PS3 PS2 Classic GUI v2.2.2 (for PS3 by Aldostools) updated w/ Auto-Suggest Configs & DVD9 Support

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by STLcardsWS, Jun 23, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Jun 23, 2018 at 12:36 PM
  1. 8,702
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PS2 Classic GUI is a useful utility for an exploited PS3 Console by either CFW or HAN, this utility makes converting your PS2 Games into PS2 Classic format a breeze and as more and more discoveries are made we see more updates provided for the popular utility created by @aldostools. The release of v2.2.2 comes to us today with a discovery that expands the game compatibility by now supporting PS2 Games that are in DVD9 format. Recently we seen @kozarovv figured out an issue when trying to help get an English Patch for Final Fantasy XII IZSJ Working, Not only was a solution found but a guide was written as well >> Running PS2 DVD9 games on HAN/CFW . Then to make the process even easier now developer Aldostools has incorporated the needed changes into the PS2 Classic Utility (for PS3) while adding a few other features like an AUTO-SUGGEST features for PS2 Configs which seen support added in v2.1

ps2classicd.png

• Version 2.2.2 Changelog:

• Added support for DVD9 (thanks to kozarovv)
      • Fixed "Invalid number of arguments for encryption"
      • Auto-suggest CONFIG (detect first maching file in CONFIGS folder)

• List of known DVD9 Games:

• 24: The Game
      • 50 Cent: Bulletproof
      • ATV Offroad Fury 4
      • Band Hero
      • Champions of Norrath
      • Dynasty Warriors 6
      • Forbidden Siren 2
      • Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
      • God of War
      • God of War II
      • Gran Turismo 4
      • Gran Turismo Concept: 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
      • Guitar Hero 5
      • Guitar Hero: Metallica
      • Guitar Hero Smash Hits
      • Guitar Hero: Van Halen
      • Guitar Hero World Tour
      • The Guy Game
      • Kessen III
      • The Lord of the Rings: Futatsu no Tou
      • Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition
      • Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
      • Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
      • Pride of the Dragon Peace
      • Rock Band
      • Rock Band 2
      • Rogue Galaxy
      • Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut
      • Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni
      • Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
      • Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme Legends
      • School Days LxH
      • Siren
      • SingStar Bollywood
      • Susu Yatoto: The Video Game
      • Train Simulator: Keisei, Toei Asakusa, Keikyu Line
      • Train Simulator: Kyushu Shinkansen
      • Wild Arms: Alter Code F
      • Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
      • Xenosaga: Episode I Reloaded
      • Yakuza 2
      • Ying Hua Da Zhan: Chi Re Zhi Xie

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by STLcardsWS, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Killer Bunny
      Killer Bunny
      Thanks for the answer. I had no knowledge of this.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    2. mr_ota
      mr_ota
      I have tested my backup of god of war 2 with the CONFIG file of the GX folder, and it works perfectly, it is confirmed that with HAN it also works perfect. Thanks and best regards.
      STLcardsWS, kozarovv and aldostools like this.
    3. Days3991
      Days3991
      someone have the configuration for xenosaga episode 1 or the game alredy converted (pkg)
    4. roadieroundup
      roadieroundup
      Does someone have a clean PIC0 image? like this but without the text

Attached Files:

• PIC0.PNG
        PIC0.PNG
        File size:
        115.6 KB
        Views:
    5. Gav3n
      Gav3n
      Hi guys, I have a problem, Idk if you guys could help me a bit.
      When I install ps2 pkg's, I get error 80029564 (With han enabled) and error 80029567 (with han debug pkg), I do the steps to make the pkg properly but still get the error.
      The error occur when the installation get to 14%
      What could it be?
    6. Berion
      Berion
      Took me 5 minutes to reproduce attached bg. As font is original? Because it is ugly Arial Bold and Arial Regular with titanic also ugly shadow. ;p It is almost perfect (needs to font height adjustment).

ps2_classic_PIC0_preview.png ps2_classic_PIC0_empty.png

Attached Files:

DeViL303, kozarovv and roadieroundup like this.
    7. Gav3n
      Gav3n
      Update: I was trying to add a config into the pkg, but I wasn't doing it properly, that caused both errors. Mainly because i put the config into the USRDIR folder, but I did that because the ps2 classics gui dint add them automatically when i choose the config, so now the problem is: How do i add the config to the game?
    8. roadieroundup
      roadieroundup
      Thanks!
    9. Gav3n
      Gav3n
      I managed to fix my errors, the iso and config of the game must have the exact same name.
      Also theres a "CONFIG" file that must be with the iso and Game.config file in the USRDIR folder (to recognice the config), idk why but when I was making he pkg it was created outside of the folder, so I had to create a second time a pkg to put that file.
      Now all its allright.
      Autolearning and testing is usefull lol
      atreyu187 likes this.
    10. Hermet
      Hermet
      Help! It seems that I have a compatibility problem, try several versions of this program but when choosing the .iso / .bin the program will crash and close. I tried it with Half-life PAL and Sonic. The closest thing to fixing it was to drag the .iso but the "Encrypt" button was still disabled. Thanks for the effort!
    11. sephiroth1993
      sephiroth1993
      So now with the V2.2.3 the issue with the FFXII international blablabla is fixed or i need to follow the guide from @kozarovv? I ask that cuz i was about to convert the patched version of the same game, cassualities of life..
    12. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      Hye guys I think I succesfully made a pkg of gran turismo and champion of norrath, both ps2 dvd9 games.
      But on gran turismo, I cant use the 1080i option, it distorts my tv screen, does this happen to someone else? is this normal on the ps3 classics?
    13. SSJPuttyEater
      SSJPuttyEater
      I get error in PS2 Classics GUI when adding LIMG sector, any ideas? what dependencies this program have?
    14. Berion
      Berion
      @SSJPussyEater Error messages have their content. You cannot say it displaying error because this is completely useless information. ;p Paste here content or screenshot or just call the seer...

@aldostools Often used MSVCR (but my memory could be faulty ;p) and those libs are always missing in his releases (because they are on MS site). So *maybe* this is Your problem or *maybe* mixing 32 and 64bit libs or *maybe* You disc image in not proper.
      Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
      atreyu187 likes this.
    15. SSJPuttyEater
      SSJPuttyEater

it deosn't have any content it just says error