PS4 Please help with slow PS4

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by dryferbones, Oct 16, 2019.

1. 34
    dryferbones

dryferbones Member

My PS4 out of nowhere is super slow, I have tried rebuilding the database didn't work, tried "Initialize ps4" (option 6 in Safe mode) and also didn't work.

After that tried to install Red dead redemption 2, and the ps4 turned off 2 time while installing from the disc, when the game finally installed it took a really long time to go in, played the first mission and audio was missing, some actions of the NPC and player take also long time to be done, and pressing the home menu took long time to take me back home, turning the ps4 took like 5 minutes.

Don't know what else could I try to fix it, reinstalling the system will probably have no effect, also my PS4 doesn't even have 1 year of use since I got it new.

Edit: other thing I tried was to clean it, removing the metal plate to clean the fan and nothing else.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. 12,394
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

might be the hdd. is it on 5.05? if not and it's still under warranty, I'd say to try sony. however, when you say installing a disc, it sounds like you're on 5.05.

3. 591
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Looks like the HDD is dying. Try to change into newer ones.

4. 34
    dryferbones

dryferbones Member

I'm on last version, my ps4 isn't modified.

Well it seems I have to try with the warranty, I not even from the USA or a country without official sony provider, here come 3 months without my ps4, if they ever give me another HDD or PS4.

Tags: