PS3HEN PS3 game folders work but can't play my back up discs of PSX games neither my PS3 ISOS.. How to fix?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by TheArcuzHunter, May 22, 2019.

1. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I'm on HEN 2.1.0, and I haven't been able to run my own backup discs from my USB that I have turned into ISO for ps3 games and my .bin PSX backups with my cousin's ps3. The problem is, every time I try to run them on my console with Irisman or Multiman (each on their own corresponding folders for PSXISO and PS3ISO), I get a black screen and then the console turns off with "no led light" (usually there would be a red led light on the power button but it's not glowing at all when I run ISOS or .bin files).
    For PSX games on .bin format I tried running net_emu and still the same problem persists, tried with the 4 options given there related to the PSX net_emu.
    Is there a way I can fix this? Having my ps3 with a broken laser sucks a whole bunch and limits my options...

2. 5,094
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:
    Shoot had to edit. What model PS3 do you have? If you have a broken BD drive and it won't launch because of this you should have a system that can take CFW which is what would need needed not HEN to get your games running

Algol likes this.
  3. 3,065
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

If you have a bad Bluray module then none of apps would work, does any of apps work without HEN at all? I'm talking about things like youtube and netflix.

Algol and atreyu187 like this.
  4. 5,094
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Wanna-BeTA Tester Moderator

MCU/Sony Enthusiast!
    Home Page:

What I was getting at is all systems that won't work with BD logic board issues are the CECH-210X slims and lower. All of which can run CFW. The CECH-2500 and up can run without a BD drive as the what's needed is built into the motherboard. So if he has that issue he should install a No-BD CFW and not HEN. This would fix his issue is what I was getting at was all. He did say he had to rip games with another system. So he can install but not run the apps etc.

Algol likes this.
  5. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Im on 3001B... I can't have CFW. I'm on 4.84.2 with HFW and HAN and also HEN. This PS3 had a lot of issues since I bought it. It would give me "file system needs to restart" error when I got off of any app from time to time by "quit game" option when holding down the ps button, and also would do that when quitting PSN store. I bought it off of GameStop (worst company for real).

Edit: I just want to say that I currently have my cousin's PS3 with me (model 2501 with CFW), do I need it to fix my 3001 model?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I only enable HEN for CFW stuff like package installs for retroarch and multiman/irisman , but Youtube does work when HEN is disabled (weird... I had HEN enabled and it crashed my console rn when I tried to run Youtube, but after restarting it and getting the "file storage may be corrupted" message, I played youtube and it plays videos as it should).

7. 3,065
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

If you were to use multiMAN, make sure to use the 4.82.00 version, there used to be a bad update available online which was labeled as "00.00" that one would crash all the time.

https://store.brewology.com/get/homebrew.php?id=24&fid=2111

Algol likes this.
  8. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

I
    tried with both Irisman 4.84 HEN and pretty sure Im using the "00.00" 4.82 version of Multiman and they both turn off my console with psx games and ISOs. Should I still try 4.82.00 Multiman? If so, do I go to settings and change to mmcm mode thing and enable it?

9. 3,065
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I already gave you the link to try and told you to do so. don't make me repeat.

Algol and atreyu187 like this.
  10. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Ok, that made the only appearing game on Multiman work! thank you so frickin much!!!!! It was my copy of Silent Hill for PSX! Now, how do I get the console to read my Crash bandicoot 3 copy? It doesnt show on the retro tab of Multiman, but it shows on Irisman.
    Edit: It's in .bin format for both of these mentioned games btw!

11. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

Also, it's still crashing on that Multiman version you told me to try, bad luck. I can't get my Call of duty WaW and Red Dead Redemption ISOS to work. Console turns off on its own to no led light :/

12. 3,065
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Algol likes this.
  13. 77
    TheArcuzHunter

TheArcuzHunter Member

14. 97
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Fedor Wearing A Fedora Member

Not fully aware how non bd cfw versions work but if possible try this for psx games: for single bin images in a bin/cue or img/cue format use webman mod, For the best compatibility convert the game to pkg format. There are several tutorials on this site on how to do that.

15. 3,065
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

upload_2019-5-23_13-2-47.png

Does this give you any idea?

16. 980
    umart666

umart666 Member

i have cechc with broken BD and i'm running 4.81.1 rebug rex noBD and psX games work flawlessly in all plugins/managers that i'm using and/or tested - wmM,irisman and managunZ.i didn't however tested on that cfw multiman but i've previously used on same system various earlier noBD versions of rebug with multiman,and i don't remember having issues with it.

again,there's also plenty if not majority of bad dumps and backups of psX on the net,so first thing to check is your own proper rip of the known working disc of psX game.i have feeling that majority of reports of stuff not working is due to use of the untested rips and backups.it amazes me that first thing to suspect would be cfw,manager or other homebrew rather than some random rip of th game that you've downloaded from the internet (not you personally,i'm speaking hypothetically and english is not my first language :) ).

17. 97
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

Good to know about the non bd compatibility, till now (and i hope not to jinx it) all of my systems have a functioning bd drive so never had a reason to use those versions.
    I co-sign you on the bad rips part, i've verified my rips with the rips on redump.org just to make sure that was not the case. However, as stated in this post there are still some issues with most of the multibin games running correctly. Problems that are not present when the same rip is used as pkg.
    Can you name a few multibin games that worked correctly when using a plugin/manager? maybe i just dont know the correct way of converting multibin to singlebin.

18. 980
    umart666

umart666 Member

currently i don't have any at my drives,but i think symphony of the night is mulitrack and i do remember it working on my cechc.same goes to first parasite eve,but i'm really not certain.

19. 97
    Fedor Wearing A Fedora

that's one of the exceptions where the second bin is an outro or some funny weird music track. All of the audio is XA and in the first bin, so you could consider it actually as a single bin game. Still a great game btw! :) Parasite eve is a single bin game and i had no problem with those when mounted as a disc.
    For example i had issues with destruction derby and sled storm, the music would play but would stutter/skip or the wrong track or only 1 track out of the whole soundtrack would play. When converted to pkg all of those problems were not present.

20. 980
    umart666

umart666 Member

i don't know if it would help,but i did similar comparison of all available ps2 emus on my cechc and found that there's significant difference in performance between them (most importantly,skipping and stuttering issues on netemu) on the same rip and same system.my point is to check all versions of ps1 emu,that can easily be done in irisman.