Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN PS3 BRICK??? (SUPER-SLIM)

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by zR-TRiLON, Jun 9, 2019.

1. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

Hello,
    I installed successfully HEN at my ps3. Also, I installed WebMan MOD (not the plugin) and this is when the problem started. When, I opened it, it rebooted my ps3. My ps3 has a problem with the Fan and it does sometimes very loud noice. So, after the reboot I enabled HEN and guess what happend, WebMan MOD started making my fan into a turbine so, since it was so loud I pulled out the cable. I opened it and it asked me for a system restore, I think it was nothing so I canceled it(I regret every second) and It showed everything with that loading icon. Then I closed my PS3 so I can fix it from the recovery. And, the problem is, that I can't see anything. The ps3 opens fine at recovery and at normal boot but it can't see anything. Is it a brick or something else? I have super-slim CECH-4XXX. Video (which I show you the problems):

2. 554
    ShaolinAssassin

ShaolinAssassin Developer

I can't see it on your video... do you get a black screen but with a video signal ? 720x576 maybe ? Your issue seems similar to the one that affects my superslim.

3. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

I get a display reply(screen goes absolutely black) from the ps3 for like 2 to 3 seconds then its dead again.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  4. 302
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Reports like this are why I am still on 2.0.0 and using just multiman lmao. Wtf why does Webman do this to people's fans? Is it just the version they are installing, or the way the homebrew was designed? Why would anyone want to use it or take the risk if this is what could happen lol..... There's not a version out there that won't screw with people's fan in some way, or require having to change settings that aren't very user friendly lol?

MrMario2011 likes this.
  5. 554
    ShaolinAssassin

Sounds familiar to me. Well, if you have the same issue as mine, good new is that you could recover your PS3, bad new is that it will be a pain to. I found no other option that trying and trying again the recovery menu until it finally shows up. I could be "more lucky" when i tried when the PS3 was off for some hours.

Algol likes this.
  6. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

Dude, WebMan MOD has a dynamic fan control, my ps3 has a problem with the fan (probably its the dust) so, its so stupid that it makes my fan go to turbo mode. That's webman mod fault cuz Ps3 doesn't allow normally to use so high the fan.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  7. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

I have uploaded a video with the problem, tell me if its the same so I can relax, because its 11 PM here chatting with you.

8. 554
    ShaolinAssassin

I can't be 100% sure it's the same just looking at a video but it seems very close. Anyway, your only solution at the moment is trying to call the recovery menu until it finally works.

9. 302
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Yeah my console has a worrying fan too. I recently ran the fan test and it sounded like the fans were going to launch out of the system into the sky. Lots of vibrating too (have taken the system apart before though, and it's 8 years old.) I've avoided webman like the plague due to its fan settings that appear to enable themselves whether you like it or not. Best of luck to you in terms of getting this solved. Have you tried connecting the AV/RGB cables to see if maybe the display settings changed?

10. 5,830
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Ok first webMAN is only a plugin. The app installs it for you. From there you use it from the XMB under "My Games" the PKG you installed isn't an app and first run will reboot your system to a black screen.

And yes it makes your fan go higher but this is a good thing. It keeps your system cool as Sony opted over a quiet fan then ensuring your system last a long time.

You can go into the webMAN settings under "My Games" and adjust it to either keep it at a safe temp where the system will have it turn up or down as needed. I prefer just to keep it set at 30% as it keeps the system much cooler and thus lasting longer.

It only kicks in once you turn enable HEN as the plugin gets loaded at that point in time. All this info is in the apps readme and is throughly documented.

Now as for your black screen you corrupted something by pulling the power plug. Had you of not done this you wouldn't have had any problems as HEN doesn't do anything permanent. Pulling the plug could have damaged your HDD.

What you need to do now is force recovery mode and repair the file system then restore the database. If this doesn't work from recovery again you need to reinstall your 4.84.2 HFW. This should fix your issues unless the HDD got damaged from the forced power off.

Try these things in recovery and report back so we can get you sorted. We test this THOROUGHLY before releasing on every type of system. This is the safest one to date. Get the system up and running and then we can see if you need to reinstall HEN. If you can't get it running try a new HDD and reinstall the firmware.

Guys I assure you that you can't brick your system due to HEN but you can cause damage freaking out and pulling the power. We put the readme files in there for a reason. You wouldn't work on your car without the knowledge to do so beforehand. So why would you try to hack a system blindly? Everyone takes hours out of their lives to write these documents to avoid issues just like this.

