PS2 SCPH-50001/N Eject Button Problem

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Md Hesam, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:55 AM.

1. 178
    Luisile

Luisile Member

But you not say that.
    Dissassemble video search on YouTube. Or you can not search? Should we do everything for you. If not know how to search a video on YouTube give it to somebody elsewhere to repair.

2. 342
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    I found but most of the video tutorial's 3XXXX series fat ps2
    I need a video tutorial which's 5XXXX series fat ps2
    if you give me a video tutorial,it'll be very helpful for me
    then I upload my ps2's mobo picture

3. 11
    reyzafany

reyzafany Forum Noob

Just trying to help, will this suffice?

TnA likes this.
  4. 178
    Luisile

Luisile Member

Its basicaly same the diference is power and reset button.

5. 342
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    is there any related power & eject button with modchip?

6. 1,140
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Jeez what a wire mess, Voultar has some nice PlayStation and PlayStation2 Modchip and wire management, the things he does its just a work of art, this is how a wire management should look like, clean and simple. PS2_Modchip_Installation-3.jpg

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

7. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

@Md Hesam : You don't 'have bad luck', but you simply didn't listen...

Like I said... You could have had more features, for less money...

It worked for 2 weeks and now a problem occurs, which Noone really had seen before... Great...! It seems like a bad install/fault of the installer!

Give it back to him to fix it FOR FREE...

reyzafany and sandungas like this.
  8. 178
    Luisile

Luisile Member

It has nothing to do with he had mor feature with free MC boot. Modchip is easier to use and thats it. He Will just burnt the priated disc with no hassle to modified the ISO with esr patcher.
    But one thing you have right he dont listen. All here tell him that it is a Bad install and he dont accepted it. So i tell it Last tíme in this thread. IT IS FAULT RELATED TO BAD INSTALLED MODCHIP. Take it back to installer let him fix it for free and dont ask here for FAULT related with power or Eject button. It is not. If it has worked for two weeks and you have not opened the console it is not related to buttons.
    Bad install of modchip. My Final Word in this thread.

9. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

Here we go again...
    You did not even understand the context of why I was writing this:
    On your verge about 'defending' how good modchips are compared to FMCB, you missed out on the fact that I did not even mentioned nor meant FMCB!

I also said before, that he could have gotten atleast 10 Modbo4/5s for the same amount of money and it has a multitude of more features, than the crappy chip he got installed

On another note: He could have gotten an HDD for the adapter he said he has... There is 0 need for a modchip, to play from HDD.
    Infact it is preferable, to use a Nomod-PS2 for Homebrew and games, because multiple modchips produce varying incompatibilities...

Now you will say... 'No, not true.' bla bla, but the truth is, that they solely work relatively fine nowadays, because multiple software/Homebrew has been adapted to cope with chips faults (incomplete system-init via Dev-Modes, remnants in RAM like Macrovision-Fix, etc.) or half-arsed implementations, like the SATA-Adapters...

SO... Is a Modbo FMCB, or is an HDD FMCB?
    NO... It's hardware with which he could have accomplished more in an easy and cheaper fashion, but he rather chose to get a crappy 'like the dirt under my fingernails'-worthy 'chip' installed in a way that I wouldn't even handle my socks.

Don't you agree that both of these (either Modbo4/5 or HDD [especially since he already has the adapter]) are cheaper alternatives which would offer him more features than the pricy crap he got and is so happy about?

He wants to save some bucks, so that he can play his downloaded bad dumps from his 20ct-trash-yard-DVD-Rs... (20$ in total for his 100 burned discs)
    No... Better yet from one RW, which he rewrites over and over again, lol...

On his 'trip' to save as much money as possible, he does not even realize that he pays more for the inferior crap, than for a solid setup!
    Since he already has the HDD-Adapter, he could have ripped an old 3.5" HDD from an old PC, IPTV-Box or whatever... for 0$...

...an HDD would have given him plenty of more possibilities than any modchip (and still would), but especially than the trash he got for such a high price!

