Ps3 problem

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by JOKEStatts, May 2, 2019.

1. 5
    JOKEStatts

JOKEStatts Forum Noob

Tattoo artist
    Hello hi every one i sucessfully jailbroke a phat ps3 via hfw 4.84 and had installed rebug 4.84.2 it was all good so i gave the console to my buddy to mess with cause he wanted to mod and other stuff he some how messed it up he told me he installed alot of stuff he didnt need and so instead of bringing it back to me he did a format utility and he told me "i thought it was going to keep the jailbreak and start it fresh like when you first gave it to me" so now it still has *debug settings at bottom of settings it also shows 4 options on system up date but only lets you choose second option it shows the firmware is 4.84 it shows the psn store icon in red still but psn network icon is blue it doesnt show packeg manager folder where the browser options it says *cfw extras but its just browser options it does not let me sign in sign up i get error (80023017) it shows a psx place app under ps network icon and a *quick sign up but i cant sign in or sign up ive tryed reinstalling ofw and also tryed installing hfw just got error code ok and ive even put it in recovery mode and tryed installing hfw and or ofw even rebug but it doesnt pick up files but it does show th pup files when ive tryed to install via settings >system up dates can any one help me get this console back to jailbreak or even back to normal so i can at least go online or log in to psn

Attached Files:

2. 81
    mizio90

mizio90 Member

you're on dex, try installing cfw d_rex rebug or cfw pasta
    if there is no package manager is it possible that your friend has disabled the cfw with sen enabler?

3. 1,341
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

format utility probably requested 4.84 firmware, which he most likely supplied ofw. It could cause a similar issue to what you're describing. If so, he removed the jailbreak, but some of the remnant files that weren't replaced are causing the display you see

EDIT: Rereading..it may be possible it was converted to dex (from rebug)...

4. 850
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    How do you even end up like this?

Try to reinstall Rebug REX or D-REX

5. 5
    JOKEStatts

JOKEStatts Forum Noob

Tattoo artist
    I dont know i had gave the ps3 to my buddy he told me he did format .
    I have tryed to install rebug through the system update and the system
    I have tried through the system update and safe mode menu but it wont pick up updated through safe mode but does show pup file on system update

So how would i be able to get jailbreak back or even just back to normal to be able to get online

Ok ill try it

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2019
  6. 5
    JOKEStatts

JOKEStatts Forum Noob

Tattoo artist
    Hello hi every one i sucessfully jailbroke a phat ps3 via hfw 4.84 and had installed rebug 4.84.2 it was all good so i gave the console to my buddy to mess with cause he wanted to mod and other stuff he some how messed it up he told me he installed alot of stuff he didnt need and so instead of bringing it back to me he did a format utility and he told me "i thought it was going to keep the jailbreak and start it fresh like when you first gave it to me" so now it still has *debug settings at bottom of settings it also shows 4 options on system up date but only lets you choose second option it shows the firmware is 4.84 it shows the psn store icon in red still but psn network icon is blue it doesnt show packeg manager folder where the browser options it says *cfw extras but its just browser options it does not let me sign in sign up i get error (80023017) it shows a psx place app under ps network icon and a *quick sign up but i cant sign in or sign up ive tryed reinstalling ofw and also tryed installing hfw just got error code ok and ive even put it in recovery mode and tryed installing hfw and or ofw even rebug but it doesnt pick up files but it does show th pup files when ive tryed to install via settings >system up dates can any one help me get this console back to jailbreak or even back to normal so i can at least go online or log in to psn​

7. 5
    JOKEStatts

JOKEStatts Forum Noob

Tattoo artist
    Hello hi every one i sucessfully jailbroke a phat ps3 via hfw 4.84 and had installed rebug 4.84.2 it was all good so i gave the console to my buddy to mess with cause he wanted to mod and other stuff he some how messed it up he told me he installed alot of stuff he didnt need and so instead of bringing it back to me he did a format utility and he told me "i thought it was going to keep the jailbreak and start it fresh like when you first gave it to me" so now it still has *debug settings at bottom of settings it also shows 4 options on system up date but only lets you choose second option it shows the firmware is 4.84 it shows the psn store icon in red still but psn network icon is blue it doesnt show packeg manager folder where the browser options it says *cfw extras but its just browser options it does not let me sign in sign up i get error (80023017) it shows a psx place app under ps network icon and a *quick sign up but i cant sign in or sign up ive tryed reinstalling ofw and also tryed installing hfw just got error code ok and ive even put it in recovery mode and tryed installing hfw and or ofw even rebug but it doesnt pick up files but it does show th pup files when ive tryed to install via settings >system up dates can any one help me get this console back to jailbreak or even back to normal so i can at least go online or log in to psn