Well known free and open source Playstation Portable emulator PPSSPP is finally updated to version 1.3. Many bugs are squashed, but this is not only bugfix release. This version introducing initial Vulcan API support. Texture replacement support to allow use custom textures and upscaled ones. This should give PPSSPP users many modding possibilities. And should allow to make own "remasters" with better quality textures. Update 1.3 is for now available for Windows, Android, OSX, iOS, and Linux users.
What's new in 1.3.0
- Fix JIT problems on Galaxy S7 and iOS 9+ devices.
- Fix Android TV support and use latest FFmpeg.
- Texture replacement support - for custom textures and upscaling.
- Initial game recording / TAS features.
- Correctly map memory on Raspberry Pi 3, much better performance.
- Workaround rendering issues on Tegra K1/X1.
- Disc streaming to play quickly from tablet/phone on wifi.
- Initial Vulkan support - not full featured yet.
- Experimental new CPU backend and CPU fixes.
- Allow insert/eject of memstick - required by some games.
- Better support for ps3 controller mapping.
- Better UI handling for settings with long names in some languages.
- Screenshots in compatibility reporting, better website.
- Fix type D cheat codes, allow for homebrew.
- Graphic glitch fixes in several games.
- Fix video playback glitches in several games.
- Various performance and compatibility improvements.
- Various debugger and GE debugger improvements.
- Fix some problems when switching away from and back to the app
- Video by Chris Hawkinson
Enhance your experience!
- Play in HD resolutions and more
- Play on a tablet for big-screen mobile gaming
- Customize on-screen touch controls or use an external controller or keyboard
- Save and restore game state anywhere, anytime
- Crank up the anisotropic filtering and texture scaling
- Continue where you left off by transferring saves from your real PSP
PlayStation News PPSSPP v1.3 released
By kozarovv on Sep 17, 2016 at 11:27 AM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Beats Of Rage OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett
All in one - Scans a package folder and serves them onto your PS3's XMB, Breaking the 4GB barrier!