(tl;dr He got pricy crap, defectively/bogously installed and now asks his questions, because he did not even understand the answers he was given to begin with! It really wasn't meant offensive, but he really should take an English course or even a crash-course to get started and be able to understand what he has been told/answerd!)

For what? Burned discs and/or imports (and only those/discs)?
    That's what they (chips) were made for... They SHOULD (be better at that), albeit I don't see how it is any easier than on what you 'hate so much' (FMCB/FHDB) + chips often don't do it better, but worse than FMCB/FHDB, especially in regards to system-init... lol
    You can definitely test that on EVERY Chip, when it doesn't 'go through' the OSDSYS, to start a game... (Fastboot a Multilanguage-game for example.)

...and that is different to FMCB/FHDB in what aspect?

Aaaah, here you go...
    [irony]Yes, drag&dropping or even batch-patching a staple of 1000 ISOs within a second is truly a remarkable 'hastle' no noob should be 'bothered' with![/irony]
    :applause::biggrin2::highly amused::hopelessness:

Then I must have at least 2 things right, because I also said him that it is his chipinstaller's fault...

Well - regardless who says it - I agree on the statement, that it is due to the half-assed bad job, the installer did.

I have the feeling that there could be a small bridge on either the Syscon (due to the behavior of the lights; not used for normal chip-installs tho') or BIOS.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 4:44 AM
  10. 1,194
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

From what I remember modchip have only these advantages:
    1. Can play backup PS1 from disc without need to swap disc
    2. Can play org imported PS1 games from disc e.g. NTSC games no PAL console
    3. Can play org imported PS2 games from disc e.g. NTSC games no PAL console
    However if you do not have a need to use the discs,
    you can do play PS2 region free games on OPL, PS2ESDL... from HDD, USB, SMB.
    Or patch game image with ESR...

For PS1 games there is also POPStarter & POPS...
    once again it can launch games through HDD, USB, SMB.
    For backup discs there is PSXLauncher.ELF, unfortunately swap disc is required.

Another note, I've recently tried to play PS1 backup from other region with PSXLauncher,
    but I cannot make it work, my acquaintance have the same problem.
    PS1 backup from the same region plays nice.

@ TnA you've pointed disadvantages, so there is no point to wrote it again.

TnA likes this.
  11. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

@jolek: If it's a backup of a Japanese PS1-Game, would you mind trying the soft-region-Changer (the one you recently rediscoverd and which changes it to 'jap') ahead of the software (PSXLauncher, wLE, etc.) you are using for swapping?

That would be quite interesting to know/test! ;)

Edit: If that doesn't change a thing, let's PM a bit.

12. 342
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    now my situation is crying moment
    I forgot one thing unfortunately,I don't have pc or laptop or android
    this country is not avaliable ebay or amazon.com
    I live in Chittagong,Bangladesh
    there is one gaming shop in Chittagong
    Atlast,I'm one of the loser from PSX-Place
    Now I have two console one's PS3 Super Slim Hen 2.3.1 & Other's PS2 Fat SCPH-50001/N
    I have only one smartphone it's Nokia N8

13. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

Well... All good things take time...
    Instead of getting 'some kind of chip' installed 'as fast as possible', you should have learned about the modding-stuff and especially how a good work/install would look like if you go the hardmod/modchip-route...

Not all is lost... Just return it to the guy and let him fix it... It's almost certain, that a wire came lose and now possibly bridges a few pins on the 'Syscon' (system controller), which might lead to the weird behavior of the power&open-buttons.

...or the wire which tells the chip which button was pressed (if it uses it), came loose...

Your city has one of the worst trash-management's on this planet and you don't find a PC from 1995 or newer?
    You don't need to buy anything IMO... Just look at what looks like electronics...
    An HDD could be easily found for free!

You can get most of the stuff from any tech-store which sells electronics or PCs...

No... Not a loser, but simply... 'stubborn'
    You ask for the best ways and then just do it in 'whatever way' anyway, so no wonder you run into problems with your setup later.
    It also makes no sense to ask, if you don't even care about the answers... Since you don't listen, does it make sense to answer you?

