PS3 PS2 Classic GUI v2.2.2 (for PS3 by Aldostools) updated w/ Auto-Suggest Configs & DVD9 Support

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by STLcardsWS, Jun 23, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Jun 23, 2018 at 12:36 PM
  1. 7,921
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS2 Classic GUI is a useful utility for an exploited PS3 Console by either CFW or HAN, this utility makes converting your PS2 Games into PS2 Classic format a breeze and as more and more discoveries are made we see more updates provided for the popular utility created by @aldostools. The release of v2.2.2 comes to us today with a discovery that expands the game compatibility by now supporting PS2 Games that are in DVD9 format. Recently we seen @kozarovv figured out an issue when trying to help get an English Patch for Final Fantasy XII IZSJ Working, Not only was a solution found but a guide was written as well >> Running PS2 DVD9 games on HAN/CFW . Then to make the process even easier now developer Aldostools has incorporated the needed changes into the PS2 Classic Utility (for PS3) while adding a few other features like an AUTO-SUGGEST features for PS2 Configs which seen support added in v2.1

ps2classicd.png

• Version 2.2.2 Changelog:

• Added support for DVD9 (thanks to kozarovv)
      • Fixed "Invalid number of arguments for encryption"
      • Auto-suggest CONFIG (detect first maching file in CONFIGS folder)

• List of known DVD9 Games:

• 24: The Game
      • 50 Cent: Bulletproof
      • ATV Offroad Fury 4
      • Band Hero
      • Champions of Norrath
      • Dynasty Warriors 6
      • Forbidden Siren 2
      • Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
      • God of War
      • God of War II
      • Gran Turismo 4
      • Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
      • Guitar Hero 5
      • Guitar Hero: Metallica
      • Guitar Hero Smash Hits
      • Guitar Hero: Van Halen
      • Guitar Hero World Tour
      • The Guy Game
      • Kessen III
      • The Lord of the Rings: Futatsu no Tou
      • Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition
      • Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
      • Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
      • Pride of the Dragon Peace
      • Rock Band
      • Rock Band 2
      • Rogue Galaxy
      • Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut
      • Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni
      • Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
      • Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
      • School Days LxH
      • Siren
      • SingStar Bollywood
      • Susu Yatoto: The Video Game
      • Train Simulator: Keisei, Toei Asakusa, Keikyu Line
      • Train Simulator: Kyushu Shinkansen
      • Wild Arms: Alter Code F
      • Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
      • Xenosaga: Episode I Reloaded
      • Yakuza 2
      • Ying Hua Da Zhan: Chi Re Zhi Xie

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    ErikPshat, rocknard, Zazenora and 8 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by STLcardsWS, Jun 23, 2018.

1. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Nice work @aldostools ,thanks for getting it to feed @STLcardsWS . To be honest i missed 2.2.2 release, last i saw was 2.2.1. : )
      Zazenora and STLcardsWS like this.
    2. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      If Homebrew apps for PS2 can be run on HAN through PS2 emulation, why not make multiman for PS2 and run it on HAN through PS2 emulation? I know this sounds stupid but I am a noob
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Ps2 emulation is limited to.. ps2 emulation. What you are calling multiman for ps2, will be able to run DVD9 discs with few ps2 games in best case. So actually something that we can do without it.
    4. EddieEddie90
      EddieEddie90
      Should have added the option to include a .pnach file for the ps2 iso, to make it widescreen.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      @aldostools looks like there is a issue similar to "Invalid number of arguments for encryption" , but it occurs when packaging ISO.BIN.ENC that is in problematic folder (many spaces, (), -, etc.). Package is created, but ISO.BIN.ENC is not there, so it weight 100kb. After moving ISO.BIN.ENC to root of hdd, package was created successfully.

