PS3 PS3 is completely broken and wont start up or read PS3UPDAT.PUP files

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by xd Apollo, Oct 16, 2018.

1. 2
    xd Apollo

xd Apollo Forum Noob

My PS3 wont start up and it gives me the error 'the system software cannot be run properly' so i tried to install OFW 4.83 but it wont read the file on my USB even after formatting to fat 32, putting in the correct folder PS3 ; UPDATE ; PS3UPDAT.PUP etc but i wont recognise it and the PS3 will not start up, this happened after i tried to do a full format of the system after being on Rebug 4.82 CFW as i was trying to revert back to OFW some one please help!

2. 161
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

From what i know you should use the same FW with the one you had before the full format. Try to update with the Rebug version you had before, but i also know that Rebug can be tricky, when formatting or replacing the HDD. From all i know, you should use something like Ferrox CFW which is entirely based on CEX version. Also to revert back to OFW you should have done it the proper way, that means update from XMB while internet is off, then reinstall it for a second time, to wipe all other previous FW "signatures, then do whatever you like, means replacing or formatting your internal HDD.

Let us know what happened. Good luck bro.

jcorrea likes this.
  3. 205
    NewFile

NewFile Developer

By the love of god stay with 4 82 OFW/CFW only. Do not make attempts with 4.83 OFW because you will need to get a hardware flasher to downgrade abd if the upadte succeds you will curse youself even day for trting the latest non exploitable firmware.

4. 154
    unseen

unseen Member

You probably converted your console from CEX to DEX. You can only install a DEX CFW like Rebug DEX.

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 2
    xd Apollo

xd Apollo Forum Noob

I wanted to change back to ofw because i want to play online on ps3 cod without having to do some funky antiban shit just to play online and also some of my games were just unplayable so i wanted to restart from the beginning but my ps3 said it would take 14hours and 27mins even when there was only 30gb of storage taken up out of the 250 i have

i remember changing it to dex, i have just tried https://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-82-1-rex-d-rex-cobra-7-55-toolbox-2-02-16-apr-8th-2018/ but it did not recognise it in the folder on the usb, just gave error message of 'No applicable update data was found.... 3.20 or later..'

6. 648
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member