Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 CECH 3004-B dead after writing flash_485.hex

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by mrg, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 7
    mrg

mrg Forum Noob

Hi guys,

I did something stupid, so I would request some help.

My PS3 superslim was on OFW 4.85 and I wrongly decided to downgrade it!

This is what I did:
    1 - installed twice the HFW 4.85
    2 - used the ps3xploit.com to dump my NOR flash (I have the original 16Mb NOR file on my computer). The dump is good as reported by the PyPS3Checker tool. Only have the warning of the SKU, which I didn't pay attention.
    3 - I have flashed the flash_485.hex file
    4 - after a reboot the PS3 goes on for few seconds (led green turns on) but it goes immediately off.

I was stupid to flash the flash_485.hex because this model can't be downgraded. I should have used the HEN enabler instead...

So, what can I do now?

Can the PS3 come back to life without open it?
    I have an E3 flasher, can I just flash back the original dump with it?

Thanks in advance!

2. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

if your flasher works with NOR then yes just flash original dump.

3. 1,903
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

4. 7
    mrg

mrg Forum Noob

Thank you for your reply.

Yes this is an E3 flasher.

- I have placed the bkpps3.bin (NOR dump) into the root of the memory card (16GB)
    - After plugging the E3 flasher to the NOR chip with all the switches down, I turn the PS3 ON, and after, the front leds start to blink alternatively back and forward. Is this normal?

I press the START button and nothing happens. Is this a bad connection between the E3 and the NOR chip?

Thanks in advance!

5. 1,487
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

You've probably got a connection issue. Most e3's have connection issues when not soldered, due to clip design.
    Make a NOR backup[edit]

1. Place a blank micro SD card into the E3. Flip all switches down except the 3rd (Backup). Turn on the console. Once the HD light has stopped flashing, press START on the E3 and wait until the LED's on the indicator have reached 100% (Once finished they will flash alternatively).
    2. Remove the bkpps3.bin from the SD card and validate it before doing anything else with it. Once you have done that, back it up again and compare MD5 to ensure that your clip is stable enough for the downgrade process.

6. 7
    mrg

mrg Forum Noob

To get the status leds I am also connecting the E3 to the PS3 HDD connector. Is this right? Otherwise they wont blink.

The thing is I don't get errors, just those led's flashing forward and backwards alternately. Usually that happens when "everything is ok", right? but I press the start button and the process wont start. Even if the SDcard was wrong. they should give the "0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 Failed to open TF card SD card not seated properly " error or some other SD card related errors. It looks that the E3 is not stating properly. I don't know.

And what about that wire soldered under the board that I've seen in so many videos? Should I solder it and disconnect the E3 from the HDD connector?

Thank you!

7. 353
    Luisile

Luisile Member

First of all The 3004 slim can not be jailbroken. You can only install Hen on it. Yes you can use the backup nor to flash it back on console but you need to byteswap it or something i really dont know. you can not directly flash the backup from ps3xploit dumper with e3flasher.

8. 7
    mrg

mrg Forum Noob

Yes I was dumb to try to downgrade it and I still don't know why I did it. Anyway, I am now struggling to flash original NOR dump (byte swapped) with E3 flasher. I tried to back up the NOR first, but no success.

Before blaming the connector/clip, I am now trying to update the firmware (which doesn't need to properly connect the NOR, just needs power), so I could tell if the E3 is working or not. Still I don't have valid status leds. Maybe its the card so I wil try with an older card (2GB)...

I'll let you guys know if it worked.

9. 353
    Luisile

Luisile Member

Yes order card under 2 gb is preffered. I also use such an old card.