Edit: Win 10 x64.
      Is impossible. pnach have only memory offset, and code that will be patched. While ps3 require memory offset, code that will be patched + original code from game. Is not possible to do this in app like this.
      aldostools likes this.
    6. aldostools
      aldostools
      Thanks again for your feedback. Please test if this build fixes the remaining issue.
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/urakpa
      ErikPshat likes this.
    7. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      Oh. Well why not design multiman for the ps2 in such a way that it works with Ps3 games?
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      multiMAN is a PS3 app. You can not magically create a PS3 app and turn it into a PS2 app. There is no porting it , a 100% re-write would be needed and your running a HOMEBREW through Emulation. Your going to have tons of limitation for an app that has as much system access as something like multiMAN. The PS2 Homebrew also is going to be isolated to the PS2 enviorment itself as the PS3 actually goes into a PS2 mode and is cut off from the PS3 environment. CFW user's know this well as you have to set your internal fan settings prior to entering into PS2 as there is no way within PS2 mode to control this as the PS3 resources are cut off

Simply put this would not work for many reasons, while i do like the idea and thought behind the idea, its just not feasible iMO
      kozarovv and aldostools like this.
    9. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Because is impossible.

This version worked fine. :) Anyway my AV is yelling about win32 evo gen, which is common false detection for make_package_npdrm (at least on my pc ;) ).
      Normally i don't care, but this can make noobs live harder, instead of making it easier. I use Avast on default settings, and it aggressively locked sendspace direct link, and RIGHT after turning on "shield" again, deleted main executable.

So with this version user need to manually exclude file, and url before downloading. This can be too much for some users. :(
      aldostools likes this.
    10. aldostools
      aldostools
      I can't do much about psn_package_npdrm.exe (it is required by the tool). Anyway I repacked the rar as zip and uploaded it to mediafire. I hope this help to make it easier to download.
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/36w1y6l2h5ewbqq/ps2classics_GUI_2.2.3.zip deleted
      Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
      STLcardsWS, mr_ota and kozarovv like this.
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Yes, now at least i can download it. My suggestion is to keep 2.2.2 and 2.23 links alive, as in worst case user can use 2.2.2 as this one seems to be clean for AV (no idea why).
    12. aldostools
      aldostools
      Previous links are alive and listed in this post:
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/running-ps2-dvd9-games-on-han.18560/#post-127593

Regarding the false positive reported by your AV, I don't have idea either. I only compiled a new build and added it to the previous rar/zip.
      mr_ota and kozarovv like this.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Interesting, i will try to look more into it after F1 race that is starting right now ;)
      aldostools likes this.
    14. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Funny stuff, Avast is complaining about UPX :D Why only in this version? Looking at analyzes below, seems that only Avast, and AVG heuristic are affected (+2 unknowns). I asked Avast to whitelist file, maybe they will agree.

Previous GUI executable: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/9...1f72ca56cf643d5618d6140dce3244b9558/detection

Current GUI executable: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/6...e055f29ac1ce3b176a5e16150bd81f8c599/detection

Is funny because it seems that your environment use same version, and same attributes for both compression tasks. @aldostools

Anyway, i think there is nothing you can do with that. So it will be better to report file to add to whitelist on AV engines. ;)

Edit: Oh, looks like mf blocked file :( Dumb heuristic...
      mr_ota and aldostools like this.
    15. ElvisTek
      ElvisTek
      Nice, but "detects" the first matching config file? i mean checks the first config file that exists or a recommended or optimum?

Anyway thank you very much.
    16. aldostools
      aldostools
      It detects the first config file that it finds in the configs folder, not necessarily a recommended or optimum one.

It will be the optimum one if there is only one ;)
      mr_ota likes this.
    17. ElvisTek
      ElvisTek
      Nice, i'll give it a try. "this text worth a thumbs up emoticon"I don't find that emoticon.
      And thanks again.
      aldostools likes this.
    18. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Like button can do similar job ;)
      aldostools likes this.
    19. mr_ota
      mr_ota
      I'm a HAN user, I have not tried a DVD9 but I guess it will work too. I have tried Final Fantasy IZJS Spanish patch, works perfect except for the defect of the repeated sound. This afternoon I try my backup of god of war 2, and I'll tell you. Thank you very much and great job @aldostools and @kozarovv.
      kozarovv and aldostools like this.