PS3 PS2 ISOS OR CLASSICS BLACKSCREEN

Discussion in 'PS1/PS2/PSP on PS3' started by HUNKSURVIVORX, Jul 21, 2019.

1. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

I have the newest CFW Rebug 4.84.2, I used to boot my ps2 ISOS with multiman and managunz but 3 days ago I only get a black screen and my console just freeze. Already formatted the harddrive, installed Rebug with multiman, webman and managunz and I can't make the ps2 games run. Tried the ps2 classics launcher method but I get the same result. Already switched cobra enabler on and off several times but My ps3 slim just won't boot the PS2 ISOS. Can you give me some help please?

2. 945
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Try booting into the recovery menu and rebuild the database, to see if that fixes the issue. If not, try then restoring the file system as well.

3. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Have you tried toggeling REBUG mode in the Toolbox? Don't know if it would really make a difference but its worth a shot.

4. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

Yeah I did it but no difference, people says the games could be running but my TV signal won't handle it at all, then how can they explain the controller LED going off.? When I did a fresh reinstall the games tried to boot, even my tv got a half of a second saying something like ???x 650i resolution then no signal. and my wired controller turned off. Thanks for any suggestion you could give me.

5. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

that's normal behaviour.i'm not even in the same country as my ps3's so i'm speaking from memory but in settings there's option to turn on scaling and fullscreen for ps2 games and that should force ps3 to upscale ps2 games from 480i to at least 720p.

it's pretty uncommon that display doesn't support 480i that's native for ps2 games even on ps3 but i guess it's possible.

quick way to check is to simply try on other display.

6. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

The PS controller will turn off anyways when the PS3 boots into PS2 mode, then a pop up will tell you when to press the PS button again so thats normal. How have you got your TV setup to the PS3 throught the AV SD coneection or through HDMI?

7. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

COMPONENT CABLE, I have no access to the original V/A cables and the HDMI port is dead, got it for 40 bucks so how can I reject such offer in Mexico lol, when I bought this ps3 slim model, it came with 4.83 OFW firmware,I installed the old fashion 4.84 HFW, HAN exploit then flashed the NOR memory, after that I finally installed CFW REBUG 4.84.1, the PS2 ISOS used to load with multiman just fine and sweet months ago, after that I installed MANAGUNZ to improve the emulatrion quality, still works, then I installed webman mod to keep my console fresh with the fan controller,I played all my ps3-ps1 titles for months but when I tried to play a PS2 ISO one week ago, BLACK SCREEN-controlled led turns off.

Searching a lot of tutorials in internet but nothing worked, I reseted my console to factory settings wiping everything even my hard earned ps2 memory cards I ported from PCSX2, reinstalled REBUG, the toolbox, installed multiman and tried to boot the PS2 ISO = Black Screen, installed managunz and tried to boot the PS2 ISO = BLACK SCREEN, Installed WEBMANMOD and try to boot the games with the config PKG it provides= BLACK SCREEN. converted a PS2 ISO to bin.enc and boot it from PS2 CLASSICS LAUNCHER =BLACKSCREEN, rebuilding database does not fix anything, Tried to emulate with COBRA ON AND OFF, no results,is my ps3 finally kicking the bucket or did something wrong?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  8. 5,035
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Have you tryed to restrict the video output modes to only components ?
    I mean... in XMB settings column... there is an icon that shows a list of video modes... you should try to uncheck all them and keep only components enabled

Im mentioning this because incase you have several enabled... maybe the PS3 is going to choose the best of them (HDMI i guess) when it reboots into PS2 mode

9. 3,144
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

First, make sure that your PS2 ISO is a valid ISO (you can test it in PC with PCSX2) and that the ISO is stored in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
    You will get a black screen if you try to mount a PS2 ISO from a USB drive, SD or memory stick.

Also make sure that Cobra is turned ON for PS2 ISO. If the problem persists, try reinstalling Rebug 4.84.2

If your PS2 game was converted to PS2 Classics, you have 2 ways to launch it:
    1- Install the PKG created with PS2 Classics GUI and launch the game directly from XMB
    2- Copy the .BIN.ENC to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO then use webMAN MOD, ManaGunZ or multiMAN (not mmCM) to mount it.
    You will need the PS2 Classics Launcher to start the .BIN.ENC

If you use webMAN MOD to mount your .BIN.ENC, it is recommended to also install the PS2CONFIG.pkg

It is important that the .BIN.ENC started with the PS2 Classics Launcher be encrypted with the universal key included in PS2 Classics GUI, and that you have installed the RAP for PS2 Classics Launcher

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  10. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

Checked all my ISOS are stored in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO, launched them with multiman, managunz and webmanmod with PS2CONFIG.pkg= black screen and controller led turned off.
    Reinstalled rebug 4.84.2 and tried again = black screen and controller led turned off
    Mounted the BIN.ENC game and launched it with ps2 classics launcher = blackscreen and controller led turned off
    Created a pkg file with ps2 classics gui, installed it and launched it directly from XMB = black screen and controlled led turned off.

