PS3 PS1 Classics not working on PS3 HAN 4.84 (Error 80028F17)

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by DarkRukkurt, Apr 26, 2019.

1. 3
    DarkRukkurt

DarkRukkurt Forum Noob

Greetings everyone.

I'm new here in PSX-Place and i'm posting this because I really need a big help for this problem. I searched everywhere for any solution to this without success.

The problem is that every PS1 classic game I legally own from PSN (I even made some PS1 PKGs converted games from psx_classics, TrueAncestor PKG Repacker v2.45, and rifgen pkg signer) can't start.
    I can run the game but only to see a black screen flashing like 3 times (I think it has something to do with the resolution change tho) and after that it returns to the PS3 XMB with this error (An error ocurred during the start operation (80028F17)). I try to run the games with and without enabling HAN, it doesn't change anything.

The PS1 classics I legally own obviously worked before I installed HAN. I had this error since HAN 4.82, and nothing changed after I updated to 4.84.
    These are the games I legally own:
    - Grandia
    - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
    - Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
    - Chrono Trigger

And these are the PKGs I created for testing:

- Alundra 2: A new legend begins
    - Star Ocean: The second story

All of them are US Region, the same as for my PS3.

And that's all I know, I hope anyone can help me because I really want to beat Chrono Trigger :'(

And sorry if I have mispelled something wrong, i'm not a native speaker, but i tried my best explaining my problem.

2. 189
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

This could be caused by many things so you'll need to verify a few things first to find the cause. Let's make a start:

-Do you start those games from your HAN user account or the user account that actually bought those games?
    -Did you buy those games before updating to 4.82?
    -Was your console already on 4.82 before HAN installation?

3. 3
    DarkRukkurt

DarkRukkurt Forum Noob

Hey there, thanks for replying, I actually managed to get my created PKGs work fine, I tested Alundra 2, Star Ocean and Driver 2 and they run perfectly. I did this by replacing my old act.dat and idps.hex files with new ones from the dumper in the rif signer folder, so i re-signed every game that didn't work with the new files and now I can finally play these games. But my owned games still didn't work, so here i'll reply those questions.

1 - The original account that bought those games has been lost by my brother, so I have that problem with every other user account, and I have only one "HAN only" user.

2 - Yes, I bought those games even before at the time I lost all hope for PS3 super slim hacking. (Even before I knew HAN exsited).

3 - Nope, i bought my PS3 on 2014, I made many sistem updates to it until I got to 4.82. I discovered HAN last year and then decided to unlock it with it.

Let me know if i'm being too vague explaining this and thanks for your time helping this n00b.

4. 189
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

Things got a whole lot easier tonight because of HEN. If the games are still installed on the ps3 you should be able to extract your licence files (with ftp) and resign them. Then install the resigned files back on the ps3 and your games should work. This was already possible with han (except for the ftp part) but tedious.

DarkRukkurt likes this.
  5. 131
    Unfamed

Unfamed Member

Have you tried starting the games you own without enabling HAN?

6. 3
    DarkRukkurt

DarkRukkurt Forum Noob

Welp, I managed to resign all of my owned PS1 games, I expected it to be tedious in any way, but I finally made it, my problem is finally solved, now I can continue Chrono Trigger. :0

I really appreciate your help and sorry for stealing some of your time for solving this problem.
    Thanks!

As I said "I try to run the games with and without enabling HAN, it doesn't change anything.". I don't know exactly why the games suddenly got this error after installing HAN but now I fixed it so there's no problem now.
    Anyways thanks for replying!