Worst of all is, that you 'expect' us to help you, while you are breaking a rule of the forum...

We do not support nor condone WAREZ..

Please answer this question!:

You mentioned, that you have an HDD-adapter... What kind of HDD-Adapter do you have? (attach a picture of it, if possible)

IMO you should just look for some trash/electronics and look for an HDD... It sounds ridiculous, but I recently found a Dell K17A Business Dock (new) on the trash from a flat where someone was moving out/leaving and there I found 2 * 320GB-HDD as well... (nope, I wasn't digging in dirty trash, lol...)
    Yesterday I found a PS2-Driving-wheel with pedals and a SEGA Mega Drive-Controller, lol.

I am sure there are alot of 'treasures' to find in your city and even for free... You only need to look at the right places and you might get it for free... Maybe ask your local trash-management, if it is allowed to get something...

You guys really should learn 'recycling'...

With an HDD you can:
    • have your games stored all in one place
    • have shorter load-times
    • don't stress your laser
    • have access to things, which can only be used via HDD
    • can install and delete all your games how often and however you please (like your DVD-RW-Approach)
    • an HDD is still cheaper to obtain and less stressful for the hardware, than hundreds of crappy discs and/or a bad chip...

14. 1,194
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

From what I remember this tool suppose to work with PS2 games not PS1.
    I'm not sure for what region games this tool is it (PAL, NTSC-U/C, NTSC-J)?!
    I mean when I'll launch it, insert e.g. NTSC-U/C game, I'll have additional content?
    Or It'll only work for NTSC-J games?

Anyway I don't have any Japanese PS1, nor PS2 game.
    These "strange characters" instead of letters are hard to read for me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 4:50 PM
  15. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

This tool rewrites the kernel-parameter which defines the region, to be set to Japanese, which causes things like the OSDSYS-init or the setting for game to be different (similar to the system-init-stuff, where it auto-selects a language in a multilanguage-game, according to the chosen language in the OSDSYS).

This (PS1-Backus from other regions) might be dependent on a similar init as well... If it doesn't work, I suppose it (PS1DRV) might/could be/is dependent on a Japanese BIOS.

Try an NTSC-J-Backup, which wouldn't work normally! ;)

Aaaah, that's unfortunate. Let's hope you will find one for cheap, or someone else can test this! :)

16. 342
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Member

Home Page:
    If I buy 3.5'' IDE HDD for ps2,then I need a pc for ps2 iso converter to ps2's hdd
    can I copy ps2 iso to ps2's hdd wothout pc?
    What should I do now?

17. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

Please answer this question:

Do you have a netwotk/HDD-adapter?
    If 'Yes!', which kind of (please attach picture with the forum's file-attach-support)?
    Get an HDD which matches the connections of the adapter... Something like 250GB will be sufficient, but take a look at the 'per GB price ratio'... Really... You can find 320GB or even 500GB on trash... and 1TB is optimal for best performance and compatibility! ;)

18. 1,194
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

Do you know exactly what title we should be looking for?
    E.g. @sp193 mention something about SEGA Gems Collection.
    Will Sonic Gems Collection be fine:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Gems_Collection.
    If yes, maybe at least I can get the PAL version for test.
    Unfortunately there was no NTSC-U\C version, NTSC-J is really not my deal.

Do you have any NTSC-J games for test?

[​IMG]

19. 786
    TnA

TnA Member

Unfortunately, for this test you would need a backup of a Japanese PS1 Game (which could change later, if the test prove successful). ;)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 at 2:18 AM
  20. 1,194
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

PSXLauncher does not entirely work with games from other regions, at least in my tests on my PAL console.
    My acquaintance also tried to swap org PAL with disk from other region (I think NTSC-U/C)
    and all he can get was only BSOD.
    I can ask him if he has got any NTSC-J PS1 game.
    Maybe (PS1) imports will only working for e.g.
    NTSC-U/C game on NTSC-J console or opposite (NTSC-J game on NTSC-U/C console).

Do you have any NTSC-J PS1 or PS2 game for test?