PS3 Black Screen

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Weasel2302, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 5
    Weasel2302

Weasel2302 Forum Noob

Hi All

so my ps3 today started to give a black screen when entering any app or any game, it would load the menu just fine, but soon as you enter anything it gives a black screen and thats where it stays,

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I have restored it, rebuilt the datatbase etc but still no luck

2. 3,060
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Does it do this with retail discs? if you put a game in normally in the BD drive will it boot the game?

3. 5
    Weasel2302

Weasel2302 Forum Noob

it doesnt allow to boot anything, cant even open the playstation store, soon as you try start anything from the menu it goes to a black screen

4. 1,347
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

The reason he's having you check Blu ray disc is because of two reasons:
    1. If game won't load at all or read then we know its bd-drive or controller
    2. if game won't launch or blackscreens then we can isolate to bd-controller.
    If that's the case, then the first step is to check connections. If they are fine, reseat them anyways, just to be sure.
    If that doesn't fix the situation there are noBD firmwares available if you are on cfw. Idr the process but there is a way to remarry the bd-drive controller if you need to replace it.

TonyClifton likes this.
  5. 5
    Weasel2302

Weasel2302 Forum Noob

So i have determined its not the drive as I disconnect the BD Drive completely from the PS3 and try opening Netflix and the problem still persists, even with games that I downloaded from the Store

6. 3,060
    Cypher_CG89

Have you checked the BD drives connection, nothing will boot with a faulty BD Drive, you need to open the PS3 and first check the connection, make sure they are all seated firmly and correctly.

If that doesn't work and your on CFW then you can attempt to re-marry the BD drive to see if that works, if that fails then you can install a NoBD CFW to bypass the BD drive and get apps, games and backups to work.

7. 3,060
    Cypher_CG89

It defo wont boot anything if you disconnect the BD drive all toegther.

This is why the PS3 is not booting things in the first place, it thinks the BD is damaged or is not there at all. Make sure the connection are good, put the BD drive in and try again..... with the BD drive attached....

8. 620
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

either connect the bd drive or if you are on cfw install a nobd cfw and you are set

9. 1,347
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Depending on the model, the controller is inside the drive assembly, and nothing will launch without a solid connection to that logic board.
    Nobody told you to disconnect the drive, so i'm stunned as to how this magic solution appeared. Obviously, it solved nothing, and actually didn't prove anything, so it was extra work, you've just done, because....science? idk.

With the drive attached, you were told to insert an official game disc and verify its function. PERIOD.
    I further explained WHY this was being done. PERIOD.

If you can't follow simple advice, you can just throw your console in the trash and be done with it. If you choose to get help, listen to that help and don't go on wild tangents. You are asking for advice because you don't know, so don't pretend you do. It's only going to cause more problems.

We still don't know your model number or previous firmware, so we are currently blindly giving advice. Please supply that information

Yugonibblit likes this.
  10. 5
    Weasel2302

Weasel2302 Forum Noob

so I got everything to work, the system is working fine now, was a loose ribbon connection from the BD Drive to the mainboard, reseated the ribbon and all is working, even the psn store can open now

11. 1,775
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

College Student,GAMING,REPAIRING,XMB Modder
    Home Page:
    mostly check the BlueRay Drive ribbon cable if its connected then the BlueRay is not the original meaning not married to your PS3 you must downgrade to 3.55 enter FSM(Factory Service Mode) remarry the drive or :

1- Install CFW Rebug Rex 4.82 noBD PUP (Created BY @esc0rtd3w ) Link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/x36wgd5cbpfeza6/PS3-482.2-rebug-rex-nobd.zip

2- After CFW boots, Install Rebug Toolbox then Open it go to Selector Column the 2nd one ,navigate to bottom until you see Toggle XMB CFW Settings

3- Enable XMB CFW Settings the navigate to Utilities Column the 4th one,navigate to bottom until you see Dump eid root key it will copy it to : ( /dev_hdd0/game/RBGTLBOX2/USRDIR/eid_root_key )

4- Your PS3 will reboot after that open Multiman then press Select+Start to go to navigator mode then go to the location in the previous step then copy the eid_root_key to the root of a USB flash drive meaning in /dev_usb006/ if you put your USB in left port /dev_usb000/ if you put your USB in right port the advised one is always the right the whoes near the BD Drive

5- Exit Multiman and go to Network Column go to folder Named *Custom Firmware Tools/Service Tools/Advanced Service Tools/

6- Go to " *Custom Firmware Tools/Service Tools/Advanced Service Tools/Enter Factory Service mode " (with red icon) then click it the ps3 will reboot and a red screen in right bottom wil appear with Factory Service mode like you see in the photo below

Warrning : Don't Install a firmware while your in Factory Service Mode!!!!!!!!

