PS3 4.85 help

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Sace, Oct 9, 2019 at 6:38 PM.

1. 3
    Sace

Sace Forum Noob

hello i recently jailbroke my ps3 4.85 slim and i’ve been trying to install rebug but i’ve been getting an error someone said it’s because there isn’t a 4.85 rebug and i was wondering if anyone knows any alternative way im currently on cex but i want to convert to dex

2. 2,651
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    You will need to install a 4.85 CFW first> I would say use Spy 4.85 CFW as it's the most stable 4.85 CFW available so far, once installed you need to install and run a QA Toggling pkg found here:

https://store.brewology.com/ahomebrew.php?brewid=313

This will allow you to install a lower FW version, then once the PS3 has been QA flagged you can then install REBUG REX 4.84.2. Make sure its REX you install as D-REX is for DECH Debug units and already converted retail units from CEX to DEX.

REBUG can be found here:

https://rebug.me/downloads/

When you have installed REBUG you will need to go into Package Manager> Install from System Storage > then install REBUG Toolbox.

Once you have done this follow these steps to the letter:

Enter REBUG Toolbox and find the " Utilites " Column, its the last one scrolling right. Then go down the menu till you find "Dump EID_root_key" and select this following the on screen instructions. If done correctly your PS3 will reboot.

Once it has rebooted you need to go back into REBUG Toolbox, next find the " CEX/DEX " column, it's the one just before the Utilities Column and will only have 2 options.

Next select " Re-write Target-ID in Flash " and your done.

Algol and Coldheart2236 like this.
  3. 154
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

After this you should "Swap LV2 Kernel", and your done. CMIIW

4. 2,651
    Cypher_CG89

Not really, depends what your doing. If your just playing games and modding games then leaving it as CEX for the Lv2 kernel is fine as when you switch to the DEX lv2 kernel it floods the RAM with stuff for Debugging.

If I thought this was usefull I would have said do this..... or if the OP asked about it.

I only switch to DEX lv2 kernel when connecting to ProDG/ setting the PS3 into Debug Mode for developing reasons, also if you want to use something like Artimus game modding tool on DEX then using the DEX Lv2 Kernel with it will crash your PS3 everytime....

Again depends entirely on what you want to acheive or doing.

Louis Garry likes this.
  5. 3
    Sace

Sace Forum Noob

First of all i would like to stay thank you for taking you time and responding this has helped just a question do install the qa toggler on the package manger folder on the ps3 and i am also using spy cfw

6. 154
    Louis Garry

Louis Garry Member

I just found out that there is an "Artimus game modding tool", can you give me the link, brother?
    Thanks.

7. 2,651
    Cypher_CG89

Yeah, just install via Package Manager and run the app once to QA Flag the PS3.

Once you have REBUG installed you can delete the app as REBUG Toolbox has a built in QA Flag Toggler. but TBH the best thing is QA Flag the PS3 and leave it as that so you are then free to go up and down in FW versions if you need to:

E.g> Say your PS3 is a CECH2003A which has a min factory fw version of 2.70, you could go down as far as 2.70 then then back upto 4.85 freely.

It should be on here somewhere, try checking the PS3 news section or search "Artimus" in the forum search function. It's on here somewere.

8. 1,238
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator