PkGs And The Vita

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Jan 23, 2018.

1. 12,002
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

does anyone know how to get this to work without kiosk mode and without npdrm (free) packages? I read that the dex version of the package installer works without uri caller or kiosk mode. however, I'm not sure if I need the dex shell.self. when I tried the dex version of cma, it was incredibly unstable. I think it was due to a lack of the dex shell.self. I have the dex version of the package installer on my pc.

btw, on a side note: does anyone know if you can use samba with the n3ds on windows 19? I heard that you couldn't. I haven't tested the 360 with either.. the only network system I'm connected to is my old laptop. ;) I think you need the ftp cia with windows 10. though, the official method can be pretty slow, so it might be worth looking into. :)

2. 12,002
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you don't need the shell.self to use package installer. in fact, you don't even need the dex version of the package installer. there's a vpk that can be installed which will allow you to install packages from multiple locations. I haven't tested it with a package though, only to see if it loaded the package installer and connected to qcma which I don't think you need any longer. ;)

about the 3ds, I installed ftpd since the built in samba server doesn't work with windows 10. it works pretty well, but it transfers in snippets, so I did have a corrupted cia the first time I tried it as I thought it was done. it basically starts, the stops, then starts again and repeats this pattern during the entire transfer. maybe that's what's happening with the official method. I only used it as samba, so I don't know how it looked in filezilla;