Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 black screen and freezes when starting ps2 games

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by 9_Andrew, Sep 23, 2019.

1. 5
    9_Andrew

9_Andrew Forum Noob

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to modding ps3's. I've had my phat mgs4 80gb ps3 for a long time now and just decided to get it re-balled recently as it had overheated and died 5 years ago. My main goal was to play ps2 games again as the system is reverse compatible. The only reason I installed cfw is to be able to control the internal fan speed to better cool the system to prevent it from dying again. I followed this tutorial () and had great success, I can control fan speed now and it runs cooler than ever. My only problem is I cant play ps2 games. I know some games have problems playing but this one should work according to ps2 classic emulator wiki page (midnight club II). I followed everything in the video except I installed the only cfw that was available at the time, 4.85 SPY COBRA 8.01. Ps3 games work fine, but when launching ps2 games (iso's or actual disc - i tried both, using multiman, webman, and managunz) the ps3 goes to a black screen and freezes, controller wont re-connect and I have to do a hard restart. Is there anything I can do to get my ps2 games to work, a setting that I haven't seen? Or is it an issue with the spy cobra cfw? (not knocking spy cobra in any way, i understand it was put out fast for 4.85 and there may still be some growing pains) Just really looking to get my ps2 games working again.

2. 7,592
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Which model you have exactly? There was at least one report from CECH-C/E that ps2 games have issue.
    Can you test 4.84.2 Rebug to exclude hardware issue?
    Maybe we found kryptonite for that cfw.

3. 5
    9_Andrew

9_Andrew Forum Noob

It is a CECHE01. Damn... the whole reason I did this was to play ps2 games while running cooler. I could try to install 4.84.2 rebug sure, is there a special way to downgrade from the 4.85? im very new to this and dont want to brick my system. Is there a link you can point me towards with some sort of tutorial? or would you be able to explain the process to me?

4. 5
    9_Andrew

9_Andrew Forum Noob

waiting for my reply to be approved by a moderator. when exactly will I be able to post without having a moderator look at it every time? Is there a minimum post requirement?

5. 5
    9_Andrew

9_Andrew Forum Noob

update: ran into somebody else online who is having the exact same problem as me, and has the same model # - CECHE, so I wonder if its a model dependent issue? hard to say with just 2 examples, but its possible i guess. Is there any way to get in touch with the maker of spy cobra and ask if this can be looked at and possibly fixed?

6. 5
    9_Andrew

9_Andrew Forum Noob