PS3 PS3 FAT CFW Decisions

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Beanzzz1995, May 23, 2020.

1. 2
    Beanzzz1995

Beanzzz1995 Forum Noob

i havr just purchased a original 40gb fat ps3 which i will be upgrading the hard drive to 750gb. I really want to mod online. Been reading very conflicting things on the internet about 4.86 Rebug CFW. That loading GAME folders is not recommended but isnt that how mods for Gta V and Blackops etc work. Just need some clarity really on what firmware to install to be able to mod online. Also if the answer is 4.86 how do i go about loading mods. Very new to the PS3 Jailbreaking scene. Quarantine has made me buy one lol.

Thank You in advance for any help

2. 1,223
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    That totally depends on what your modding online for....

If its for cheating in multiplayer online... Then you won't get a huge amount of help. It's not something we condone here at PSX-Place and really, in general, something you shouldn't need to do.

Single player modding on the other hand is fine with us here as it is a "victimless crime".
    The actual modding part, not something I do personally, but I beleive it requires the need to change EBOOT.bin files that the game uses for ones that have been modded. This might also require extra assets such as textures and settings files to also be installed into the games install directory.
    There is also RTM modding which I beleive runs on a PC and your ps3 receives "commands" from the RTM tools, applying "cheats" in real time.

EDIT: Also, modding online is a great way of getting yourself noticed and banned from PSN

3. 1,490
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Sounds like you are trying to get your account and console banned. Modding online is one of the #1 ways to get busted. Running homebrew (an application NOT designed/published/authorized by Sony) while online is another flag.

GTAV & COD:BO1&2 were NOTORIOUS for getting cheaters/modders banned.
    If you are using a firmware BELOW 4.86 to try to get online, you'll need a spoof, which is another risk to take.
    Sony doesn't allow firmware below latest to go onto PSN otherwise.

If you run official games, or ISO ripped from disc, and you disable syscalls, etc (which would disable your mods/cheats IIRC), and go online that gives the minimal risk. Add on your mods, cheats, running in folder format, etc add to your risk exponentially.

Also...don't be a jerk/cheater online, because people will get pissed and report you for cheating/modding/etc which will get you a console ban.

4. 2
    Beanzzz1995

Beanzzz1995 Forum Noob

Well thank you for the advice guys but another question is firmwar what would be a better option? 4.84 CEX then convert to DEX then spoof to get online or 4.86 Lite?