PS3 Problem with PS2 Emulation in REBUG 4.82.2 D-REX

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Prosencrantz, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

DISCLAIMER:
    - i'm actually new here as a member, so if i'm posting this at the wrong place, please let me know :D
    - Sorry for the long post, but as my mom always told me: You've got help who's trying to help you. So i tried to write as many information as i could.
    -English is not my mother language, so please, be patient :D

Hey guys! well.. i've been trying to run
    PS2 ISOs in my PS3 Slim CECH-2012A Rebug 4.82.2 D-REX

Games i tried to load:

- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 4 (ISO)
    - Kingdom Hearts(ISO)
    - Call of Dutty 3 (PS2 classics Placeholder)

So, i loaded the ISOs first with Multiman. The game loaded fine, but at the middle of gameplay the PS3 biped and after sometime it turned off (With red light blinking), and then when i turned it on, it started to "overfan"(can't find the right word for that) but after sometime, it came back to normal.
    Then i loaded the ISOs with WEBman, and almost the same thing happened, but instead of turning off, the game just bricks, and when i returned to XMB, it started to "overfan" again.
    (in both methods, the games didn't seem to detect any memory card and had a lot of graphical glitches).

So i tried to run a game as a PS2 Classic (COD III), and it started with the good ol' "overfan", but things went back to normal. But the game runned at a very poor FPS (really, like 5fps sometimes) and eventually bricked, but this time, the whole ps3 was stuck, so i had to turn off and it delayed till the triple bip.

Some Hypothesis:
    - My external HD is actually a Notebook HDD with a cheap chinese case, i have some trouble with it even with Windows. The cable is USB to USB and pretty cheap as well, i have to place it in a certain way, and don't move a muscle or let air pass by while i'm transferring stuff, or else it just disconnect and my files get currupted... Happened twice, i lost almost 50gb :'( .. (But that's the way if you wanna budget ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).
    - I'm using a old version of reactPSN, but i don't believe it could be the problem for the ISO games.
    - Maybe it's because i'm using DEX, but it's not worth turning back untill i have your answer.

Some more information:
    - COBRA Mode: Enabled
    - ReactPSN 2.23 (for the Classics)

2. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

no guesses?

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk

3. 7,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Is setting of webman MOD that you are using, set fan speed for PS2 emulator in webman settings.

Nope, is just ps2 emulator in ps3 :D Look at link that i posted, if some of games you want to play mention "config", feel free to ask.

And she's right. :)
    Looking at link i posted. Naruto require config file, COD3 is basically unplayable, KH should work fine, but list can be wrong here as i remember some issue with tutorial, that can be fixed using config.

4. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

Wow! Thanks a lot Kozarovv! but there's still some things i would like to ask :D

But while running the game, the fan seems to work fine... the problem with "overfan" is when game crashes :(

Where do i find these config files?? ahhaha and how do i use them? (any tutorial link or something?)

But still, i can't make the game recognize any of the memory cards i created at XMB... is there anything i'm missing??
    (What's the point of playing KH without saving :D hahaha)

Again, thanks for your help :D

5. 7,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Are you asign those card? Highlight created card, and push triangle, then asign.

Maybe some temperatures problems.

https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/tree/master/pkgfiles/USRDIR/sys/CONFIG
    To use config you need to find your ps2 game ID, to do that open iso in winrar, and look for file SLES/SLUS XXXXX. This is your game id. There are 4 config folders, use them in this order NET > GX > Custom > Soft

To make config work:

Rename config EXACTLY like your iso, and add CONFIG extension (case sensitive)
    For example: Best ps2 game.iso --> Best ps2 game.iso.CONFIG
    Place config in PS2ISO folder
    Start game.

For some games you can use pcsx2 wiki to check game ID.

aldostools likes this.
  6. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

That's it! o forgot to assign!
    Thanks for your help :D!

Last question! what are the difference between this folders?

7. 7,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    • GX - Configs extracted from emulator used in semi BC consoles. Very good compatibility with games.
    • SOFT - Configs extracted from software emulator that Sony prepared for us before they realized that they can resale game again as classic. If config exist here, and in GX folder, you should probably select GX one. Soft one will be outdated, but if config exist only here, then select and try it.
    • NET - Configs extracted from official PS2 Classics from PS Store, best compatibility as configs are created for emu we are currently using
    • CUSTOM - Configs made by scene contributors, you can find here some configs for rare games.

Coldheart2236 and aldostools like this.
  8. 66
    Prosencrantz

Prosencrantz Member

wow that was useful! thank you!