Oh man this is so frustrating :´c.

11. 5,602
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Put an ISO unencrypted in PS2ISO then open multiMAN. Go to the far left and go into standard mode not mMCM mode. Then go back to the Retro column and fresh so you So you see your ISO. Click it and now multiMAN will start to convert your image.

Once this is done if a CONFIG is needed you have to rename the ISO.BIN.ENC the same name as the CONFIG. I will use Castlevanina for an example as I know it off the top of my head.

Change ISO.BIN.ENC to look like this

dev_hdd0:/PS2ISO/Castlevanina Curse of Darkness [SLUS_211.68]/SLUS_211.68.ISO.BIN.ENC

Once this is done it will ensure the CONFIG is used with the proper naming and the image is also converted and named correctly. Then go to webMAN and refresh you Game XML then go into Remote Play then press O to exit back to the XMB. Then go mount the newly converted and named image with webMAN. From there launch the game via PS2 Classics Manager. The system will boot into PS2 Classics mode. The controller will turn off as this happens all the time. You should see the PlayStation 2 logo and the game should boot up.

Do this and report back if you had success. I helped a guy the other day that had similar issues.

12. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

followed the steps and opened the the classis manager, I got a 1080pi black screen and my console refused to turn off, had to unplug it after 2 mins and then it won't boot anymore, my console is now bricked, thanks for the help tho lol.
    Update: had to remove the HDD and reinsert it again. and the system works, tried a second time to boot that encrypted ISO with classics manager, 1080pi black screen and nothing happens X_X. Not sure if unplug the console again since the turning off button does not work again.
    Update 2: had to press the power button once and the system turned off, and rebooted fine, switched my resolution to 720p, launched the encrypted ISO but black screen forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2019
  13. 5,602
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    First nothing you do is going to brick your console. I would never suggest anything that may without giving a heads up it MIGHT. And secondly don't use Classics Manager it will do just as you said. That's my bad I meant to say use Classics Launcher. Sorry for that but I'll help you get this sorted bud ok. So can you also tell me what you renamed the ISO.BIN.ENC to? And make sure it was done with multiMAN not on the PC or using an existing one. I'll be back to help ASAP I'm just with my kid at the soccer field I haven't disappeared. Just trying to get some dad time in before school starts back.

14. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

Ok I converted the ISO with multiman into classic format, my ISO route is this one: dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/AirBlade[SLUS_203.46]/SLUS_203.46.ISO.BIN.ENC this game does not need a config file according to compatibility chart.

Mounted the ISO with webman, opened ps2 classics placeholder = my tv blinked once, then a second time, BLACKSCREEN and I cannot turn off the console with one click, I had to press the button until the console turned off, is my ps3 hardware finally giving up?

15. 3,144
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

You said that you're using Rebug 4.84.2... you don't need to convert the game to PS2 Classics. Just put the ISO in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO and it should work...

16. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

That's what I used to do after converting my HFW console to CFW rebug, it worked a few months booting PS2ISOS from multiman-managunz but I only get black screens since last week. X_X. Not sure what happened to my console.

aldostools likes this.
  17. 5,602
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I had this issue some time ago with Rebug 4.30 and I think @pinky had it as well. Unfortunately the exact thread I had the fix on has been lost on PSX-Scene. Mine did the same as well used to work find then would go to black screen and freeze. I'm trying to see if I can find it as I can't recall just how I fixed it as 4.30 was oh so long ago and it was something odd I did and it fixed it for me and a few others.

Edit!!

Ok so found how I fixed this issue a while back after digging through countless post and search engines not helping at all. Anyhow try this and let me know if they start working again.

SOLUTION

SOLVED
    After hours of trying to get this working, szczuru suggested deleting xregistry then resetting system settings. Fixes the error completely.

How to:
    1) FTP + Navigate to dev_flash2 > etc and delete xregistry.sys, also delete the one in the "backup" folder. (I suggest making a backup of this file)
    2) Go to settings > System Settings > Restore System Defaults and do this

Once restored it should recover your accounts but add a * before them.
    Remove the * on aa and run reactpsn again to reactive your content.

18. 29
    HUNKSURVIVORX

HUNKSURVIVORX Forum Noob

Deleted the xregistry.sys and backup, restored system defaults, I got a blue screen with a lot of languages saying the settings were corrupted and press X, did it, my screen went back to 480pi, tried to open an ISO i always used to play with managunz, black screen, then the screen blinked yellow and black screen forever, tried with multiman booting the iso: black screen, then the screen blinked yellow and black screen forever,
    Booting the ISO using webmanmod with the config.pkg installed: black screen then the screen blinked yellow once and black screen forever.

Oh man did the RSX just semi burnt?

19. 2,538
    Cypher_CG89

BSOD > Blue Screen of Death ... thats what you got after deleting the xregistry.sys as the PS3 thought the sys settings were corrupted.

20. 5,602
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Again NONE of this has the capability to harm your system. Aside from the help I have provided we have tried everything known to fix am issue. Aside from having a bad dump or HDD issues I have no idea.