PS3 PS3 does not recognize any FW

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by doragonfighter, Oct 11, 2019.

1. 7
    doragonfighter

doragonfighter Forum Noob

Introducing:
    Hi I am new here.
    Hope this is the right forum part for this. If not I am open for a teaching and pls place it to the correct place, thanks.

Situation:
    I bought a needed PS3 slim CECH2004A. The user before me said it was jailbreaked already. But there is no FW installed. I have no information about the CFW what was installed before.
    When I start the PS3 it turns on normally and I get into the install menu, also the recovery menu functions normally.

Problem and Question:
    The PS3 does not recognize any FW, no CFW and no OFW. It says I should install an FW of the version 2.70 or higher. I tried OFW´s and CFW´s with higher version. It always says it does not recognize a suitable FW pls put in a stick with suitable FW then.
    I tried that in the normal menu and in the recovery menu, also tried the other points in the recovery menu and then tried to install. Same thing.
    So how can I install a CFW on this PS3?

And so on...:
    If anyone need more information just let me know. Thanks for reading already.

2. 1,389
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum. Since it's asking for a minimum firmware of 2.70 or higher, this means your PS3 is compatible with CFW. You should try installing CFW from USB (to see if it is actually jailbroken), which is where your problem seems to lie. Make sure the USB drive has at least 256MB free, and is formatted in FAT32 with MBR (GPT partitions will not be read by the PS3).

doragonfighter and DeViL303 like this.
  3. 7,089
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    It's sounds like it has been converted to Rebug DREX by the way it's asking for 2.70.. DEX will ask for the Minver. Try install the latest Rebug DREX.

4. 7
    doragonfighter

Thankya for welcoming me.
    Oh yes I tried that already as I have written it in my description. My USB stick is FAT32 formatted and has 8 GB free. I used the standard Update folder order Stick/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.pup
    (I changed the name of the update file to PS3UPDAT.pup whatever FW I used as it should be as I know.)
    But I have still the same problem.

So you mean this PS3 will only recognize Rebug DREX CFWs? Ok I will try to install this one. I will reply again if that functions this evening. Thanks for first.

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  5. 1,389
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Wasn't sure why it would ask for 2.70 lol

DeViL303 and doragonfighter like this.
  6. 7,089
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Basically yeah, once converted to DEX kernel then a console will only accept DEX or DREX pups. Once you have it back on the XMB you can convert back to CEX (REX) if you want to with Rebug Toolbox but its not really important for now. Most people don't need DEX but no real major harm in having it.

doragonfighter likes this.
  7. 1,389
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

doragonfighter likes this.
  8. 7
    doragonfighter

Oh my ear!
    It really recognized the CFW, then it was not functioning, it was stuck at 98 % of the install preparation.
    I tried a trick I found in the net, hold Powerbutton for 30 secs until console turns off, go into recovery menu, install then the CFW from USB stick. But as I clicked the Firmware update option, the console always stopped to work completely and got stuck in the menu.
    I was thinkin.... yo and then I began again with trying the other options in the recovery menu, I thought what is the most logical possibility what the problem is, I saw the PS3 system recovery option, I tried it because I thought that it should be, when it cannot install a FW.

And it functioneeeed!!! Im happy :D

Now I see sucessfully the Rebug DREX version CFW on the screen.
    Thankyou very much, I never would have came byself to the issue that my console was converted to DEX.

And yes it is not bad to have DEX but no need to have it if ya just want to use normal things and play games. I have read DEX is for debugging and programmers or modders or anyones.
    However thankya!

I already found this, but thank you, you really linked the right one and it would have helped me.
    Hopefully it helps others, who read this in this forum.

@ you both: can I give you a thankyou on this site? A positive recommenend or somth?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019