PS2 & PSP = Forums, Sub-Forums, & Site Resources/Downloads Sections are now FULLY open for business!

Discussion in 'Site Rules & Announcements' started by UniqueUserName, Sep 29, 2016.

1. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    ATTENTION COMMUNITY:
    (UPDATED: 2-12-2018)

= PS2 & PSP =
    (Forums, Sub-Forums, and Site-Resources)
    ...are now FULLY open for business...

All of the Main-Forums & Sub-Forums, of both these consoles, have been completely reworked over the past few days...
    Please give any feedback you may have? :)
    Seriously, how do they look?

IF our Community likes what they see, and we get some good feedback on this, I will move onto revamping the other sections of the site as well, within the next few weeks.
    ...IF NOT, then meh, back to testing/gaming perhaps...

Also, EVERY-single-Download, in our entire PS2/PSP Resource-Inventory, has been re-checked for dead-links, and re-uploaded if needed (some with upgraded content for your pleasure)... :D
    Including: higher DPI/resolution CoverArt/BackGroundArt, more detailed instructions, more information in general, more TABby-Goodness (when additional-content was available), and ohh sooo much more. ;)

So, go check stuff out, because the PS2 and PSP Forums, Sub-Forums, and Resources ARE BOOMING!!

NOTE TO COMMUNITY:
    Even as detailed as most of these resources now are, I still feel we could use more of them, so if anyone has anything they would like to share links to, or even upload themselves if they like, please feel free to post it up or upload your fingers off. ;)
    ...as well as any resoures you would like to see hosted here.

For our "Tapatalk" friends pleasure, I have also added the full content of all the Resource Articles (the ones that I personally maintain), into each "Download-Notifications" Threads "Snippet" (the "click to expand" part) as well...

...ALL Tabs, Images, and Information has been now included there. :D
    ...This is for those of you, whom cannot actually view our Sites-Resources-Section.

Enjoy!

-UniqueUserName @ PSX-SCENE @ PSX-PLACE

Thank You, for your continued support, from ALL the Staff here at PSX-PLACE!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. 7,538
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I'm really happy that we have "PS2 guy" here. I always felt that psx-place is lack of some knowledgeable person that known current ps2 scene (sorry guys :bandicoot:). I stopped somewhere in 2007 with my ps2 knowledge (and i had some small episodes meantime), and later projects are too new for me. I'm even not aware of some current abilities that ps2 have with new homebrews. And that resource section you made with own hands, just awesome. I just want to say thanks @UniqueUserName ! :victorious:

3. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

I feel the same way.
    Great stuff...

STLcardsWS and UniqueUserName like this.
  4. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    Thanks everyone...

@kozarovv
    If there is anything you would like to know, feel free to pic my brain ;)
    ... I actually have an all-in-one package that I put down when I came here and havent had the time to pick it back up to finish, but it will be the end all be all of PS2 NOOBS DREAMS COME TRUE... for sure... coming soon I hope ...

Check out the CHANGELOG in this LINK to get a better idea of what I mean, and keep in mind I didnt list everything ;) :
    http://www.psx-place.com/resources/opl-theme-theme-ucit-aka-split-screen-by-uniqueusername.376/

STLcardsWS likes this.
  5. 1,332
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

What can done without a mod chip? I have an original phat model, I have the ps3 card reader that you plug in via USB to use gamesaves from ps1 and 2 on ps3. Isnt that all that's needed for fmcb? Don't have the hard drive adapter from the final fantasy online game, is there a workaround?

6. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    I dont have a PS3 or the dongle you speak of, but if you can put FMCB on a memory card, or atleast uLE >FMCBInstaller you should be fine... If you dont have the network adaptor you will be limited to USB (no ETH/SMB or HDD without Adaptor), but the USB is much improved these days and runs most games fine... Id say 80-85% are fully playable, but the loading screen and FMVs will be @USB1.1 speeds so you may experience stuttering... Grab from the PS2 link in the first post (from PS2 resources), FMCB, uLE WIP7, and OPL 0.9.3 and if you need help setting it all up correctly I can help... the OPL is pretty self explanatory once you set it to AUTO mode in settings for USB (as long as the USB device is plugged while you do it, OPL will auto-create all the folder you need on USB). DragNdrop CD-ISOs to CD folder and DVD-ISOs to DVD folder, art>art, etcetera... :D If you like big coverart try my OPL theme too if you like... Theme uCit aka Split Screen, that I made so my 90 year old grandmother could see everything clearly from her couch and as basic and clear looking interface as possible ;) My next theme will be epic compared to that one :) Virtual Memory Card feature in OPL is awesome!!

nCadeRegal likes this.
  7. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You have *original* memory card adaptor, You can install FMCB from PC side (but no one test drivers on Windows newer than 7 so It's possible that they not work on crapware like Windows 8+ ;)).

You can find installator in AIO Project or psx-scene.

8. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    Here is a treat for all you PSP NOOBS out there...

I just finally had time to finish the three month old project today :) :D
    You will need both downloads for this package, and to read the Tutorial TAB...
    Enjoy!

PSP CFW (NOOB Friendly Edition) 6.60 PRO C2

http://www.psx-place.com/resources/psp-cfw-noob-friendly-edition-6-60-pro-c2-1of2-cfw.378/

http://www.psx-place.com/resources/psp-cfw-noob-friendly-edition-6-60-pro-c2-2of2-ofw.377/

Two new WIP projects that @STLcardsWS and I have been working on:

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/hacking-the-ps2.10719/#post-55545

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/hacking-the-psp.10720/#post-55306

What do you guys think of this screenshot I just took for kozzy? Did I miss anything important? LOL

kozzy2.jpg

nCadeRegal, bguerville and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 5,664
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Excellent man it's nice to see that stuff archive here now a reliable place with reliable files I hate having to resort to Shady sites that have not been updated in years.

sbp, DeViL303 and UniqueUserName like this.
  10. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    Everything I uploaded has been tested by me personally to find the best of everything (If there is more than one of something it means there were different reasons or compatibilities to consider)...

