Problems with PSN games, both external install and remote play

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by bookdragon143, Apr 7, 2018.

1. 5
    bookdragon143

bookdragon143 Forum Noob

Hello,
    So I'm trying to get PSN games to work on remote play. I've been able to force isos to become remote play enabled, but I'm having issues with PSN games. I'm also having issues with games and the external gamedata option for webman.
    FYI, I have Rebug 4.82.2 Lite installed and the newest version of webman installed manually.
    I was able to install the PSN game just fine on hdd0, and reactPSN was easy too. Then when I deleted and tried reinstalling the game with the external gamedata option turned on that worked fine too.
    There are two separate issues that I'm having, I'm not sure if they are related.
    1. After turning the PS3 off and back on a couple times, the PSN game installed to external completely disappears from XMB and the only way I can find to make it reappear is to reinstall the package. Of course that means I have to unplug my external and reedit the param.sfo file again. So by restarting the PS3 again during the process, sometimes the game disappears. Is there an permanent option in webman I'm missing. I've been using the nice new toggle in the XMB menu for webman. Is there a different option I need to use to make things more permanent?
    2. So according to the section on remote play above, the database needs to be rebuilt in order for PSN games in order for the param.sfo to update so that it can work. I can confirmed that it didn't work when I tried without doing it. That was part of the reason I came her in the first place. The problem is, after rebuilding the database, I had to refresh webman and my PSN game was gone from XMB as well.
    So I seem to be stuck in a viscous cycle here, anyone have any ideas?

2. 12,226
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you have to reenable gamedata tool each time you restart the system. I'm not sure why games aren't appearing. the indexer has game hardcoded, so only the title id will show up inside of it. game data tool redirects the content to the gamei folder on an external hdd. however, it's still recorded as being in the game folder, so the content should still appear (at least the playstation controller icon image) when it's not enabled.

the PARAM.SFO is also updated by opening the game with the new variables. rebuilding the database works too I'm not sure what could've happened to your psn games. the indexer records the credentials of the PARAM.SFO. if that file is missing or corrupted, the content won't appear on the xmb.

bookdragon143 likes this.
  3. 5
    bookdragon143

bookdragon143 Forum Noob

Ok, so it seems that it was the param.sfo getting corrupted. When I install the game at the internal and then copied the file with irisman and it showed up when I enabled external gamedata.
    So, what's the best way to edit the param.sfo file when its installed onto the external? Just plugging it into the computer and using the sfo editor, or is there something that can do it on the ps3 itself?

4. 12,226
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

that's the only way I know of unless you want to use a hex editor. you can't change it from internal to external since it's hardcoded to read from the internal hdd. that's why you can't read from both drives at the same time.

5. 5
    bookdragon143

bookdragon143 Forum Noob

Ok, thank you for your help. I got the game to remote play so that's awesome. Now to start testing other games! Hopefully I don't get things corrupted anymore, but at least now I know what to do if that happens.