PS3 Problem loading PS2 Classic Placeholder R3

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Paisano87, Jan 14, 2020.

1. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Hi, I have a PS3 with CFW 3.85 NoBD and it works perfectly for me, except for loading the ps2 games, the TV runs out of signal and after 10 minutes the game loads. How could this problem be solved?
    Thank you

2. 1,946
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Which 4.85 CFW do you have, Overflow, Rebug, Ferrox? By the guess of NoBD i guess is Overflow.

PS2 Classics Placeholder is obselete for CFWs, thats more for HEN users, ever since 4.xx i believe, nowdays Cobra Payload takes care of everything, but thats if you have a Compatible Cobra Custom Firmware, which is Rebug, my recommendation since your BD Drive is fried, by the NoBD Firmware you installed, grab a older version of Rebug, such as 4.82.2 NoBD, easy to find, and downgrade your machine, after that with Webman you can launch the PlayStation2 Software Format directly without needing the obselete Placeholder, the Cobra Payload takes care of everything automatically.

Gabriel2Silva and Algol like this.
  3. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Good afternoon
    I have the Overflow version. The question is not that the BD controller does not work for me, it is that I do not have it directly, my model is 160 gb fat. I tried previously with Rebug 4.82.2 but the games were not loading directly, I had to go to /app_home/PS3_GAME

The CFW that I have now has cobra and comes with a version of Webman, but this seems to be limited. Should I install a specific version of webman?
    Thanks

4. 1,946
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    No, i sugest you to downgrade to Rebug 4.82.2 or 4.84.2 if there is a NoBD version of the 4.84, Overflow and Ferrox have a bug with the PlayStation2 Software, so its not possible to execute PlayStation2 Format Software on thoes 4.85 Firmwares, i am not sure if Rebug 4.85 patched this.

There is no need to go to /app_home/PS3_GAME unless your whole BD Drive is missing, but if the BD is there and only damaged, then a disc icon should pop-up on the XMB, i had various consoles with broked BD Drives, only one required to go to app_home/PS3_Game which had a missing BD Module, otherwise you can execute it via Multiman or Webman.

5. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Good afternoon
    Thank you very much for the speed. My PS3 does not have the BD drive. So I have to load the games by /app_home/PS3_GAME but does this also apply to ps2 games? I have installed webman mod 1.47.26 but I still can't load ps2 games from webman / multiman

6. 1,946
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    I am not sure, ive tried with PS3 Software Format,but never with PS2, although you can try yourself.

7. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Hello again
    I have tried and it does not work, I attach video in zip with the error that appears when loading the game in multiman and when trying to load it from app_home/PS3GAME
    My doubt arrived at this point, how could I load the ps2 games from multiman/webman without a BD drive?
    I previously tested with 4.82.2 rebug no BD and the same thing happened to me. Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Just as I am forced to use PS2 Classic Placeholder by not having a BD drive, forgive my ignorance.

Thanks for your time

Attached Files:

8. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

good morning
    I update my current situation. I have a PS3 Fat 160 gb without BD drive
    I have tried several CFW, Cobra Standard, Dex. In no achievement load PS2 isos, only with PS2 Classics Placeholder R3 but these take 10 min to load. I tried changing the file ps2_netemu.self
    The purpose is to be able to load PS2 games from PS2 Classic Placeholder R3 without waiting for 10 minutes. Anyone know how I could solve this?

Thanks

9. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Hi, I bought a blue ray drive, but this one is not detected by the ps3 (nor can I insert discs) I am currently at 4.82.2 rebug nobd probe to install rebug 4.85.1 but it gave me the blueray error. Should I take any steps that I am doing, how to downgrade the console? The drive is the KEM410CCA model

10. 64
    Gabriel2Silva

Gabriel2Silva Member

You should remarry your Blu-Ray drive to your console, it isn't plug and play. Fortunately for you there's an option for this in CFW. Follow some of the tutorials posted here in the forum so you can remarry them.

11. 8
    Paisano87

Paisano87 Forum Noob

Good morning.
    Try the remarry process on the web and when I launch it I get the following "error sys_storage_open err 80010006" I have checked that the connection of the Blue Ray to the motherboard is correct. Do you know what may be failing? Thank you

12. 64
    Gabriel2Silva

Gabriel2Silva Member

The Blu-Ray cable is a very finicky one. I had a fat CECHE01 whose BD drive wouldn't be recognized by the console even though it was perfectly connected to the motherboard. I had to disconnect and connect it more than 5 times for it to finally work.
    I can't find any explanation to this error other than bad connection to the motherboard. But maybe someone else more experienced than me can clear this up.