Ps3 cech4203a super slim firmware halted

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Fallen777, Nov 29, 2019.

1. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

my ps3 superslim is not operating anymore brought it 4 and a half moth ago from shipment contain
    its an european model been only using it on its own 12gb samsung since it came without one 3 weeks ago i turned it on everything went ok play shadow of collosues ps2 classic but since last 2 weeks it gave me a black screen after loading save game so uninstalled it and plugged my usb in to play saw 1 from multiman while playing i paused it and went online to find a prison cell code.I coundnt resume it as system was halted i unplugged the power cord but got grey screen on hdmi at 576p 50ghz
    tried video reset dint work tried booting to recovery mode everything was fine it asked me to plug in controller etc i selected first the reset default setting but still grey screen
    went to recovery again select rebuild database still grey screen third time i download 4.84 ofw pup from driverpedia and tried to update but still grey screen after that it woundt into recovery again tried a used av cord dont know if it even works i got audio with blank screen i knew it was asking for confirmation after following gamepad directions i no longer get audio from it no recovery no output.

i have opened it myself to clean and applied hy618 thermal greese as i only had it available plus my cmos socket is torn from positive end on motherborad cmos trace is ripped from that end cell is inside its connect from negative end to motherborad

onemore thing i have also turned it on with fan unplugged after nearly 3 min it started flashing red and green light with beeps and turned off i connect the fan again and turned it on fan was too loud so unplugged and put it aside to cool down
    what should i do is my motherborad fried
    Do i need reballing
    is it a bad flash can it be repaired
    should i try with new av cable what are chances of black screen with av cable
    i have tried with zero filled ntfs formatted hdd with no response from system

requesting littlebalup or anyone with cech4203 flash knowledge for reply

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    esc0rtd3w likes this.
  2. 1,204
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    Besides cringing at the thought of running that PS3 without fan hooked up, all the suggestions you already tried lead me to believe you should try a different monitor or tv. Otherwise you have some video/gpu issue. There is one screw holding the clamp down on those, but even if that's not secure, it would just overheat and power down.

If you can get into recovery though and you see the screen, the gpu issue does not make sense. I am still leaning to try different tv, or check tv settings.

I know I already pm about trying a hard drive (simple standard quick ntfs format will suffice) and also formatting emmc in recovery, but if you didn't do that, then try that also.

3. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

i dont have another monitor with hdmi available but i tried with on a old pal tv with av cable black screen
    brought av cable from junk selll is this fault
    running the ps3 without fan
    what are damages

is hy618 silicon thermal greese good enought for cell and rsx

and cmos connection negative point only read full post and clear me with answers to all questiom

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2019 at 11:26 AM
  4. 34
    ElGris

ElGris Member

"tried video reset dint work tried booting to recovery mode everything was fine it asked me to plug in controller etc i selected first the reset default setting but still grey screen"

Did the PS3 gave you image on low resolution after using recovery mode? If yes, then your Panasonic IC is dead. The one that controls HDMI signals.

You have to reset the display settings by pressing the power button, the PS3 needs to be connected to a TV using the A/V cable. Also, check the yellow light of the HDD, if it blinks, then the PS3 is reading your HDD, so is booting.

In worst cases, the Panasonic chip will cause a major mess and can produce some important shorts in the near area. Be careful, if you can't get image with the A/V cable, don't turn on your console again, find a GOOD consoles repair store.

esc0rtd3w likes this.
  5. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

cant be that cause when this currption occured it was giving output at 1080p
    and at recovery mode it gave display at 576p 50hz at hdmi this is pherhaps normal cause i remeber that when i brought this console it was on 4.82 ofw i update to 4.84 throught settings but to install 4.84 hfw it failed from there so i had to boot to recovery mode and i remember it gave 576p 50 hdmi display then too since my led is a custom with samsung motherborad from malaysia so i think its not the ic chip
    and i also there is someone selling a superslim
    saying that sometimes his console boots fine and sometimes it takes many times to boot and it shuts dowm after red light turning green for a few seconds
    he thinks some ic is dead and he has tried changing power supply but nothing
    what could be the casue and what could the solution

6. 34
    ElGris

ElGris Member

For some reason I skipped something you wrote. I recommend you to use dots and commas, that will help to understand you better. Now, the first thing you need to do is make sure the RSX isn't dead, you can do that by connecting the A/V in an old TV and reset video settings using the power button, make sure to use the lower quality the PS3 can offert. If you still can't get image, well, the RSX is dead.

The HDMI port can run every resolution, the problem is when you want to use 1080p and the HDMI chip is damaged, because it won't run that resolution, and can show you no image, or will shut the system off. It depends of how damaged it is.

In this case, the solution is changind that IC, but first you have to make sure you can get image from the A/V port.

"saying that sometimes his console boots fine and sometimes it takes many times to boot and it shuts dowm after red light turning green for a few seconds"

In super slim from what I know and read, the main possible issues are RSX/CELL, wifi/BT module and the Panasonic chip.

esc0rtd3w likes this.
  7. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

sorry bro for all this writing fuss i dint remembered i made a video of it and its on youtube i am going to edit the post to add the video url so look to first and help

u
    i have added the url now look at first post by me

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2019 at 11:28 AM
  8. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

Elgris bro watch the video and hel pplz

9. 34
    ElGris

ElGris Member

Seems like your PS3 has GLOD, green light of death. If you couldn't get image from the A/V port, then the RSX is dead. I have a fat in the same conditions, no image, a panasonic chip fried and a RSX dead. In this cases you better take it to a good repair store, with an actual rework station.
    The bad thing about this is that you aren't 100% sure of problem until you make some test on the mother board. In this case I would remove the hdmi ic, to see if it's in short, because you got image on low resolution after the freeze.

10. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

found this post on psx scene by a guy vronz that:
    as far as i know GLOD is when CellBE CPU has cracked solder joint or it's totally broken - that's why the system cannot even run diagnostics to issue YLOD. so, from your description seems like the cracked solder joint under your CellBE CPU makes contact when you hold the CPU tight to the motherboard with using the brackets. so, maybe, reflow of the CPU can recover that joint permanently.​

i remember that last time i opened to diaganose if thermal paste is the problem i did saw a flat solder under CELL BE will a reflow work i know that reball is inevitable and i am planning to learn these repairing skill after 1 year and 6 months for my college to finish

11. 7,267
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

GLOD can be any fault that the console cant detect that stops it from displaying an image, it will only show YLOD or RLOD if it detects certain faults.

Algol likes this.
  12. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

can software brick cause glod

13. 7,267
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Not normally as far as I know.

14. 35
    Fallen777

Fallen777 Forum Noob

i suspect that cpu and gpu has to be reballed and whole motherborad needs to be reflowed