PS2 Ps2WEB server?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by josephchrzempiec, Feb 16, 2020.

1. 11
    josephchrzempiec

josephchrzempiec Forum Noob

Hello let me say first thank you for this forum it is awesome and I'm learning new things. I'm not a gamer I'm more of a hardware tech, I do have a Ps2 slim. I love taking old hardware and making it new again for different things. When i found out that i found take a Ps2 and build a ftp server out of it i wanted to try it and i did i bought a Mcboot memory card and it worked. i followed some guy on youtube on how ot setup the Ftp server and it works. I'm in the process of working on a webserver. But from what i can see it requires a ps2 linux dics that from what i can see cost a lot on ebay and amazon.

I was wondering if there there is a nother way of making a webserver out of my ps2?

Joseph

TnA and DeViL303 like this.
  2. 1,765
    jolek

jolek Senior Member

TnA likes this.
  3. 347
    Luisile

Luisile Member

As a web web server it wold be grat to use a pc thats cost next to nothing and you have more options. Leave the ps2 live her life as retro game console and play on it.

4. 11
    josephchrzempiec

Hello all thank you for the reply back. And thank you for the information. My goal is to reuse all these's Ps2 systems that i recover from the recycling bin. I have quite a few over 40 of them. Sense I'm not a gaming i thought i can make something out of theses. And sense i don't resell nothing i can make something out of the systems.

5. 11
    josephchrzempiec

Hello the more i searched into it. I now know it be nuts to run this on a ps2 slim. I did figure out be searching online a ps2 fatboy as they call it can run linux a older one with a python webserver on it. I'm looking into getting one. But for right now this part of my project is on hold. Thanks again for all the information.

DeViL303 likes this.