PS3HEN Ps3 HEN or CFW for trophies

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by vr6cer, Sep 25, 2019.

1. 78
    vr6cer

vr6cer Member

Hi Everyone, it's a simple question: HEN or CFW is recommended for collecting trophies on the Ps3? I have an additional dummy account where I started to collect my Ps Vita trophies and I am planning to use that account with my modified Ps3. I have an additional sen account, but that one is only used with my legit Ps4. The thing is, I used to play OFW ps3 with that ps4 sen account, but I don't want to use that account on any modified consoles. I would rather first unlock manually those trophies I already earned on ps3 on my dummy account, and continue collecting ps3/ps vita trophies there. For this collection reason, is it better to use HEN to sync trophies once, before activating HEN or a spoofed CFW console is also give the same "safe zone"? Thank you!

2. 7,795
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

I don't think there much difference between HEN and CFW when it comes to stealth tbh. Just make sure to use PSNpatch, both CFW and HEN use either patched modules or DEX modules, both have modded XMB items and homebrew installed normally.

People will tell you that HEN is safer as you can go online without enabling it, maybe that is true to a certain degree but the system is still very modded, not enabling HEN will only help if Sony were specifically looking for the HEN patch in RAM. However in theory if they wanted to ban HEN users they could just check for modded files and catch people with HEN installed but without HEN enabled too.

You could of course go back to OFW to sync if you were really worried, then go back to HEN/CFW after. I don't think its required but its your risk.

Also don't forget if you go unlocking trophies with a hack that the time stamps are recorded too. Some unlock methods put the same timestamp on all trophies which could in theory raise a flag with Sony if they checked it.

vr6cer and Algol like this.
  3. 78
    vr6cer

vr6cer Member

Thank you @DeViL303 for the detailed information. Yes, true, I was thinking about the timestamps as well for my old trophies, but I will find a way for that. Installing OFW for syncing and after going back to HEN sounds a very simple and brilliant idea. More hassle, but might be safer to sync the newly achieved trophies. On ps vita AFAIK, it shouldn't matter, if I logged in/sync via enso or HEN. Thank you anyway!

DeViL303 likes this.