PS3 PS3 4.83 OFW Now Live - Beware changes impacting HAN users - stay tuned for more info

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by montcer, Oct 10, 2018.

By montcer on Oct 10, 2018 at 9:20 PM
  1. 109
    montcer

montcer Member

BEWARE (Exploited PS3's) PlayStation firmware update 4.83 has just went Live, developer's from the PS3Xploit team have not had time to take a look at it yet since this has just been released (see update, devs are looking into it now and will update us here in this thread), This update could potentially be a patch for the PS3Xploit hacks (but they have not in a year which has been odd) or it could be a simple routine update for things such as the BluRay player. Developer's will look into this newly released update and we will keep us posted here in this thread. Its advised to stay on 4.82 until Ps3Xploit developer's verify the newly released Official firmware. Users and Ps3 Firmware Bot has confirmed the update is live.
    -STLcardsWS ​

Update:
    (See "Ps3Xploit Status" TAB below for latest reports on PS3Xploit Status)

ps3-system-software-update-two-column-01-ps3-eu-23mar15.png

• WARNING 4.83 PS3 Firmware is NOW LIVE
      PS4_4.83.png

Official Changelog via Sony:

New for 4.83
      • This system software update improves system performance.

• ps3xploit-logo.png
      Current Status for 4.83
      • PS3Xploit (for CFW enabled Console) - Do not update to 4.83 OFW (From 4.82 CFW you can update to a 4.83 CFW when available)
      • PS3Xploit HAN (for non CFW Compatible Consoles) - Do not update to 4.83, or you will lose various abilities of HAN

Official Ps3Xploit Response via @bguerville

RECOMMENDATION FROM PS3XPLOIT TEAM:
      FOR THE MOMENT, DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.83 UNLESS YOU HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE UP USING HAN PERMANENTLY ON THE CONSOLE.

After a look at the update files & preliminary tests, I am afraid I am bearing some bad news for HAN users playing online.

1. It would appear that [email protected] patched one of the 2 webkit exploits we currently use to trigger ROP chains.
      It means that we need to replace this exploit in order to get any ps3xploit tool working on 4.83. Work is already under way, obviously no ETA at this stage. Please don't ask.

The kernel is completely untouched. No changes to either lv1 or lv2 which means CFWs will be easier to make. That's also good news for devs with any promising kernel vulnerability under investigation.

3. Changes were made to vsh as usual & they seem extensive enough to suspect that they may have patched the HAN vulnerability as well. We have not yet had time to look into the matter at all but if they did, HAN might be gone for good past 4.82, leaving only CFW2OFW conversions installable & runnable on 4.83 whenever the patched webkit exploit gets replaced.

In conclusion, the changes brought by the 4.83 update mean that anyone updating will lose usage of HAN, and possibly permanently until a kernel exploit comes out. Cfw2ofw conversions will be the only installed games that will still be working after updating.

The nature of this update is upsetting our 4.0 release plans somewhat. It's still very early stages in our investigations & there are still many unanswered questions for the moment. I will keep you all posted whenever I have additional information to share.

• PS3_4.83_CFW.jpg
      As 4.83 releases (CFW / Homebrew / Tools) are made , we will keep this linked thread below updated:

Do not update to 4.83 or you could lose the ability to exploit your PS3

Source: playstation.com / twitter.com/PS3FWBot
    (Thanks to montcer for the Alert in the forum :) )​

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by montcer, Oct 10, 2018.

1. cygmon0
      cygmon0
      Guess we need to wait for the devs.. to test and see what's the difference between them

تم الإرسال من D6503 باستخدام Tapatalk
      Zazenora and esc0rtd3w like this.
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Do not update and wait until @bguerville @esc0rtd3w @habib take a look at the firmware update.

