Ps3 fat chech-c04

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by X__RAY, Dec 10, 2019.

1. 5
    X__RAY

X__RAY Forum Noob

So i found this ps3 and it was unopened and clean as hell i like to mod things change stuff cooling mods and making it look better and cooler and what homebrew should iget

Also on another point iknow it has 3 ports one for sdcard but what does the other 2 do

Thanks

2. 94
    xxxmarioxxx

xxxmarioxxx Member

To make it run cooler:
    1. Delid both CPU and GPU, use high quality thermal paste like MX4 or Arctic Silver 5
    2. Replace 15 blade fan with a 19 blade one
    3. Install CFW and webman mod, set max temp below 75C.

Other ports on card reader are for CF card and Memory Stick. CF cards are used on cameras and MS are used on many sony products like cameras and PSP.

3. 5
    X__RAY

X__RAY Forum Noob

Well i cant find 19 blade fan ilooked but could not find any
    2. I tried to remove the cpu ihs but its stuck so hard to the mobo
    3.im using webman as of rn and temps are 56 46 on 27%

4. 94
    xxxmarioxxx

xxxmarioxxx Member

If you can't find one, the 15 blade fan will work just fine, it just makes a bit more noise. 19 blade fans are hard to find, searched on ebay and found only one result. You could also try aliexpress.
    You can't pry off the IHS on cpu like you did with GPU, it's glued to it with silicone glue. You need to cut the glue first. Watch some youtube videos on delid first before you try it. Not a difficult job if you have the right tool.
    That's some good temperature, try to play some demanding games and see if it overheats.

5. 1,886
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Either the 15 or 19 Blade, both are fine to use, although i must disagree about the 15 Blade noise, from my experience, the 15 Blade is much quieter and more well built, than the 19 Blade counterpart,not to mention the 15 ones have longer blades, than the shorter 19 ones.

They aren't quite rare, but not quite easy to get, they are in the middle term, i have one in my 60Gb,and a few 19s and 15s for spares, but again the difference isn't huge in temperature and operation, although in noise the 15 one wins by a margin, i don't know if they make them anymore, but i know Tailsmoon had some years making 3rd Party 19 Blade Fans for the PS3s during the 15 vs 19 Blade Fan Wars, made by poor evidence and plain stupidity, not going to lie even i felt for it back in the YLOD days.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

X__RAY and wrx884 like this.