PS3 PS3 - FAT Can't figure out what i should do ?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by AccountSaver, Mar 25, 2020.

1. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Hello,

I made a thread yesterday,but it was my 1st post,and i don't know, why it wasn't posted.So i will make a new thread.

I have a FAT PS3 ,that i want to jailbreak ,just to play games , from external HDD or .iso that i find.

But , i saw different tutorials and got confused.The steps that i need is to install first HFW 4.85 and then OVERFLOW CEX ,but the overflow is forbidden and taken down ,another popular is REBUG (as i see) but again i don't see it anywhere.

So what should i do ? Should i go to 4.84 or go to 4.85 ?
    Plus what CEX should i use ?

Thanks!

2. 1,385
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Rebug is nice software, you can find it at http://rebug.me/
    This: http://ps3xploit.com/ should help a lot. it has ps3 hen, dumpers, tools, guides, help, faq, and everything you need to get started.
    Once you've gotten there, i personally recommend rebug, due to the massive amount of features it has, the support it has, and the stability I get on the several machines i've put it on. There are other fantastic releases as well, but rebug is my personal favorite. :)

3. 1,385
    psykosis

Also, your post may have been deleted if it suggested piracy in any way. Your OP actually could trip that when you say "any iso that i find" because we do not support piracy in any way, shape or form. It gets you kicked/banned. Rule #1... big one..
    If it's a legitimate backup of a game you own, we support that. Or if its for development, or homebrew, that's cool too.

AccountSaver and Algol like this.
  4. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Thnak you for the reply , but i never said that i will download any iso for piracy etc. but when a friend of mine can upload to me an iso to play the game, it could be done correct ?

Now about the REBUG, as you suggest.
    First of all , again than kyou. Yes,i saw a lot of tutorials but too many information,and when you don't know you can make damage .
    So that's why i wanted to ask.

First i need to download the 4.85 or 4.84 you think ? HFW
    Then to install the REBUG CEX lite ?

And then i am done ?

Thanks

5. 1,385
    psykosis

You're suggesting piracy. This conversation is over.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  6. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Piracy is when you share the same, game with your friend ? Not to download it from a cracked version etc.
    Then all those tools , from REBUG all the way to OVERFLOW , what are they suggested ? I saw many threads , that were saying play games external discs , without the disc etc. are those not piracy ?

I want to understand.

7. 978
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    The idea behind these hacks and exploits is so you can backup YOUR OWN purchased games.

Borrowing a disc from a friend and making a copy. That's piracy.
    Downloading a games that you don't own. That's piracy.
    Buying a game, making a backup and taking the game back for a refund. That's piracy.

Any game you aquire without owning the original disc is piracy.

8. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

That's something that i didn't know. I thought only the games that you find online,are the ones that are for "piracy use" like piratbay etc.
    i never said anything like that.
    My friend has many games on PS3 and now with the Corona virus, i could stay inside, and play some that he wants to give to me, but he told me that i need to have a backup system on jailbreak ,otheriwse i will not be able to play , the games if i return the disc to him.

9. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Whether your friend uploads the ISO for you to download, or a total stranger does, it's the same thing since you do not own the game disc yourself. A 'personal backup' is exactly that: a digital copy of the game disc which has been ripped for your own use, to save wear and tear on the disc and the BD drive itself.

Or, alternatively, a backup copy of an already digital format game from the PS Store, which you have legitimately bought and backed up yourself, for personal use at a later point (in case of account ban, HDD reformat, servers are down, and/or other legitimate reasons along those lines).

Anything outside of this constitutes piracy, something which we neither allow discussion of - let alone condone or promote - on the forum. I hope this makes sense, as this is not a philosophical topic up for debate; it is plain and simple with no allowances or exceptions. We don't have many rules here, but those we do have we take seriously. Piracy being rule #1, we strictly enforce a no tolerance approach to any and all piracy discussion. I hope you understand.

AccountSaver and sandungas like this.
  10. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Got it. Thank you for the information . Didn't know that. We don't debate on the topic, i just learn stuff that i didn't know .
    Now, what is your suggestion on what i said ? Left's forget about the entire topic on the piracy.

