PS3 PS3 goes into recovery mod when I load games

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Shurly Dimples, Apr 6, 2020.

1. 4
    Shurly Dimples

Shurly Dimples Forum Noob

I bought a jailbroken ps3 and It just came with the ps3. No controller, or anything. Just games on the console but I had controllers and whatnot already so I got it and was messing around with mod menus for gta 5 and black ops and my dumb ass messed it up and did things out of order and was completely foolish enough to the point where most games just end up freezing and then the console restarts and I'm faced with the "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button." screen but I only have third party controllers. I did get around it a while back but taking out the hard drive and turning it off or something and it would reboot and not come up in recovery mode but I feel like that is harmful and I still can't enjoy the only 2 actual decent games I have. Is there a way for me to fix this problem without buying a new controller?

2. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

does your ps3 start normally?

3. 4
    Shurly Dimples

Yes. It will. Just most games will eventually put my ps3 into safe mode.

4. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

Okay...
    some third party controller do work in recovery. i have a wireless and usb from 2 different brands that work. if you know somebody that only have third party that is different from yours then try theirs

WIRELESS CONTROLLER MUST BE PLUGGED INTO USB

taking the drive out, and starting it is probably ok to do. some superslim models dont have a hard drive but you can add one. it may even get ps3 to kinda reset.

if only games that you modded are going to recovery...i would uninstall and reinstall that game. delete the "game data" at top of xmb game column for any game also (even if disc because updates and mods are on hdd for these too).

5. 4
    Shurly Dimples

So how do I uninstall and reinstall a specific game? Do I just go into Game data utility and delete that game? or save data utility? do I do it through one of the homebrew apps like webman or something?

6. 954
    Coro

Coro Member

save data utility is for save files...do NOT delete

game data is the game, updates, dlc. delete game data to uninstall. you can delete psn game by pressing triangle while on the icon for that game (like if you press x you wil start game)

7. 4
    Shurly Dimples

Ight thanks homie. That's all I needed to know. Hopefully this fixes it.