11. 60
    C4rder

C4rder Member

I had a fan problem just like yours, but luckily i managed to turn off the system and uninstall webman after the reboot. I also have a superslim. I had another fan problem some time ago, but it was related to the thermal paste. The only thing I was able to do was factory reset my ps3 from recovery and lose everything. If you did a backup of the system or of the savefiles you can restore them.

Now I want to ask the forum if there’s a way to unistall hen and go back to HAN like nothing happened (it would be great if I can just remove hen and maintain han, but i can also reinstall it)

12. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

Since ps3 can open why the drive would be damaged? Shouldn't the Ps3 instantly shutdown like Brick situation? Also, recovery is like a bios isn't it? Or it is saved in the Drive? :/ (Please don't judge me for my stupidity) And, yes some data is corrupted logically because I plugged my ps3 off.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  13. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

No I haven't tried and I don't know if I have any. I will try thanks for your advice.

14. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

Also, how to close ps3 from recovery mode? I don't want to pull out the cable again xD.
    If drive is damaged, is there any way to fix it?

15. 5,830
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Bro no judgement just giving advice is all. Reading up on something before using can save you a lot of headaches. We all have to start somewhere and I'm happy to help with that. I was just giving advice so stuff like this doesn't happen again or you will have some idea where to start troubleshooting issues. Just about everything a normal user could want to know is documented here.

Now as for recovery mode do this.
    This is the way I perform the steps.
    • 1. With the console "OFF", push power button and hold, it will power on, continuing holding the power button until it powers off.
    • 2. Then release the power button.
    • 3. Push and hold the power button again. It will beep and then double beep.
    • 4. After that, release the power button and you should get the screen with the different options.

From here try to repair file system first. If that doesn't work restore database. And finally if that doesn't work reinstall HFW 4.84.2 from this screen. Report back what happens so we can help you. And as for the "turbine fan" I have been using the increased fan speed for over 5 years and it still works fine. The only thing that happened is extending my systems life. And as I said we can adjust this so it isn't so loud but still get the benefits of using it. Instead of 100% only 30% makes a huge difference. Think of that Sony doesn't allow the fan to go even 30% until it's to late and damage is going to occur. By keeping the speeds up you will not have to worry about this happening.

And if I came off judgemental I'm sorry it wasn't my intent. We as mods are here to educate and help. So sorry if I came off that way as I didn't mean to. Just got done with a 7 hour car trip I'm a little tired LOL

Sdw100 and kozarovv like this.
  16. 7,606
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Webman settings for fan are clearly described on setup page. Set max temperature when fan should start going faster, set minimal fan speed that gonna be used before it reach max temp. Done. If your ps3 have jet issue, then it mean that it reached far more than default 68c. Without it is probably getting ~80c, maybe more. So good luck in long term using that ps3 then.

Push power button, if not work push little longer.

Cypher_CG89 likes this.
  17. 2,823
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    When you install WebMAN MOD the dynamic fan control is on by default and is set to 68*C..... SO IF you install it and your fan goes nuts your temps have already exceeded this by a bit or a lot so the fan will spool up to cool the PS3 quickly.

There is nothing wrong with WebMAN when this happens but rather your PS3 is far to hot to start with.

Kier_1234657 likes this.
  18. 5,830
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    And any temp above 68° causes damage to your electrical components. The devs are trying to save your system where Sony wanted you to buy another after it broke. Even at 68° it's hot enough to make your thermal paste dry up much faster. So I suggest 60° or better yet a steady 30-33% so the fan doesn't have to go up and down.

19. 27
    zR-TRiLON

zR-TRiLON Forum Noob

Maybe, you didn't see the video. I can't go to recovery due to black screen. I only have a black screen that's all. Nothing else. When I go to recovery its black screen. And when I open it normally again, black screen. Also, if my ps3 get fixed, I will sent you a video about how loud is my ps3. I mean, its like a vacuum cleaner.

20. 302
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

My ps3 is pretty quiet most times, it is only when my place heats up and the air conditioning isn't on when it starts to get loud. It gets loud when playing ps2classics sometimes too. Think it's mostly the room temperature that effects my system. Summer's are brutal in my area. Have never changed the thermal paste or anything on my system, have had it for 8 years and sometimes it's on 24/7 for careless reasons lol.... I call it a champ, only system I've ever owned that still works after this long lmao. Laser is the only component that is noticeably failing.

I haven't a clue what the inner temp is, I tried using one of the tools to check and it didn't seem to work, just kept loading a webpage. I just know the bottom of the console near the power supply gets burning hot to the touch sometimes lol. CECH3001A. Still works just fine for me, Sony must not have did that bad of a job with fan control lol..