Problem Changing IDPS/PSID from webman

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by baatsam, Jan 20, 2020.

1. 1
    baatsam

baatsam Forum Noob

when i change IDPS/PSID from webman, press save and restart, the second row of IDPS will not change from what i can see from webman/ps3mapi or psnpatch.

how can i change there

i am on rebug 4.84 dex

2. 637
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

Ps3mapi, ccapi, psnpatch and any other Homebrew that has system access reads the IDPS from flash, webman only changes IDPS in memory, that's why you can't see the changes. Psnpatch however can show both flash and memory IDPS

3. 3,423
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    WebMAN caches a lot of data and this is one of them, some times it doe snot show the change, the second row I assume you are referring to the PSID...?

All these apps read the IDPS from the same place and change the IDPS in memory (Spoofing it). FYI webMAN use PS3MAPI to do this so part of what you said contradicted another part of what you said.

4. 8
    batsam

batsam Forum Noob

by second row of idps i meant the last 8 numbers in the second space to right.
    can i permanently change those values from webman.
    can i connect to psn with any random IDPS/PSID so if they ban the console that wont happen to the original idps/psid
    its not clear why IDPS/PSID on webman/ps3mapi are different from webman/setup

5. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

if you're asking what I think you're asking, you can't make an idps/psid up or bruteforce it, so you'd need another system's. I don't mess with online anymore though, because I was originally banned a year or two ago, and I don't even know the reason. it said that it detected unauthorized software on my system. they'll send you an email with the reason. anyway, I assume that they saw multiman. however, of the big three, I'd say sony is the least prepared. can't sign in with a rgh 360 or you'll be banned almost instantly. as for the switch, people have been using their emuNAND to play backups and whatnot, because nintendo is really on their game with detecting people using cfw. a lot of people who took no precautions have been banned.

6. 8
    batsam

batsam Forum Noob

can that happen even through psnpatch disabling cfw

7. 12,892
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I was using the psn patch plugin, and I was still banned. however, how sony is determining cfw doesn't seem to be all that reliable, because there are thousands of people who are cfw or hen and have never been banned. they will ban both account and system (most likely), so I'd use a throw away account. this time, I made a different account on each device. I was using my main account, because I was naive to think that they wouldn't ban me.

8. 24
    xanadu247

xanadu247 Forum Noob

9. 637
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

please point exactly where i contradicted myself since i can't find any contradictions

10. 24
    xanadu247

xanadu247 Forum Noob

I wouldn't put much into those comments. They didn't answer the question about perminently changing the IDPS.

Just use idpset that I linked you above and this thread has been solved.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  11. 3,423
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    He did not ask about this, it was the OP... maybe you should read things properly before having a stab at someone....

This should not be used by some who does not know what they are doing as the IDPS (EID5) contains per console data, such as min fw version and such so lets say you got banned on CFW and used an IDPS from a PS3 that had a min fw version of 3.60 say will change the min fw version of the console to this.

Also if some how you managed to get it wrong or something goes wrong then your PS3 is screwed up.

Spoofing your IDPS with CCAPI, PSN Patch, webMAN MOD etc is a better way to go, and safer, than messing around with your console's EID5 region to unbanned your PS3 or protecting it from being banned.

Also you might want to read the OP as the OP wants to " Spoof " his IDPS so he can protect his OG one form being banned, NOT permanently change it as there is no point when you console is NOT banned, so pleases read things properly before suggesting things that are not needed.

As you on CFW using CCAPI would be a better way to do this, you can set CCAPI to Spoof your IDPS and PSID to the ones you have to use on boot of your PS3. So every time you boot your PS3 its spoofed automatically.

This is the method I have been using for years and works great.

12. 3,423
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    Sorry, I forgot to add this to my post above. You must use a valid non-banned IDPS from another PS3, you cannot just make up one, if this is what you mean.

13. 8
    batsam

batsam Forum Noob

as a matter of fact today i noticed that putting random idps/psid from ps3mapi will not let me log in psn.
    can i read the idps/psid of a ps3 without having to flash it with cfw first

14. 3,423
    Cypher_CG89

Home Page:
    If the PS3 is still working, and not banned from PSN, and you want to use it for the PSID and IDPS then yes with the PS3 Xploit PSID + IDPS Dumpers.

You just need to install an HFW on it and you can use the tools from the PS3's web browser and dump them to USB.

Algol likes this.