PS2 games on HFW/HEN

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Scottxwire, Jun 11, 2019.

1. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

noob here. I have a slim PS2 got HFW han and HEN installed along with mutliman, irisman and managunz thank you all for the help.
    Now i wanna try running some PS2 games. Tried a few diff methods usings video tutorials, FTP transfers etc etc. anyway worked but didnt work.
    Can anbody post a guide, or link to help me get these to work properly for my HEN HFW slim ps3. Big thanks!!

2. 2
    Guilherme_INFR

Guilherme_INFR Forum Noob

3. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

I just updated my ps3 yesterday to the latest HEN and webman and some other app are now fuctional. Ill give that guide a go

4. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

Not a darn thing.
    Updates to new hen
    Multiman work anymore
    Followed the guide step for step
    Mount the game to place holder
    The xmb just restarts
    I try running placeholder by itself and the tetris game wont come up
    As far as playing ps2 games im just about brain dead

5. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Try the ps2classics method. The games will install as pkg's to your XMB and all you'd need to do to launch them is enable HAN / HEN.

I initially followed this tutorial, was pretty straight forward on the ps2 part. https://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-convert-psx-ps2-psp-games-for-ps3xploit-3-0-han.16690/

Make sure you install the placeholder. I think I might have resigned mine, don't really remember but it's worked like a charm for about a year now. To clear up any uncertainty, that method will work the same on HEN. Also, do not resign the "iso.bin.enc" as stated in that tutorial, just resign the pkg.

6. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

Thanks!
    Ill give this a shot next
    Ive followed so many tutorials but every single one has got he some exp with a program and a step closer.
    Ill post my results soon.
    Big thanks again

7. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

Wooooo!! Big thanks and much love!
    Got my game to work!
    What i did.
    1) grabbed my iso and ran it thru psclassic gui to encrypt = iso.bin.enc.bin.enc file
    2)renamed the file to iso.bin.enc
    3) grabbed the iso.bin.enc file and ran it thru psclassic gui click the make pkg tab and made it into a pkg file
    4) grabbed my new pkg file, act, idps and rap file (found in sce tools rap folder) and placed those in the Resigner tool folders
    5) start the resigner and when finished gave me a rif and resigned pkg file
    6) used ftp transfer to send to ps3
    7) initialzed and enabled han exit browser
    8) installed those 2 files and boom!!!!
    Worked!!
    Idk if i was supped to do the the han enable process but i had never done that step before or if it was the previous game that was bad (marvel vs capcom 2)
    Anyway my mortal kombat deception game is playing, looking and loading freaking amazing
    Like instant lightning fast load times.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Also forgot enabled hen to before playing it

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  8. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Cool beans glad you were able to figure it out! You do need to enable HAN / HEN before launching them, and you will also need to re enable after quitting whatever ps2 game since launching ps2 classics seems to kinda reset the system in a way.

Some games will have glitches or not really work though, it's the compromise for not having a true BC console. You can check here for more info on some games, that way you don't end up blindly installing games that may not work right. https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

9. 1,079
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you could also try to patch the iso's with ps2 patch engine and pnatch files for widescreen hack from web or pscx2 emulator if you like 16:9 aspect ratio.it doesn't just strech the image like ps3 emu,most of the games benefit and look quite nice.

i'd suggest first patching them before anything else you do for HEN.

10. 223
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Would doing that make the game look just as good if not better as it does with "smoothing" enabled? I usually leave it disabled since it seems to cost a few extra FPS on games that already are pretty laggy by nature. The games do look great with smoothing enabled though :\

11. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

Thanks alot!!!:triumphant:
    All noted!

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  12. 1,079
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

@Major_Pothead92

lag in my opinion that i can't back up has more to do with ps2 emu version than smoothing or anything else,although i am on cfw on my system there are couple of games that are working noticeably better on gx_emu (partialBC in hardware) than on ps2emu (full software emu that's on all HEN models).i guess you can try with config files for ps2 games on ps3 to squeeze more performance that are posted here on the forum or ones included in managunz but to be clear i don't have system with HEN so i don't know how that would work with all of the ps2 classics and rip/raff stuff...

ws hacks and smoothing have nothing in common.smoothing is just really nice soft filter that soften the rough and sharp edges and low res textures in ps2 games.ws hacks is trying to get true 16:9 aspect ratio from game engine and you should be able to see more of the game image and information.on my system there's no real performance penalty with both smoothing and ws hack,although my testing is quite limited to be honest (mostly Silent Hill series and other horror games).

13. 33
    Scottxwire

Scottxwire Forum Noob

Maybe you can patch games and install on han/hen for performance but as far as installing any emu to help run games i think thats not really a option. We pretty limited compared to cfw