All PS2 tests were done with the best PHAT, PS2 scph-50001, newest FMCB/FHDB, and most stable OPL 0.9.3.

All PSP tests were done with a GodOfWar PSP-2001, running PRO C-2 CFW, and I mustve went through 130 plugins alone before making my personal selections.

NOTE: For BOTH systems: If it is on our Resources list (with my name attached), then I use it myself personally. ;)

bguerville likes this.
  11. 5,664
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Did you upload Infinity and it's apps, recovery etc? It also has an awesome plugin that makes all 6.60 plugins work for the 6.61 firmware. Works for all 6.61 CFW's since getting them all updated is slim to none.

12. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Have you also been able to compile whatever source code is available?

13. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    I honestly do not have even close to the amount of time available this year to do any of that my brother... Im sorry, but I cant... and as to Infinity Ive never even tried it as everything I wanted, worked on the CFW I chose first, so I didnt go back N forth to find the best firmware like I did with everything else. I dont see any reason to upgrade to 6.61 or even pro-c2-fix3, as everything works that I use, and the only thing I use the wifi for is streaming files to or from the PC, so I dont have to plug that stupid dual-usb/power cable I have that sometimes works/sometimes dont... lol wish I could get RJL to FTP like files... I can even send PC to the PSP and control mouse with thumbstick, but I cant do the reverse with RJL, such a shame... stupid cords... lmfao

But anyways, I have been however, previously working on an all-in-one PSP package (for 3 months now), that I havent even looked at in the past month. It will be nice when thats completed... but last time I transferred all my files and settings to a new memstick, it didnt even freakin boot, so I put it down and went to work here... havent looked back yet.

I also need a better than 7zip compressor tool as Ill never make that 6MB upload cutoff we have anyways :(

@bguerville I havent even looked at the source for 6.61, but is there really a need to? Does anyone actually use it?

14. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

No I meant the source code for brews & plugins for PS2 not for CFW...

15. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    No, lol, not everything will compile (SMS for instance, Ive kicked this wonderful resource up the ladder, and its been over 8 months already since the source was finally released, and nobody has been able to get it to compile yet, not even doctorxyz, which actually shocked the heck out of me)... but we have binaries of most of the best stuff here already, and thats what most people will want anywas, so unless you need a new project to work on (which i would be overjoyed to pass some projects your way), I dont think Ill be recompiling every resource Ive uploaded lol not that the source is available on most of those anyways. If you like I can put together a list of sources for you when I get done with what Im currently working on... Ill go through them all if you like?

16. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Oh misunderstanding .. Am not asking you to recompile anything...
    I was wondering if there was source code available for projects so that even if the original devs aren't interested anymore, someone else can carry the torch...

As to the SMS source code that nobody manages to compile, is the link for it in the resources section?

And yes, please, forward all the source you have to me whenever you have time for that. Eventually I could github the lot...
    I was actually thinking about regrouping all the PS3 brew source code (only brews which aren't under development anymore & following licensing requirements of course...) into one github account to make access easier for everyone... It could then be appropriately added to the resources section items.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  17. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    That sounds like an awesome resource to maintain... Nice! :D

Yes, when I added it, I also added the release of sourcecode links, and the direct to sourcecode link for SMS. :)

As to the others, there are a few, but not many unfortunately (such as the recent snesstation update SP193 did, there was no source).

The ones I really want are MAME and winHIIP. ;)

18. 1,258
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName R.I.P.

AAA
    Home Page:
    ATTENTION COMMUNITY:
    (UPDATED: 2-12-2018)

= PS2 & PSP =
    (Forums, Sub-Forums, and Site-Resources)
    ...are now FULLY open for business...

All of the Main-Forums & Sub-Forums, of both these consoles, have been completely reworked over the past few days...
    Please give any feedback you may have? :)
    Seriously, how do they look?

IF our Community likes what they see, and we get some good feedback on this, I will move onto revamping the other sections of the site as well, within the next few weeks.
    ...IF NOT, then meh, back to testing/gaming perhaps...

Also, EVERY-single-Download, in our entire PS2/PSP Resource-Inventory, has been re-checked for dead-links, and re-uploaded if needed (some with upgraded content for your pleasure)... :D
    Including: higher DPI/resolution CoverArt/BackGroundArt, more detailed instructions, more information in general, more TABby-Goodness (when additional-content was available), and ohh sooo much more. ;)

So, go check stuff out, because the PS2 and PSP Forums, Sub-Forums, and Resources ARE BOOMING!!

NOTE TO COMMUNITY:
    Even as detailed as most of these resources now are, I still feel we could use more of them, so if anyone has anything they would like to share links to, or even upload themselves if they like, please feel free to post it up or upload your fingers off. ;)
    ...as well as any resoures you would like to see hosted here.

For our "Tapatalk" friends pleasure, I have also added the full content of all the Resource Articles (the ones that I personally maintain), into each "Download-Notifications" Threads "Snippet" (the "click to expand" part) as well...

...ALL Tabs, Images, and Information has been now included there. :D
    ...This is for those of you, whom cannot actually view our Sites-Resources-Section.

Enjoy!

-UniqueUserName @ PSX-SCENE @ PSX-PLACE

Thank You, for your continued support, from ALL the Staff here at PSX-PLACE!

kozarovv likes this.