7- After the PS3 Booting in FSM mode go again to" *Custom Firmware Tools/Service Tools/Advanced Service Tools/ " then search 'Remarry BlueRay the blue icon' and click on it a notification will appear top right (like the trophy ones) saying CEX_drive_init() succeeded

8- Then Exit Factory Service Mode by clicking again on Toggle FSM Red icon and you right Bottom red screen will vanish

9-and Finally put a Blueray Movies and go to Multiman Settings scroll until you see Repair Blueray Movies "Fix DRL/CRL hashes..." ,reboot your PS3 and done you can enjoy any game disc you Have :)

Edit : i just now see that you get to work i preapare steps for BD remarry Hahah but it okey i post a tutoriel with steps about hour ago but my internet connexion is very slow today so it will posted at any time

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      647.1 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      87.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      550.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      647.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      789 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      700.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      819.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      766.8 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      812.4 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      774.7 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      807.8 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      769.4 KB
      Views:
    • 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      541.8 KB
      Views:
    • 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 17.png
      17.png
      File size:
      644.9 KB
      Views:
    • 18.png
      18.png
      File size:
      705.5 KB
      Views:
    • 19.png
      19.png
      File size:
      844.3 KB
      Views:
    • 20.png
      20.png
      File size:
      739.7 KB
      Views:
    • 21.png
      21.png
      File size:
      689.3 KB
      Views:
    • 22.png
      22.png
      File size:
      805.7 KB
      Views:
    • 23.png
      23.png
      File size:
      786.7 KB
      Views:
    • 24.png
      24.png
      File size:
      888.8 KB
      Views:
    • 25.png
      25.png
      File size:
      616.1 KB
      Views:
    • 26.png
      26.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 27.png
      27.png
      File size:
      598.8 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    Maroon Storm and esc0rtd3w like this.
  12. 3,060
    Cypher_CG89

Maybe you should have read the post's first before jumping in head first........

13. 1,775
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    @Cypher_CG89 i read them and i told from afternoon that the speed of internet is slow the post must be posted that time but its posted after he gets his ps3 to work ;)

Yugonibblit likes this.
  14. 1
    dacha1980

dacha1980 Member

Hello. I have exactly the same problem but with super slim model. I check for damaged electronics or fuses but I did not find nothing. Update is possible and with no errors. Only problem is when I try to start any application , game or anything it gives black screen. Please advise what to try? Thanks a lot.

15. 30
    Maroon Storm

Maroon Storm Member

Are sure this works? I somehow found a noBD version of 4.85. I toggle on QA FLAG then I've installed 4.82noBD. But this unit does not want to accept any type of BD. I've tried 5 different BD. Is not there any type of different problem? I'm thinking on some kind of different type of cable could cause some type of problem maybe. Maybe I should try the another mentioned method.
    G03 the model number so it is NAND. One of the BD had a game in it (free game disc yeay)

16. 7,655
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

That procedure does work.

How did you toggle QA flag?

As far as i know its not really possible to toggle qa flag without a working married bluray drive so if you did that then your drive is married. If discs still will not load for you then you probably have a laser problem or something else.

Edit: I misread, I see you installed nobd cfw and used that to qa flag.

You did not need to use 4.82, any rebug cfw would have done for remarrying the drive.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 6:11 AM
    Yugonibblit likes this.
  17. 1,775
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    which noBD 4.85 you try i make two for my tutorial which are my noBD CFW and Rebug Lite noBD

18. 30
    Maroon Storm

Maroon Storm Member

I'm sure I've used not compatible version of BD that is also failed, but still nothing works on this and I do not know why. I've considered using the older method which I think is: Rogero 9.99 Downgrader, Rogero v3.7 CFW, and follow this: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Remarry_Bluray_Drive

edit: I have not seen your post I am going to check it (I swear I'd searched with google to found on this side a new version of noBD/NoBT CFW). It was from a random blog post (found it, that is the name: Overflow v6 cobra cex no blueray edition), but I'm sure it worked I can play gt6 on it but still no working BD in it.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:15 AM
  19. 1,775
    Louay

Louay Senior Member

Home Page:
    Could be Overflow noBD ??

20. 30
    Maroon Storm

Maroon Storm Member

This is a g03 model. I'd used first a g04 model bd.
    I'd followed the second method I consecutively repeated remarrying at least 4 times. Every time I got failed.
    I read you sad and others had not had any problem with failed attempts. So I gave an attempt with the normal 4.85 cfw.
    It's turned out g04 bd drive does not accept disc, that is fine we know it's a classic head problem.
    Next I'd put back the 'original' drive but this time I left the ribbon and power cable from g04 bd.
    I planned to do another remarry attempt but for my surprise I could not install the 4.85 nobd cfw because 'your system does not need update'.
    Fine. Then just for fun I'd put a movie in it and it recognized that movie.
    Than I put a game disc in it and I'd play with it after installed itself.
    So it works but I can not find anywhere the options to fix for playing movies on it.
    The other thing is why does it work if I just put it back the original bd or that is the problem why I do not find anywhere the movie fix?