Could be a patch or could just be a routine update.
    3. dazzaXx
      dazzaXx
      Never thought they’d release an update tbh, I mean what’s the point anymore except it “improving system preformance” like every other single update in the past claims to do
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    4. bguerville
      bguerville
      We are aware of the update & we will let everyone know about its impact on ps3xploit tools as soon as we have had time to inspect the PUP file contents.
      jolek, XemnasNoHeart, pinky and 5 others like this.
    5. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Originally posted by @montcer (I had to hijack his first post for news reasons)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
      Zazenora likes this.
    6. montcer
      montcer
      Well, a few months went smoothly with HAN. It last long in my opinion.
      Zazenora likes this.
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Almost a year for the PS3Xploit Hacks as a whole. they debuted back in nov of 2017
      Zazenora likes this.
    8. electrified123
      electrified123
      any word on if it is safe to even update at all? i mean if han still works ill just reinstall han afterwards but i was looking forward to gaming with someone tonight.
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Maybe reading will help.
      Anthonyy817, esc0rtd3w and montcer like this.
    10. gabo21db
      gabo21db
      I do not speak English sorry I am using the translator ... I wanted to play the Ps3 and I have released that update ... EYE: I have updated and I can not enter any Game ... I am using the Han Enabler and nothing .. No It serves, it throws me an error (80029517). This is what is happening to me after I have updated Ps3
    11. Sharky987
      Sharky987
      I have a ps3 han in 4.82 and since this morning I can not connect anymore to the psn because he asks me to update my ps3 in 4.83 do I have to do it? Its real?
      how to reconnect without updating? if I do the update I lose my ps3 XPloit HAN
    12. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      No need to make a new thread, one here already.. Just stay tuned and do not update.

Developer's are still looking into the firmware update from Sony.

We do not know for sure if they patched it or it will be a simple workaround. Devs need a bit of time to look at it.
      Zazenora likes this.
    13. Zazenora
      Zazenora
      DO NOT UPDATE!!!
      You will be asked to UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE to 4.83 when you try to connect to PSN or go online on multiplayer games, or games using online features. That's the whole point of this thread.
      It's unfortunate, but we all knew it would eventually happen. Just do as @montcer says and wait. The developers are inspecting the update file and running some tests in order to find out exactly what this update does and how it will possibly affect the HAN exploit.
      Also with recent reports of bans happening, (To my knowledge, THIS HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED AS A BAN WAVE!) I recommend keeping your PS3 offline for the time being if you haven't been banned yet.

It figures there would be a new update on the horizon with the recent reports of (not completely confirmed) bans...
      I'm hoping we can get through this okay. If not, I'm fine staying on OFW 4.82 for the time being. Depending on how this goes, I may go full CFW finally. In a way I hope it doesn't come to that yet though.

Thanks for the heads up @STLcardsWS
      cygmon0, sandungas and XemnasNoHeart like this.
    14. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Actually that is what i said. . I wrote the article :). i just had to hijack his post. he made first alert in forum and did not want duplicate threads and was easier to post it as is :) . .
      If you see "- STLcardsWS" at end of an intro that means i wrote the article no matter the name promoted ;)

He was quick on alerting the forum :)

More ban wave nonsense...
      I wont even comment on ban wave nonsense lol (they are not there )

These updates are expected and they do not mean its been patched we just have to wait and see.
      Zazenora likes this.
    15. Assassin_dude998
      Assassin_dude998
      Someone here be the dumbass daredevil and try for ur self, update and try to install han. Let us know if it works lol.
    16. jneutrino
      jneutrino
      User with games cfw2ofw injection still works in 4.83
      Han enabler no working.
    17. Angelbena20
      Angelbena20
      Yo actualice, todo muerto excepto las demos.

Attached Files:

18. Zazenora
      Zazenora
      xD got it.
      I'm praying this won't have much effect on our ends. I wasn't meaning to compare these two things directly, but I'll keep a lid on the ban wave talk for now.
      Thanks @STLcardsWS for the heads up :D
    19. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I was kidding about keeping a lip on it, i can;t control what one speaks about or has an opinion about. Just highly unlikely ban waves occur. They just do not make sense for Sony in any way. But yea do not be scared to share your opinion.. I will just disagree on this particular one.. :) .
      Fsm1453, sandungas and Zazenora like this.
    Tags: