PS3 Problem running PS1 Games

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Xen, Jun 15, 2019.

1. 3
    Xen

Xen Forum Noob

Currently I am having a problem with running any ps1 game using webman, irisman, or multiman. This problem has started ever since I upgraded the ps3s HDD, before that I was able to play them perfectly fine.
    If needed: the model is cechk01, and I am using Rebug 4.84.2 REX EDITION CFW
    Also, the ps1 games are in the ISO format.

When using multiman in cobra mode I get: "This operation is not allowed" and "ERROR: NOT IMPLEMENTED"

When using webman I get: "Error!"

When using irisman, or webman in standard CFW mode, games load but only to the playstation logo, then it hangs.

If anyone has an idea on how to fix this (hopefully without downgrading to the old HDD), it would be appreciated.

2. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

i think you need cobra enabled in rebug toolbox or other payload if you don't want to use cobra for some reason.

atreyu187 likes this.
  3. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

This was going to be my suggestion.

4. 3
    Xen

Xen Forum Noob

I have tried with cobra enabled and disabled, I still got the same results (Game still hangs without cobra and Errors with). Also, what other payload are you talking about? (I am new to PS3 modding.)

5. 3,284
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

webMAN requires Cobra, Mamba or PS3HEN enabled to play PSOne games.

IRISMAN only requires Cobra/Mamba for PSOne games on NTFS or net host. For the other devices, the manager calls ps1_emu directly.
    On PS3HEN, PSOne games are always mounted using "Cobra" functions.

multiMAN also starts the ps1emu directly. mmCM (multiMAN in Cobra mode) uses the "Cobra" functions.

My suggestion is to reinstall Rebug. If the problem persists, try first with a database rebuild, a file system restore and finally try formatting the HDD again.

IRISMAN and webMAN MOD have the option to select between ps1_emu and ps1_netemu.

6. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

also,you should find a way to test those rips.either on the pc or some other platform or the discs themselves.most of the problems people report here are at least in part due to bad rips that they either find floating the net (especially compromized 'roms' sites) or making them improperly themselves.

aldostools likes this.
  7. 3
    Xen

Xen Forum Noob

I tested the ISOs with epsxe and xebra, epsxe errored out and xebra hanged. So the ISOs are bad. later on I copied the bin and cue files into "PSXGAMES" folder and ran them from multiman. They run perfectly now. Thanks for helping me fix this issue.