PS3HEN playstation network tab not showing anything

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Darknss, Aug 6, 2019.

1. 20
    Darknss

Darknss Forum Noob

Self-employed
    so since i installed HEN 2.3.1 the playstation network tab is empty, nothing shows up, cant watch my trophies, not even to log into PSN, it didnt bother me till now because i wanted to see some trophies but i can't.

what could be the problem? and how can i fix it?

2. 12,155
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

something may have gone wrong the xml. can you move up and down the column or is it just network and nothing else?

3. 20
    Darknss

Darknss Forum Noob

Self-employed
    every other tab works, except the playstation network one. i can move up and down except in that one, it makes no sound at all. there used to be something similar with some games on the games tab, when i pressed triangle things like check for update, internet search, and others related to internet didnt show up on the menu, but now it does and i don't know how it came back, i though it was related to HEN disabling the ps3 from updating or something but it doesnt seems like that is the case

4. 5,829
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Have you used any mods like HENBrew, HEN Toolbox etc? Anyhow to fix this first try to repair file system then rebuild database via recovery menu. If this doesn't fix it reinstall HFW twice from the recovery menu. Your XML got damaged somehow.

5. 20
    Darknss

Darknss Forum Noob

Self-employed
    i actually used HEN toolbox for the game sorting method and the toggle power options menu, and used the custom themes from the hybrid firmware tools, and i figured out that some of the themes disable the check for update buttoms on the triangle menu or it doesnt disable but actually hides them, i changed to the stock theme but still nothing on the psn tab

EDIT: i did repair file system and rebuild database via the recovery menu, it didnt work. im going to install HFW twice but do i have to install hen again after i do that or i dont have to do anything
    EDIT 2: installing HFW fixed it. got the psn tab working again.

i actually want to know how did that happen and find a way to revert it back (probably going to try things and find how did it happen haha and try to fix it without installing HFW again), could be a nice way of blocking people from going online (like a toggleable option in the HFW menu)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019