How can i install the CEX the correct one , on the FAT , the best solution is REBUG Lite ?

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  11. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

No problem, I just wanted to be 100% clear on the matter :)

I would suggest something from listed in this thread under the CFW tab, if you want 4.85 CFW installed. There's also Rebug 4.84.2 REX if you aren't bothered about being on the latest version and want a full Rebug CFW installed. Personally, you're just as well going for a 4.85 CFW like Rebug Lite or Ferrox Cobra, unless you specifically want or need something from the full Rebug which is a hybrid of CEX and DEX firmware. You can read about the different features if you wish at rebug.me

You will need a USB drive formatted in FAT32 (FAT or exFAT are not compatible) with MBR (GPT partitioned drives cannot be read by the PS3). The file needs to be renamed PS3UPDAT.PUP and placed in X:\PS3\UPDATE where X: is your USB drive letter and the root of your USB drive. So:
    X:PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP is the correct folder structure.

I hope this helps you out. :)

AccountSaver likes this.
  12. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Yes, and you did well for informing me,and be clear to me .You will see no rule break from me. Now that i know.
    I just want to learn how can i do it, i saw so many tutorials that i got mixxed up in my mind.
    So hte best solution to go is a simple 4.84.2 REX ? Not CEX ?
    The tutorials that you have online as well promote CEX as simpler one.

Yes,about the USB etc.etc. i have all the instructions.

I am "blocked" on the part of choose between CEX,REX,Hybrid, 4.84, 4.85 , CFW or what. That is the place that i mixxed up.

13. 1,630
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

REX is a combination of CEX and DEX; installing it on a CEX system like yours will install the CEX component. You really only need Rebug Lite (which is CEX only without the DEX component) unless you have a specific need for DEX (development/debugging).
    CEX and REX install the same way; hybrid firmware (HFW) is what's installed in order to trigger the exploit which then allows you to install CFW, but it is not a type of CFW in of itself.

Just keep it simple: pick a firmware such as Rebug Lite 4.85, and then if you decide you want to try Rebug REX 4.84, you just need to toggle your QA flag on (link to habib's homebrew toggler) and then you can install a lower firmware version than is installed, which the PS3 cannot do by default. That way you can experiment, but to be honest Rebug Lite or Ferrox Cobra will meet the needs of the vast majority of users.

14. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Okay i am trying to put Rebug Lite 4.85.1 and i am stuck after the recovery screen. I have put the PS3 into Recovery mode,and it's still checking for the USB .
    It doesn't do anything else. I tried 3x different USB Stick 2.0 (FAT32)

15. 978
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Did you rename the Rebug update to "PS3UPDAT.PUP", and placed in "usb:/UPDATE/"

16. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Yes,i did it , i triple checked it.
    I bought today even a new stick. Nothing, it says " no system image found something like that, and then please install 4.80 and later update and try again pressing START & Select " .
    This shows up ,after 10 minutes of waiting in the recovery screen (after i selected the System Update option).

17. 978
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Have you installed HFW and then run HFW Flash Writer first? This is a prerequisite and must be done before installing CFW

Algol likes this.
  18. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

I haven't even get installed teh HFW
    Now it's just showed me The data is corrupted 8002F2B5. I am going to download the official Update Sony 4.85 latest,and install it and then get back to try and install HFW ? What do you say?

19. 21
    AccountSaver

AccountSaver Forum Noob

Yes,i did it , i triple checked it.
    I bought today even a new stick. Nothing, it says " no system image found something like that, and then please install 4.80 and later update and try again pressing START & Select " .
    This shows up ,after 10 minutes of waiting in the recovery screen (after i selected the System Update option).

20. 978
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    You need to take a step back and take a look at some guides.
    There are risks involved and you don't want to end with a bricked system.

First, install OFW 4.85 TWICE.
    Then install HFW 4.85.
    Access ps3xploit website and run Flash writer.
    Access ps3xploit website and run Flash Dumper.
    Check your dump with dump checker.
    Make sure you have no errors on your dump.
    If errors, leave ps3 on and come back here for advice.
    If no errors, reboot ps3.
    Installed your CFW of choice.