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk

9. 14
    oxidehaxsmod

oxidehaxsmod Forum Noob

Self employed at modbrothersaus
    hey mate as I can see u are on the same as me dex on latest rebug allow webman in rebugtool box (its built in latestesst firmware for rebug) enable webman cobra mode don't fake nothing if u have the disc wack it in go to multiman go to game then go to create iso create that take disc out once done go to webman know go to ps2 if no games go to setup refresh html and refresh the other one then restart the go to ps2 in webman click on game close browser and should auto start if u need more help plzz feel free to join my modding page on face book modbrothersaus or oxidehaxs

10. 87
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Member

Sorry if this is an old thread but I'm new and I'm also having a problem loading ps2 games on DEX. I can get my PS3 to detect them and mount them, but when I try to launch them they just "black screen" and freeze my console... I've heard this happens if you have 1080p output but I have mine always set to 720p so it's not a video signal problem because my console flat out freezes. If i switch back to CEX all my games work fine. If anyone has a suggestion or solution please help, I appreciate it in advance. Thanks.

11. 7,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Your firmware is? Both Target ID, and kernel are DEX? Which VSH you are using (rebug mode, and xmb mode)? How you mount games? Do you use any spoofer?

insanetoker89 likes this.
  12. 1,695
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Is there any particular reason for checking the folders in that order? I'm just interested to know :) I do really like ManaGunZ, though, and it already has those folders built-in to v.1.33. I also prefer ManaGunZ's built-in file manager to other file managers that I've used.

13. 7,869
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    NET are configs created by $ony strictly for emulator that you are already using. GX are configs created by $ony for different emulator, so they won't include GS fixes. Custom are configs created by community, so not all of them are perfect. And in most situations GX config will be better to use, rare examples where this is not true are Snowblind engine games. Where combined custom + GX is best choice (you need to create it manually for now..). Soft are also $ony configs, but are mostly outdated. And should be used only if config for game not exist in other folder.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  14. 1,695
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Thank you for explaining the differences. That's useful to know.

15. 3,541
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    Just so you know webMAN was REMOVED from this version of REBUG, I am on the same Firmware. Its no longer integrated into the firmware. You have to use and app such as PSN Patch to install the Plugin or manually install webMAN but the Toolbox still allows for the handling of webMAN so you can still enable and disable the plugin through the Toolbox once I installed through PSN Patch.

Just so you know :D

16. 87
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Member

My firmware is Rebug 4.82.2 REX converted to DEX. Yes, both Target ID and kernel are in DEX. Not sure by "what vsh are you using" (still kinda new to this)... I use the latest webMAN mod to mount my games. I'm also using the latest SEN Enabler to spoof 4.83. If I switch to CEX all my games work fine, it's only in DEX that my PS2 games won't load and freeze my console if I try to launch them.

17. 3,980
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    My guess is because your spoofed to 4.83 through SEN Enabler which to my understanding still breaks PS2 playback, if @Evilnat has it working on CEX but not DEX then maybe he'll need to update to get it working

18. 87
    insanetoker89

insanetoker89 Member

I'm still spoofed to 4.83 if I switch to CEX where all my games work... And the latest SEN enabler works ok both CEX and DEX...

19. 3,541
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Home Page:
    If you are on REBUG Firmware there is no need to use a FW spoof. REBUG has one built into the firmware itself. I am on the same firmware and can still sign in without using SEN Enabler, I use PSN Patch. I could downgrade to 4.80.1 and still sign in on REBUG Firmware's and I was on this for almost 2 years till 4.82.2 D-REX was released this year and could always sign in.

Lots of people have there consoles setup is bizarre, mainly because they normally watch crap on YouTube from people who don't know what they are doing, but think they do and cause a lot of people problems. VSH on REBUG is if you have REBUG mode enabled or normal mode (Retail). in the Toolbox menu. And the XMB menu in the toolbox you can switch between Retail and Debug menu's. An also CEX QA and DEX.

In REBUG Toolbox enable REBUG mode, switch the XMB Mode to Debug, set XMB type to DEX, turn on Cobra Mode, set PS2 emulator to COBRA. I Have my target type as DEX, Level 2 Kernel CEX. (You get the best of both plus DEX level 2 kernal in this version is acutaly 4.81 not 4.82, the DEX OFW firmware needed to make the DEX level 2 kernal for REBUG was never leaked from [email protected])

Get rid of the spoof from SEN enabler as it will cause issues with the firmware's built in FW version spoofer, and let REBUG do the rest. As long as You have REBUG mode Enabled in the Toolbox it will always spoof your firmware version.

20. 13,044
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

bug? originally, spoofing broke hashes for the vsh.self when using cobra. afaik, cobra no longer needs this if modifying a file. plus, I think @Evilnat implemented a hash fixer in sen enabler anyway. however, I have seen some weird things happen with ps2 playback. my system, for example, unloads wmm after exiting a ps2 game requiring a reset to play anything else.