PS3 has problems finding CFW on USB drive.

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by TheRobman88, Apr 19, 2019.

1. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

• Flood
    That’s after I’ve installed it. When I’ve looked at the system info after. I’ve also tried a Ferrox 4.84 hack as well but when I tried to put that on the update wouldn’t complete coz ‘data was corrupted’ would u know what that means as well?

Ah right I see. HFW same as CFW? Sorry I’m a proper dummy lol. The only reason why I got a ps3 to hack is that I thought it would be decent for emulators coz my laptop for some wasn’t the best. Plus after I owned a PS2 in the past I then got an xbox 360 & now I’ve got an xbox 1.

I saw this as an answer to building an emulation console for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2019
  2. 10,230
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

are you on a 1 or 2k system? you can't install ferrox on 3 or 4k systems. the version.txt is displayed right before installation. official firmware will just say 4.84. hybrid firmware probably indicates that. ferrox, habib, and rebug do this. once installed, there's no indicator what's being used other than custom coldboots, aesthetic changes, or trying to use homebrew.

3. 677
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

System Information will only show the version number, whether that be 4.84, 4.82 etc. It will never say the name of the firmware e.g. Ferrox or Rebug, or whether it's OFW, HFW or CFW.

You cannot at this stage simply install CFW, as you have only (presumably) installed HFW; that's only the first step towards jailbreaking. What model is your PS3? If it's a slim (not super slim aka the 4xxx models) you need to run MinVerChk to ensure your console is compatible.
    http://www.psx-place.com/resources/minverchk-minimum-version-checker.610/

4. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

Ferrox wasn’t found so I’m presuming is a 3 or 4K system. It’s a Phat ChechG I picked up of EBay. I’m sure Minvercheck said it could go as low as 1.60.

5. 657
    umart666

umart666 Member

then it´s jailbreakable and you can install cfw but you need to follow the guide they posted and do a full exploit.follow the steps closely or if you can´t be bothered with it,find good local service to do it all,also it`s wise to do full cleanup,delid and fresh thermal paste application,it would cost you like 30-50 dollars (or eur) but you will have clean,quiet ps3 on cfw.

once jailbroken,educate yourself on how to stay safe on PSN,there`s always a chance to get banned from PSN with jailbroken console but you can be somewhat safe.also,it`s wise to use backup account just for that console.

6. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

Ok thanks for that.

7. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

• Flood
    This process is genuinely frustrating & baffling the life outta me. Is there a guide I can look at?

Or is there the links to download all the files rather than having to go on PS3Xploit in the ps3 web browser coz that wasn’t working as well.

I can’t even access the help guide on PS3Xploit anyhow.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2019
  8. 1,320
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Algol and TheRobman88 like this.
  9. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

Now the flash writer files since it’s on the PS3Xploit site will I have to save those to my ps3s HDD?

10. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

I’m still trying it.

I’ve reset the console. Put HFW 4.84 on it twice, opened PS3Xploit in the PS3 browser even tho I’ve put the dev hex file on the USB I’m getting that Update Initialisation failed message on the Nand/Nor writer.

Last attempt at it before I send it off & have someone do it for me.

11. 14
    TheRobman88

TheRobman88 Forum Noob

I sent it off in the end. Got it back with CFW on it . Thanks all for your help anyway.

I need a lift on retroarch.

Downloaded N64 & Dreamcast cores off the online Updater. I can’t find them in the existing cores for some reason.