Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN PKG Linker v2.0 error 80710092

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Ordinance, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 1
    Ordinance

Ordinance Forum Noob

I installed PKG Linker 2.0 so that I could send a pkg larger than 4GB to my super slim. Unfortunately, I get error 80710092 every time I try to download from it (even the 'update list').
    My PS3 and Win 10 PC are connected by an internet cable, sharing the WiFi connection of my PC, with an IP of 192.168.0.3 on the PS3 and 192.168.0.2 on the PC (as well as the other settings, though I'm sure that you know what the instructions I was following are), as the tutorial instructed.
    Prior to this, I tried without the ethernet cable or adjusted network settings (normal IP of my PC and PS3), also to no avail.
    When pinging from PKG Linker (PC side), it comes up as a success, so though I gather that it is an issue with my PS3, I have confirmed that HAN is installed correctly and I enable it every time I start up the PS3.
    I know there's no other way to get this pkg to my PS3, so I'm not sure where to go from here.

2. 15
    GodsPerfectIdiot

GodsPerfectIdiot Forum Noob

80710092 is host unreachable. Basically PS3 cant find the PC. Are you running a cord directly from PC to PS3, or are they connected to a router? The error is so general it could be a multitude of things. Can your PS3 get online? Kind of confuse how your setup, because of how you describe it. For a direct connect to PC you may need a cross over cable network cord I'm unsure if PS3 can autosense the type of cable used like most newer PC's.

How is your network setup, why are you using wifi through your pc (that confuses me) if your Modem supports wifi it has extra ports (average is 4 ports) and a router built in. So why go through your PC?

If your going to direct connect are you setting the correct gateway on PS3? if pc is 192.168.1.2 and PS3 is .3 then the gateway on PS3 needs to be 192.168.1.2. Subnets are the same? (255.255.255.0)

2ndly I know its slower but you can also have your PC hooked up via wifi and PS3 via wifi get DHCP IPs from your modem, then use those settings (they may change over time but not very often).

I guess first step would be getting your PS3 online, so it can open a webpage, either via network shared through your computer, or wifi.
    (I would maybe find Kibaki Han Miniweb somewhere and loading that up on your pc, then browsing to your PC's IP on the PS3's web browser.) If you can connect that means your PS3 can reach your PC, then its down to getting ports figured out and seeing if somethings blocking them)

Next step would be determining what IP each has. Normally its 192.168.0.X and using those setting in PKG linker, exporting the new PKG list, and importing it into the PS3, restart your ps3 to set changes and reload/re-han try to use PKG Linker to download.

Sorry im kinda all over the place but the issue is a networking one, and without having a least a above average understanding of networking it can get very confusing very fast, theres a million little things to pay attention to and settings to tweak. Luckily most days routers/modems and PC networking software is robust enough to make most peoples networks plug and play, its only when you do something weird like this that you run into a snag.

DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 6,008
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Where lots of people run into issues, is that they have multiple adaptors, and they are using the wrong settings. Even in cases where they don't have multiple physical adapters, there can be virtual adapters, or bridged connections that complicate the network settings.

Make sure the ps3 can see packages in the web browser if you put in the port and IP of your server. If that does not work then there is no point even checking if packages install.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  4. 1
    tr4shy

tr4shy Forum Noob

I just ran into this problem myself.
    It took me about 5 minutes to realise I forgot to start my webserver!
    Crisis averted ;)

DeViL303 likes this.