PS3 Power board bypass?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by whoisthis123, Jun 16, 2019.

1. 2
    whoisthis123

whoisthis123 Forum Noob

Recently got an early fat with a damaged power switch ribbon cable. Cut it terribly but still got the system to light red, didn't respond to the power button and beeped three times when pressing eject. Later got start once by wiggling the cable on the motherboard side and then shut off after it slipped out of its connector. New cable is on the way, hoping that didn't break anything...

Anyways, is there a way to turn the system on (and have it stay on) without the switchboard?

2. 1,134
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    There are three ways to start a 1st Gen PlayStation3, but only two are applicable, in case you got the console without any controllers.

You can try the BD Disc insert, which automatically starts the machine, PS Button DS3 Press, but the controller needs to be synced to the machine otherwise it won't work.

The CECHA/C/E models have a card reader, what you can do, its take the card reader ribbon, and but the exact same size as original, if i recall right its 6 traces, and the Card reader has 8 or 9,so you need to cut to fit in precisely on the board and switch board, if done correctly, you should have power running to the switchboard again, but that's just for temporary use, get a new switch ribbon, as soon as possible.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

3. 2
    whoisthis123

whoisthis123 Forum Noob

System is a CECHA. I have a whole CECHE in pieces as well, missing that power board ribbon of course.

Looks like the BD also has a disc in because it won’t pull. Thanks for that tip though.