the apache/xampp could pick up the wrong IP.
If you want to use another server like XAMPP:
- 404 error means a server is running on correct IP, but maybe link is bad, file not exist, or win 10 users have to stop a service using port 80, try change port using below instructions.
- 400 error means server is running, can be a port issue, port used by other app etc. try change port
- 80029567 Means HAN Enabler not ran, debug installer ran by mistake, or pkg not signed or corrupt.
- 80710092 Server error, If I shut down my server I get this error. See http://www.psx-place.com/threads/pk...c-cfw-ps3xploit-han.16733/page-24#post-109009
- 8071053D Unknown, possibly port problem, connection refused etc
Connection / Download Speeds / Errors during download after it has started
- Install xampp, run it, click the top start button for apache, (make sure no other webservers are running on same port first)
- Put packages and pkg linker exe into the c:\xampp\htdocs folder
- Run pkg linker, say no to using built in webserver.
- Go to PS3 and run HAN Enabler and then try refresh list
- If it downloads the new Package_list.pkg then Reboot , run HAN Enabler again and try install a pkg
- Best if you do this with pkgs that you 100% know work via USB, for testing.
You are better off connecting cable directly or at least running wired through router. Wifi will not work great, if connecting directly you will have no DHCP for giving out IPs, so you will need to do this:
Then run webserver on the pc, and you should get almost 1GB per minute download speeds, and no errors during download.
- enter manual IPs on both devices, can be anything but must be in same range
- so for example fake gateway ip for both = 192.168.0.1, PS3 = 192.168.0.2 and PC = 192.168.0.3
- make subnet mask the same for both = 255.255.255.0
- Rescan with app and then Install Package_List.pkg again manually via USB after any port or IP change on the server.
Changing Port in App
- From the app folder go to bin\ApacheHTTPD_PHP_Portable\Data\conf then open httpd.conf with notepad++.
- Now go to line 52 it should read "Listen 80"
- change it to "Listen 8080" or some other unused port and save.
- next open open PKG Linker and in the ip box after your ip put :8080 (should look something like this 192.168.1.12:8080 ).
- Now under file click "save list pkg and xml" and start the server.
- You will need to rescan with the app and then manually install the Package_List.pkg via USB the first time after you make changes like this, port, IP, path etc.
PS3 PKG Linker v1.0: Scan & Serve PKGs to PS3 from PC (CFW & PS3Xploit HAN)
By pink1 on Mar 15, 2018 at 8:21 PM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- oscar ramos
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett